Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flacco vs. Ryan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Flacco vs. Ryan Reply with quote

Whether you like it or not these two will always be compared to one another. Now that Flacco has won a superbowl and superbowl MVP does he move ahead of Ryan on the list of top tier QB's? Do you think that the Falcons made the better choice of choosing Ryan over Flacco? Or is Flacco still overrated to you??

Being as objective as you can Laughing

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco has always had a much better defense than Ryan has. Give Ryan the Ravens defense and the Falcons offense and Atlanta blows everyone out.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Flacco has always had a much better defense than Ryan has. Give Ryan the Ravens defense and the Falcons offense and Atlanta blows everyone out.

I agree, but you always hear the argument that Ryan has the best Offensive skill players in the league and can't win. People also love to argue that Flacco's weapons are not that good, yet he has a stellar playoff record and tho no INT streak.

I think Joe has always had a better Oline and Running attack than Ryan. Ray Rice is a better all around RB than Turner. Turner in his prime was always a one trick pony who could not catch the ball well. And Matt has always had a mediocre Oline as well.

Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I hate this debate here it is.

Matt is "better" than Flacco. Flacco has always had the better team. He was, however outstanding in the playoffs this season. But I do believe he's always kinda been carried by a good D and run game. In other words I believe if we were to have drafted Flacco in 08 instead of Matt, IMO, the Ravens would have been in more than just one Superbowl since.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is that most people are going to put Flacco ahead of Ryan because of the superbowl win. But I know who I would rather have QBing my team with the same exact supporting cast around him, and its Matt Ryan.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Matt didn't get injured late in the NFC CG or we got a call (PI on that 4th and 4) I think we'd be having this debate after Matt Ryan won a SB and SB MVP. JMO though. I'm still salty Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Falcons fans will be biased towards Ryan. All Ravens fans will be biased towards Flacco. The gap between those two seemed to be expanding in favor of Ryan during the regular season, but now that Flacco has won a SB, it is a toss up for objective fans IMO.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what anyone says. Maybe I'm a bit biased but I will take Ryan over Flacco anyday. Flacco is really good and will admit that he has a stronger arm than Ryan. But put Ryan on the Ravens and they might have won their 2nd super bowl last night. People are underrating Pitta and Smith, who really emerged this year. Both are big time threats as well as the usual in Boldin and Rice. Also Jones. That's my opinion. All I'm saying is give Ryan a defense like B'more's
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco played unbelievable this postseason. No denying that. But I don't buy for one second that a Super Bowl victory automatically makes him better than Ryan. Let's no forget that if it wasn't for a Broncos defensive meltdown, Flacco would've been sitting at home watching Ryan. Ryan, has IMO, been the better overall QB. Flacco has had more playoff success, but it's a team game.

BTW, that lack of weapons argument has to go. Rice is an awesome RB to have if you are a QB, Boldin can make big plays even when he's covered, and Smith is quite possibly the best deep ball threat in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Flacco played unbelievable this postseason. No denying that. But I don't buy for one second that a Super Bowl victory automatically makes him better than Ryan. Let's no forget that if it wasn't for a Broncos defensive meltdown, Flacco would've been sitting at home watching Ryan. Ryan, has IMO, been the better overall QB. Flacco has had more playoff success, but it's a team game.

BTW, that lack of weapons argument has to go. Rice is an awesome RB to have if you are a QB, Boldin can make big plays even when he's covered, and Smith is quite possibly the best deep ball threat in the NFL.

You reminded me of one thing I HATE about Joe Flacco. He has a bad case of "arm punts". Balls that look like he might as well have kicked it on deep passes. (See last TD against denver.)

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco has always been a tad worse than Ryan in my eyes. But this year, he had a defense ranked in the 20's, a OC change, and had to lead this team. With Cameron at OC he didn't have control, Caldwell puts him in control, he shines.. ALOT. Flacco proved to me he can win w/o a great defense (see putting up 38 points against the #4 defense. (Denver)

Flacco is like Eli. Always average in reg. Season, but he steps it up big time in big games. Which makes him elite, and Ryan not (yet), IMO.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Flacco has always been a tad worse than Ryan in my eyes. But this year, he had a defense ranked in the 20's, a OC change, and had to lead this team. With Cameron at OC he didn't have control, Caldwell puts him in control, he shines.. ALOT. Flacco proved to me he can win w/o a great defense (see putting up 38 points against the #4 defense. (Denver)

Flacco is like Eli. Always average in reg. Season, but he steps it up big time in big games. Which makes him elite, and Ryan not (yet), IMO.

Defense in the 20's? Their rush D was the only thing in the 20's. (It was 20th.) Falcons also had an OC change this season. Along with a much worse defense. Also the offense only put up 31 against Denver, D put up 7. As for the showing up in big games. Until this season, the Ravens have been winning in the playoffs despite Flacco's play.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Defense in the 20's? Their rush D was the only thing in the 20's. (It was 20th.) Falcons also had an OC change this season. Along with a much worse defense. Also the offense only put up 31 against Denver, D put up 7. As for the showing up in big games. Until this season, the Ravens have been winning in the playoffs despite Flacco's play.

Flacco's always stepped up in those big games though.

Regular season? I'll take Matt Ryan all day.

Playoffs? Gimme some Flacco
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Flacco's Defense was ranked 17th overall I believe. But don't act like his Defense was garbage. He still has 4 probowl standouts in Suggs, Reed, Lewis and Ngata. ANd that Defense stepped up when it mattered. They held Manning to 21, Luck to 13 and Brady under 21. That isn't to bad at all. The Falcons Defense blew leads in all their playoff games and the Offense had to put up almost 30 to win every time.

Flacco has def improved his all around clutch play. And he is a playoff standout because he doesnt turn the ball over. He is still a bit of a game manager, but he also has a better Oline and running game than Matt. That being said, he has a Dense that can get off the field when they need to. The Falcons don't have that kind of Defense.

And comparing Flacco to Eli???? No way, Eli can take a team and put them on his back. Flacco isn't that guy. You dont want the ball in Eli's hands with under 2:00 to go. Flacco is on that level just yet.

CJ4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Matty Ice more. He's one of the most clutch QBs I've ever seen, and I think he's going to get more and more relaxed with each time he gets to the playoffs. I think this next year is ours for the taking, especially if Tony G comes back.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: