Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII: Post Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
If we sign a free agent WR, I want Bowe

Bowe and Wallace are both going for big deals. I doubt we make a big splash in FA. We'll probably just grab a few value pick ups like we do every year.

Yeah I just read everyone else entertaining the idea of Wallace, or Welker. So if we do offer a big contract I want it for someone like Bowe. IMO we have quick shifty guys that can fill a slot role, I think we badly need a big bodied WR that we can win us a 1-on-1 matchup.....and quite possibly the Super Bowl Crying or Very sad

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
Niner_Finer23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to try and get a speedster in the draft.It would be nice to have someone compliment Crbatree.It would open our playbook allot more and would scare defenses more.

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone know what the deal was with Jenkins??? Did he suck or was he not ready yet? I mean we had Chad Hall in games over him. Any clarifications?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
So does anyone know what the deal was with Jenkins??? Did he suck or was he not ready yet? I mean we had Chad Hall in games over him. Any clarifications?

I think he just wasnt ready yet...Mario Manningham has almost identical stats in his rookie season. Same with Santana Moss, but it's without a doubt discouraging how little the coaching staff used him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I think he just wasnt ready yet...Mario Manningham has almost identical stats in his rookie season. Same with Santana Moss, but it's without a doubt discouraging how little the coaching staff used him.

yeah it was discouraging but it looks like he's off to a good start by saying that he will be working out with Kaep. WR might be the hardest transition from college to the pros. So I am not worry too much but if he fails to make some noise this year, I think it might be time to move on. If we can get a stat line of 50-60 catches, 600-700 yards and 5 or so tds then I would consider it a win for our time but we'll see what happens.

edit: I just hope he knows there's a lot of pressure going into the 2013 season on him. We may be without Mario manningham, Delanie Walker, and we really don't know the situation on Kyel Williams.
mddeckie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Anybody know if the Ravens fan that came into our forum right after the loss saying he was a troll and trolled the Broncos Pats and our forum got banned?

Please tell me he did.

not sure. He's been on my mind though Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

He has not been banned. Just found him posting in the "predict next years Super Bowl" thread. I honestly dont think Webby saw him post it but he deserves to go IMO. Admits to being a troll and says IDGAF.

mddeckie wrote:
With a healthy Webb and Suggs I can see the ravens D being slightly better next even if they lose Reed Williams and Kruger

Ravens vs Falcons

Ravens win back to back baby!

I'm still here don't worry Twisted Evil
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

I wonder the same thing. I actually thought he looked shaky, but promising in pre-season. Seemed a little lost, and dropped some. But seemed to always be wide open. The latter is something we need as I think our receivers, as a group, do not get open very easily. But the only pass I can recall being thrown to him late in the season got dropped. That wasn't a problem of his in college. So I'm hoping he's just had an awful time of learning the offense and maybe pressing a bit because of that.

Hard to think that we could have completely blown the call on a first round pick, especially since our staff was saying he was as good a receiver as their was in that class. I guess we'll have to wait till next year to find out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenkins just needs a smart WR coach.

Or a WR that is like a coach.

A guy that isn't actually cursed despite having some heart breaking losses on his resume.

#84 = $$ homies.

Lil Uno with the sig.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
Anybody know if the Ravens fan that came into our forum right after the loss saying he was a troll and trolled the Broncos Pats and our forum got banned?

Please tell me he did.

not sure. He's been on my mind though Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

He has not been banned. Just found him posting in the "predict next years Super Bowl" thread. I honestly dont think Webby saw him post it but he deserves to go IMO. Admits to being a troll and says IDGAF.

mddeckie wrote:
With a healthy Webb and Suggs I can see the ravens D being slightly better next even if they lose Reed Williams and Kruger

Ravens vs Falcons

dude comes back in here for that?
somebody want to pm webby???

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I wonder the same thing. I actually thought he looked shaky, but promising in pre-season. Seemed a little lost, and dropped some. But seemed to always be wide open. The latter is something we need as I think our receivers, as a group, do not get open very easily. But the only pass I can recall being thrown to him late in the season got dropped. That wasn't a problem of his in college. So I'm hoping he's just had an awful time of learning the offense and maybe pressing a bit because of that.

Hard to think that we could have completely blown the call on a first round pick, especially since our staff was saying he was as good a receiver as their was in that class. I guess we'll have to wait till next year to find out.

The only pass that was thrown his way, this season, that he dropped, I think the pass was low and he had to kinda go down for it, no? It's hard enough to catch Kap's lasers at times, when it's down at your feet, you kinda fear losing a leg. I would have had a Brandon Lloyd reflex and tried to dodge it. Wink

I'm not so worried about AJ. As you said, he seems to be a natural at getting open. He only played a handful of plays, and on each of these plays, I doubt he was the first or second read. His job now is to show up at mini-camps and OTAs and open some eyes, and force Jim to design plays where he's one of the first reads. As he starts making plays, he will be incorporated more and more into the gameplan. Crabtree wasn't always a #1 priority in our gameplans. But as he started converting 3rd down plays with crazy YAC, he slowly and gradually turned into a #1 WR. I, for one, will be patient with AJ. The few times I saw him play, he looked like a natural wide receiver. Body type and skill set reminded me of Victor Cruz. I'm not worried. He'll come around.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

The only pass that was thrown his way, this season, that he dropped, I think the pass was low and he had to kinda go down for it, no? It's hard enough to catch Kap's lasers at times, when it's down at your feet, you kinda fear losing a leg. I would have had a Brandon Lloyd reflex and tried to dodge it. Wink

I'm not so worried about AJ. As you said, he seems to be a natural at getting open. He only played a handful of plays, and on each of these plays, I doubt he was the first or second read. His job now is to show up at mini-camps and OTAs and open some eyes, and force Jim to design plays where he's one of the first reads. As he starts making plays, he will be incorporated more and more into the gameplan. Crabtree wasn't always a #1 priority in our gameplans. But as he started converting 3rd down plays with crazy YAC, he slowly and gradually turned into a #1 WR. I, for one, will be patient with AJ. The few times I saw him play, he looked like a natural wide receiver. Body type and skill set reminded me of Victor Cruz. I'm not worried. He'll come around.

I saw somewhere that one of the main reasons was that he was having a really difficult time getting off the line, and was easily getting man handled.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I saw somewhere that one of the main reasons was that he was having a really difficult time getting off the line, and was easily getting man handled.

That's possible. The kid looks like he weighs 160, even though he's in the 190 range. I'm sure he could go up to 205 and keep his quickness. There's no doubt Mark Uyeyama has a program for him. And I hope Crabtree has a program for him as well. Take him under his wing. Run routes together. A much improved AJ would be a perfect complement to Crabtree.

straighthate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Please tell me he did.

mddeckie wrote:

Ravens vs Falcons

dude comes back in here for that?
somebody want to pm webby???

Let him have his fun. They beat us. He's not hurting anyone. Karmas a [inappropriate/removed], so it'll come back on him, but we look like poor losers if we're tattling on the poor winners.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Body type and skill set reminded me of Victor Cruz. .

Funny, that was almost my first thought when I heard we drafted him Cruz had just got done lighting it up against that season and I was thinking that we were trying to get our own Cruz. If not being able to handle press coverage has been a problem he can work on his releases, and on his body. He's plenty quick, in a twitchy sort of way. So I imagine he can solve that problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Body type and skill set reminded me of Victor Cruz. .

Funny, that was almost my first thought when I heard we drafted him Cruz had just got done lighting it up against that season and I was thinking that we were trying to get our own Cruz. If not being able to handle press coverage has been a problem he can work on his releases, and on his body. He's plenty quick, in a twitchy sort of way. So I imagine he can solve that problem.

I think AJ should work with Ed Donatell. Who better than the premier DB coach in the NFL to teach AJ how to beat DBs. Just have AJ go against Carlos Rogers for an hour a day, five days a week, under coach supervision.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: