Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD War Room 2.0 - The War Room Strikes Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ziggy Ansah or Star Lotuleielielieleielei?
Ansah
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
Lotuleilei
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 36

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see we are signing a NT who is only 280 pounds..

Are there any NTs in the NFL at 280? I don't see any under 300....

PIT. Hampton is 325 and Ta'amu is 348
BAL. kemoeatu is 364 Cody is 349 and
ARI. Williams 327 and carter 300
SD. Thomas 335 and Gary 320
DAL. Ratliff 303 and Brent 320
GB. Raji 337 Pickett 338 miller 309
NYJ. Po'uha 325 Ellis 346 Harrison 350
HOU. Cody 307 Mitchell 300 McClain 300
KC. Poe 350 Toribio 315 Powe 335
SF. Sopoaga 330 Williams 305
WAS. Coifed 318 Baker 333

So, how do you guys see mclendon fitting in our DL?

Rucker, 280
Winn, 295
Hughes, 320
Taylor, 335
Rubin, 330
kitchen, 330
Sanford, 280

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
No on mclendon

Yes on Levitre - with in reason.

The LBC wrote:
@AndHisAwesomeMustache wrote:
Rumors swirling around free agent and former Buffalo guard Andy Levitre suggest that he's not an unreasonable man and not looking for the staggering Top 3 yearly average of recent free agent guards Nicks, Evans, and Mankins. However, he's not looking terribly far below that either, eyeing to displace the current #4 earner in the league at guard for 2013.

Good scouting work.

So he'd be looking to replace Davin Joseph? Davin Joseph's deal was 7 years and 52.5M. So, since 5 years is the limit of FA contracts in FFMD, replacing that with 5 year numbers and giving a slight bump would come out to...

5 years, 38-40M, average annual value of 7.6-8M.

Do we want to blow 8M in cap space on Levitre? Is he worth it? Is the upgrade of Levitre over Greco/Pinkston/Lauvao worth the 7M difference in salary?

He is easily worth that IMO.

So, you think a Guard is worth $7-8M/year, but a NT is not worth $1-2M/Yr?

That's a rather silly comment. I don't believe believes that mclendon is equal to Levitre, or that a back up NT who has been cut/ waived/ released multiple times is equal to the one of the top OGs in the league. Laughing

valuing a guard at 8M a year is silly.

not valuing the NT position, even a backup, is silly.

McLendon has been cut, b/c he was a UDFA. You keep bringing this up, but fail to realize he's the favorite to start next year and was the primary backup this past year. He's one reason that releasing Talamdu(SP?) wasn't a big deal.

I fully agree with MBTL about the G position. Its a dumb position to waste a ton of money on.

Thomas+Mclendon at ~$4M/year >>> Levitrie at $8M/yr.

Devaluing a starter in favor of a backup is a dumb position.

Wasting money on a 27 year old, career backup, when we have a better prospect for a backup already on the team is a dumb position.

.... And people said the same about steinbach.... Just because they don't score you fantasy points or look good on your madden game doesn't mean they aren't valuable to the success of the team - that is why the best make what they do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Did some digging. Pitt fans and announcers have scoffed at his 280 listing. Most of them (fans AND media) think he's more like 325. Thus, why rotoworld has him listed as such.

Even if he's closer to 300, he's 6'4 and I wouldn't mind at all throwing him in the rotation at DE. I think signing McLendon...

A. Hurts the Steelers.

B. Gives us another flexible, young D-lineman who has enough experience in the 3-4 to help our transition.

C. Gives us plenty of D-line depth, meaning that unless someone falls to us we LOVE, we have no need to go after one in the draft.

D. Did I mention this hurts the Steelers? I front loaded the contract so it's gonna cost them to match. If he accepts, we could conceivably use a restructure to make the contract more even if need be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Devaluing a starter in favor of a backup is a dumb position.

Wasting money on a 27 year old, career backup, when we have a better prospect for a backup already on the team is a dumb position.

.... And people said the same about steinbach.... Just because they don't score you fantasy points or look good on your madden game doesn't mean they aren't valuable to the success of the team - that is why the best make what they do.

1. Part of the reason that I like the idea of going after Thomas instead of Levitre is because I think that between Greco, Pinkston, and Lauvao (plus Thomas) we're going to have very solid guard play. Basically, while Levitre would be a starter, I don't know how big of an upgrade he really is (assuming we get Thomas)

2. I do not believe Kitchen is a superior potential NT than McLendon. I trust Pittsburgh's talent evaluation and they are counting on him (IRL) as their starter next year. To me, that means he has a lot of confidence from some very, very good personnel folks.

3. Considering we're discussing OG vs. NT, I highly doubt the "sexiness" of the position has anything to do with people's positions hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Did some digging. Pitt fans and announcers have scoffed at his 280 listing. Most of them (fans AND media) think he's more like 325. Thus, why rotoworld has him listed as such.

Even if he's closer to 300, he's 6'4 and I wouldn't mind at all throwing him in the rotation at DE. I think signing McLendon...

A. Hurts the Steelers.

B. Gives us another flexible, young D-lineman who has enough experience in the 3-4 to help our transition.

C. Gives us plenty of D-line depth, meaning that unless someone falls to us we LOVE, we have no need to go after one in the draft.

D. Did I mention this hurts the Steelers? I front loaded the contract so it's gonna cost them to match. If he accepts, we could conceivably use a restructure to make the contract more even if need be.

All it does is give us one guy with 34 experience who will be a back up here anyways. If I'm going to vote to waste money it will be on a starting quality player.... But. Your choice, I'm out voted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else are we looking to throw money at? Guard is one of those positions where I don't want to sink 7-8M for one guy. But if we're not targeting any other big name, expensive guys then why not?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Who else are we looking to throw money at? Guard is one of those positions where I don't want to sink 7-8M for one guy. But if we're not targeting any other big name, expensive guys then why not?

We have a entire lists of players a different positions we are all looking at. We are not looking at signing one player, but rather a group of players to fill as many needs as possible. That adds up fast.

The move for mclendon, in my eyes, looks more like a move made out of boredom and impatience, than making the team better. NT may be the deepest position on the entire team. Throwing additional money there is a waste. If you want to address the line and bring in 34 talent we should be concentrating on DE to replace Rucker. - which could then cut and recoup those resources.

Agree to disagree....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:

The plan is to go after at least one person at CB, OLB, TE, #3RB, WR, OG/OT, backup QB, and FS (even if the class there is really week now). CB and OLB especially are going to be expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, Panthers just released Chris Gamble! Thoughts?

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:

Hes a little older than our current FA targets at CB, if we can get him cheap I'd say do it
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

Hes a little older than our current FA targets at CB, if we can get him cheap I'd say do it

Would he be a possibility at FS?

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
zelbell wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

Would he be a possibility at FS?

That could be a possibility, didn't think of that
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I have some work I could use help with.

I need to find some contract comparisons for guys we might go after in FA.

The current Talent Agency guys we're looking at are...

OG - Andy Levitre

WR - Dwayne Bowe

WR - Greg Jennings

OLB - James Harrison

CB - Brent Grimes

CB - Sean Smith (apparently he rejected the extension offer)

TE - Heath Miller

That's it for the TA guys. As people get moved from the shark tank to the TA we can find comparisons then.

Please PM me any comparisons you can think of, that will help me figure out our price range as well as prevent other teams from one upping us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a little late to the McLendon discussion, but his best fit may be as a DE. Pittsburgh is somewhat struggling (in real life) as to where to play McLendon, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a decent contingent in the Steeler forum that think he should play DE. Based on his build, his skillset, and ability to penetrate, I personally would play him at DE.

I'm indifferent as to the size of the contract he gets, but I wouldn't go any higher than the numbers that have been thrown out.

As far as a FA guard, I definitely would not go for one of the expensive big names. It would be great to upgrade at guard, but we need to save our money for more glaring needs. We have basically no viable starters (or not enough viable starters) at TE, P, CB, FS, and OLB. Spending big money on a guard would be irresponsible imo.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys-

Phones been broke, works been hell so sorry I haven't been around.

Can someone fill me in quick with where we stand?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 23 of 100

Jump to: