Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flacco vs. Ryan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Team game.

Flacco played better than Ryan in the playoffs.

Ravens defense played better than ours in the playoffs.

Ryan played well enough for us to win. He made some crucial mistakes, but if our defense could've had at least one or two more stops than we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
You went from "crucial mistakes" to once again, blaming the defense. Smile

Last edited by terrell123 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
He made some crucial mistakes, .

and Flacco didn't when it counted. So Flacco should get the nod over Ryan on the QB totem pole. Not a big deal lets hope we see a SB run by Ryan and let him get that SB MVP
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
The Ravens defense that showed up in the playoffs were not the Ravens defense of the regular season.

That was also not the same Flacco. That is why Flacco should get the nod cause he shown he can elevate his game in post season. So Far Ryan has been a regular season QB with not so great playoff performances. Ravens defense was also shredded by 49ers to the tune of 500 yards. Flacco was a main reason why Ravens won a RING he was not carried to one like Trent Dilfer on 00 Ravens

Honestly Flacco vs Ryan is a toss up like I said earlier in this thread. I don't know how you could pick Flacco over Ryan if you are a Falcons fan. Would any Colts fans take Brady over Peyton?

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

and Flacco didn't when it counted. So Flacco should get the nod over Ryan on the QB totem pole. Not a big deal lets hope we see a SB run by Ryan and let him get that SB MVP
shhhhhhhh. Cant critisize around here, or your're not a Falcons fan. Wink
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
The Ravens defense that showed up in the playoffs were not the Ravens defense of the regular season.

That was also not the same Flacco. That is why Flacco should get the nod cause he shown he can elevate his game in post season. So Far Ryan has been a regular season QB with not so great playoff performances. Ravens defense was also shredded by 49ers to the tune of 500 yards. Flacco was a main reason why Ravens won a RING he was not carried to one like Trent Dilfer on 00 Ravens

Honestly Flacco vs Ryan is a toss up like I said earlier in this thread. I don't know how you could pick Flacco over Ryan if you are a Falcons fan. Would any Colts fans take Brady over Peyton?
Huh? What? In the Playoffs they probably would. Laughing Dont get it twisted, I like Matt Ryan. Just keeping it real without being all biased. After all, without the ring, NOBODY remembers a thing.

Last edited by terrell123 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Team game.

Ryan played well enough for us to win. He made some crucial mistakes, but if our defense could've had at least one or two more stops than we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Dude...Ryan can't play every position. Yes, some blame rests on his shoulders. However, the bigger factor to our loss was our inept defense.

Sorry Matt Ryan lead us to the NFC Championship and couldn't get us to the Super Bowl. Maybe you are still bitter or pissed from the loss, but making the Bowl is one of the hardest things to do in all of sports.

Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Team game.

found that odd as well. If Ryan doesn't fumble and leads Falcons down to a score chances are Falcons are playing in the Super Bowl . Also mind you Ryan has the " clutch" tag attached to him but he had the ball with 2 mins left inside the red zone with a chance to give the Falcons the go ahead score and didnt come through

He also missed a wide open Tony G
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

You can criticize, but you and Swift are being overly critical of Ryan. If our defense had held up, and we won that 9ers game, everyone wou ld be talking about how great a game Matt had. I mean come on guys he a QB rating average of over 105 this playoff series.

terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Team game.

Dude...Ryan can't play every position. Yes, some blame rests on his shoulders. However, the bigger factor to our loss was our inept defense.

Sorry Matt Ryan lead us to the NFC Championship and couldn't get us to the Super Bowl. Maybe you are still bitter or pissed from the loss, but making the Bowl is one of the hardest things to do in all of sports.
Dude, we didnt score 1 single point in the 2nd half. Cant blame the defense for that. And hell yeah Im bitter. Laughing
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

I am sure they would if they were being intellectually honest. Brady is the better QB than Manning. I no longer see it as a toss up . Flacco gets the edge cause of the playoff success he just had and help lead Ravens to a Super Bowl and picking up a SB MVP
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

You can criticize, but you and Swift are being overly critical of Ryan. If our defense had held up, and we won that 9ers game, everyone wou ld be talking about how great a game Matt had. I mean come on guys he a QB rating average of over 105 this playoff series.

we can play the IF game as well

If Ryan doesnt fumble
If Ryan hits a wide open Tony G on a slant
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

Not being critical of Ryan. Just said Id take Flacco in the Playoffs right now. Because HE'S THE BETTER PLAYER in the Post season. WHEN IT MATTERS. Since when did disagreeing on something turn into being overly critical?? Like I said I want Ryan in the reg season and Joe in the post season. For now anyway.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those IFs are very different. IF Matt Ryan had done both of those, he would've had a near flawless game.

IF our defense could've just been at least mediocre is a bit more realistic than IF only Matt could've played a perfect game.

Flacco elevated his game this year, but previous playoffs he was extremely inconsistent. Even last year, he was pretty bad during the Texans game. Let's not rush to crown him like everyone did with Eli.

If you prefer Flacco, that is your opinion, and I respect that because it really is a matter of preference at this point.

tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

To say Flacco was the main reason they won that game is def not accurate. I challenge you to watch that game again. Jacoby Jones should of been the MVP. His first TD catch was under thrown by Flacco and Jones got up and made it a TD run. Bolden saved Flacco on a ball that shoulda been thrown out of bounds or picked off by the CB. Flacco had about 2-3 balls tipped up that should have been INT's. Not to mention Jacoby Jones sealed the game with his kickoff return TD. Also Ed Reed's pick was very integral to a momentum change in the game.

Flacco played well no doubt. He didn't turn the ball over and he managed the game very well. But he def was not the main reason they won. That was an overall team effort if I have ever seen one. Falcons havent shown they can run on all cylinders with both the Offense and Defense in the same game. But back on the true topic... Joe has been Playoff clutch. Matt has not. Until Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

To say Flacco was the main reason they won that game is def not accurate. I challenge you to watch that game again. Jacoby Jones should of been the MVP. His first TD catch was under thrown by Flacco and Jones got up and made it a TD run. Bolden saved Flacco on a ball that shoulda been thrown out of bounds or picked off by the CB. Flacco had about 2-3 balls tipped up that should have been INT's. Not to mention Jacoby Jones sealed the game with his kickoff return TD. Also Ed Reed's pick was very integral to a momentum change in the game.

Flacco played well no doubt. He didn't turn the ball over and he managed the game very well. But he def was not the main reason they won. That was an overall team effort if I have ever seen one. Falcons havent shown they can run on all cylinders with both the Offense and Defense in the same game. But back on the true topic... Joe has been Playoff clutch. Matt has not. Until Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

I said Flacco was A main reason why not THE ..It takes a team to win a Super Bowl but Flacco was A main reason why they did. The TD throw to Jones in the Denver game in cold temps with limited time set them on their path.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: