Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Foles' future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.

If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.

The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.

Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.

Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not going to count out other buyers for Foles.. if we could trade him for a mid round pick and trade back with Geno for another mid round pick and we could add some serious depth to this team.. that would beepic.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all getting Jedi Reided, isn't it obvious the Chiefs "making noise" regarding Smith would indirectly give them leverage with Foles too?

It prompts a reaction from the Eagles, and if they don't do anything then they wren't serious about trading Foles, but if they feel Foles has no place to be here they could potentially lower the asking price to the Chiefs. Unless Howie calls their bluff and is right about it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided

its addiction ok.. Crying or Very sad

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided

its addiction ok.. Crying or Very sad

Forrreal you can't blame us..
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen a whole lot of tape, but from what I did see he moves pretty well in the pocket, I mean slides, keeps his eyes downfield, eludes pressure.

I definitely wouldn't say #4 but if we're able to trade back to #15-20...sure.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I haven't seen a whole lot of tape, but from what I did see he moves pretty well in the pocket, I mean slides, keeps his eyes downfield, eludes pressure.

I definitely wouldn't say #4 but if we're able to trade back to #15-20...sure.

He has good pocket presence but his footwork is poor. He is far from a good athlete. He is just athletic enough to play the position at the college level.
The clown above is eluding to him having good athletic ability based on his 40 time in shorts being comparable to Cams. That's just out in left field.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Geno Smith is a runner thing again?

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Rolling Eyes PLEASE. Geno as athletic as Cam? That is LAUGHABLE. Look at the size Cam has, now look at Geno. Cam running the same speed as Geno makes him like 100000000 times more athletic then Geno simply because he is so much bigger. Geno isn't a runner, he said it himself. His game is built for the pocket, his 40 speed is pretty much pointless IMO.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided, isn't it obvious the Chiefs "making noise" regarding Smith would indirectly give them leverage with Foles too?

It prompts a reaction from the Eagles, and if they don't do anything then they wren't serious about trading Foles, but if they feel Foles has no place to be here they could potentially lower the asking price to the Chiefs. Unless Howie calls their bluff and is right about it.

Reid can't gain leverage in this situation. Keeping Foles doesn't hurt us in anyway.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

Reid can't gain leverage in this situation. Keeping Foles doesn't hurt us in anyway.

How do you figure?
Under the stipulation that the Eagles don't consider Foles as a viable option for the future, he's basically just on the roster for nothing.
Quote:
but if they feel Foles has no place to be here

Which means if Reid's Chiefs is the only team interested in trading for Foles, we miss out on a potential return for a dud on the roster.

Sure, keeping Foles doesn't hurt us. But if he's not in serious contention for the quarterback spot, then we lose out on potential compensation. We don't have to be hurt in this situation to give up leverage, as long as we are denied any gains.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like Chip and Howie had no interest in ever trading Foles.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Looked like Chip and Howie had no interest in ever trading Foles.
Or they were asking for too much. That's a distinct possibility.

Plus there's this posted today:

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN
Quote:
Something worth wondering: Did Eagles balk at similar proposal for Foles? Howie's known for assigning high value to QBs in trades.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane
Quote:
Spoke to a few executives in Indy that said there wasn't much of a market for Nick Foles
Quote:
Just don't think there would be much interest for another team to bring Foles in as a starter. In that case, compensation would be minimal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: