Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Foles' future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not going to count out other buyers for Foles.. if we could trade him for a mid round pick and trade back with Geno for another mid round pick and we could add some serious depth to this team.. that would beepic.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49678
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all getting Jedi Reided, isn't it obvious the Chiefs "making noise" regarding Smith would indirectly give them leverage with Foles too?

It prompts a reaction from the Eagles, and if they don't do anything then they wren't serious about trading Foles, but if they feel Foles has no place to be here they could potentially lower the asking price to the Chiefs. Unless Howie calls their bluff and is right about it.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided


its addiction ok.. Crying or Very sad
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10014
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided


its addiction ok.. Crying or Very sad


Forrreal you can't blame us..
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8416
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes


I haven't seen a whole lot of tape, but from what I did see he moves pretty well in the pocket, I mean slides, keeps his eyes downfield, eludes pressure.

I definitely wouldn't say #4 but if we're able to trade back to #15-20...sure.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes


I haven't seen a whole lot of tape, but from what I did see he moves pretty well in the pocket, I mean slides, keeps his eyes downfield, eludes pressure.

I definitely wouldn't say #4 but if we're able to trade back to #15-20...sure.

He has good pocket presence but his footwork is poor. He is far from a good athlete. He is just athletic enough to play the position at the college level.
The clown above is eluding to him having good athletic ability based on his 40 time in shorts being comparable to Cams. That's just out in left field.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43685
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Geno Smith is a runner thing again?
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5812
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Cheifs are getting smith, might ensure we keep Foles.


If he is here I expect him to win the QB job.



The only downside is, No Geno for Chiefs. Therefore he may be here if Chip likes him enough.


Geno turned out to be far more athletic than I thought he was. His timed speed is the same as Cam Newton. So maybe that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he fell to you all. Besides you could always trade back.

Also, the Chiefs could take Alex Smith and let Geno have a year to learn from the bench

Because the guy runs in a straight line, (in shorts), as fast as Cam, doesn't make him athletic by any means. Look no further then his game tape to see just how athletic the guy is. Rolling Eyes


Rolling Eyes PLEASE. Geno as athletic as Cam? That is LAUGHABLE. Look at the size Cam has, now look at Geno. Cam running the same speed as Geno makes him like 100000000 times more athletic then Geno simply because he is so much bigger. Geno isn't a runner, he said it himself. His game is built for the pocket, his 40 speed is pretty much pointless IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34207
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided, isn't it obvious the Chiefs "making noise" regarding Smith would indirectly give them leverage with Foles too?

It prompts a reaction from the Eagles, and if they don't do anything then they wren't serious about trading Foles, but if they feel Foles has no place to be here they could potentially lower the asking price to the Chiefs. Unless Howie calls their bluff and is right about it.


Reid can't gain leverage in this situation. Keeping Foles doesn't hurt us in anyway.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49678
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:
You guys are all getting Jedi Reided, isn't it obvious the Chiefs "making noise" regarding Smith would indirectly give them leverage with Foles too?

It prompts a reaction from the Eagles, and if they don't do anything then they wren't serious about trading Foles, but if they feel Foles has no place to be here they could potentially lower the asking price to the Chiefs. Unless Howie calls their bluff and is right about it.


Reid can't gain leverage in this situation. Keeping Foles doesn't hurt us in anyway.


How do you figure?
Under the stipulation that the Eagles don't consider Foles as a viable option for the future, he's basically just on the roster for nothing.
Quote:
but if they feel Foles has no place to be here

Which means if Reid's Chiefs is the only team interested in trading for Foles, we miss out on a potential return for a dud on the roster.

Sure, keeping Foles doesn't hurt us. But if he's not in serious contention for the quarterback spot, then we lose out on potential compensation. We don't have to be hurt in this situation to give up leverage, as long as we are denied any gains.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34207
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like Chip and Howie had no interest in ever trading Foles.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Looked like Chip and Howie had no interest in ever trading Foles.
Or they were asking for too much. That's a distinct possibility.



Plus there's this posted today:

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN
Quote:
Something worth wondering: Did Eagles balk at similar proposal for Foles? Howie's known for assigning high value to QBs in trades.


https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane
Quote:
Spoke to a few executives in Indy that said there wasn't much of a market for Nick Foles
Quote:
Just don't think there would be much interest for another team to bring Foles in as a starter. In that case, compensation would be minimal.

_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group