Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Foles' future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Just admit you don't want to spend another christmas present on an Eagles Jersey.

I think he adequately professed his love for Nick by getting a Foles jersey in the first place.
Actions speak louder than words.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Just admit you don't want to spend another christmas present on an Eagles Jersey.

I think he adequately professed his love for Nick by getting a Foles jersey in the first place.
Actions speak louder than words.

You guys are sharp as nails

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get a third or better, thando it. Otherwise keep him for now. Then I say we get Seneca Wallace or better yet David Garrard. This gives us two mobile vets and a former Duck who fit Chip's offense.

Then with all our early picks and maybe a free agent or two we build a foundation. Then maybe we can draft a project fourth round and on at QB to compete, and if none of the four options work we will have an earlier pick and a better team for next year's guy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
If we can get a third or better, thando it. Otherwise keep him for now. Then I say we get Seneca Wallace or better yet David Garrard. This gives us two mobile vets and a former Duck who fit Chip's offense.

Then with all our early picks and maybe a free agent or two we build a foundation. Then maybe we can draft a project fourth round and on at QB to compete, and if none of the four options work we will have an earlier pick and a better team for next year's guy.

When the organization starts drafting the same position in back to back to back years, other positions get overlooked. If they decide to go with any combination of QBs that doesn't include Foles, I still wouldn't draft one this year.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all accounts it doesn't seem like the Eagles are willing to consider parting ways with Nick Foles

Unless Andy Reid was willing to send the 33rd overall pick in the draft, then the Eagles would be insane not to jump on that

But I'm thinking the Chiefs won't make that offer.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
By all accounts it doesn't seem like the Eagles are willing to consider parting ways with Nick Foles

Unless Andy Reid was willing to send the 33rd overall pick in the draft, then the Eagles would be insane not to jump on that

But I'm thinking the Chiefs won't make that offer.

I agree. Without that kind of value it makes no sense to trade Nick regardless of what people "assume" Chip will do in the NFL with his offense. If Michelle Shannahan can make Kirk Cousins look adequate/dominate running a variation of the offense RGIII ran all season before he was injured. Surely Chip Kelly is innovative enough to do the same around Foles either as a injury replacement or full time starter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Can't go wrong with classics such as a 92, 99, 20 or 36.

I have a kelly green 12 Wink
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is Foles? haven't seen a lot of him. would he be a better option for KC than Alex Smith?
bkb77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think theres a shot that all this Foles trade talk is just a smoke screen to potential boost Vick's market value to trade him?

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
How good is Foles? haven't seen a lot of him. would he be a better option for KC than Alex Smith?

Next year? Probably not

Long term? He has much more upside

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Anyone else think theres a shot that all this Foles trade talk is just a smoke screen to potential boost Vick's market value to trade him?

Yes!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Next year? Probably not

Disagree wholeheartedly. Alex Smith might be the most overhyped QB I've seen in years. People continue to act like he is some stud when he's not. IMO it would be the complete opposite because unlike Smith there would not be a learning curve for Foles. Nick would instantly step in and run Andy Reids offense day one of mini.camps/OTA. Not every WCO has the same terminology, schemes and formations. I'd easily take Foles in KC over Smith any day of the week. Now if you are talking about both players playing for another club altogether you would be 100% correct. Just not with KC.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Next year? Probably not

Disagree wholeheartedly. Alex Smith might be the most overhyped QB I've seen in years. People continue to act like he is some stud when he's not. IMO it would be the complete opposite because unlike Smith there would not be a learning curve for Foles. Nick would instantly step in and run Andy Reids offense day one of mini.camps/OTA. Not every WCO has the same terminology, schemes and formations. I'd easily take Foles in KC over Smith any day of the week. Now if you are talking about both players playing for another club altogether you would be 100% correct. Just not with KC.

Ha....I agree...why did I write that?

I wasn't thinking that part of it, was thinking about what Foles needs to work on and that they would be close to the same level with that next year most likely.

Shut up Nabbsy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Next year? Probably not

I wasn't thinking that part of it, was thinking about what Foles needs to work on and that they would be close to the same level with that next year most likely.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Next year? Probably not

Laughing

In my defense I opened it up to write it then before I did I let the dog in and got another beer....had to take time for something that profound haha Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: