Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
By the way, did anyone notice that Ravens player shoving a ref? You know, the same infraction that got Harrison Smith ejected?

SB rules I guess.

Smith grabbed the ref, he didnt shove him like Cary Williams did. Williams was going for a 49er player I assume but a ref took it. Perhaps since it was the super bowl they let it go?

Contact with an official, except for incidental, is an automatic ejection under NFL rules. Or, at least it's suppose to be. But the Super Bowl crew was also the crew that let Newton get away with shoving an official.

And I think both Williams' and Newton's action warranted an ejection more so than Smith.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
By the way, did anyone notice that Ravens player shoving a ref? You know, the same infraction that got Harrison Smith ejected?

SB rules I guess.

Smith grabbed the ref, he didnt shove him like Cary Williams did. Williams was going for a 49er player I assume but a ref took it. Perhaps since it was the super bowl they let it go?

Contact with an official, except for incidental, is an automatic ejection under NFL rules. Or, at least it's suppose to be. But the Super Bowl crew was also the crew that let Newton get away with shoving an official.

And I think both Williams' and Newton's action warranted an ejection more so than Smith.

It's one of the calls I least understand. Judgement calls can go either way, that's a given. But this isn't a judgement call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu4cu10-rhk
Here's a clip of the incident.

@00:30 gets up, pushes the ref out of the way (quite forcefully) to get to the 49er.

I saw the Harrison Smith push live, and my first reaction was ''he's going to get ejected''. I saw the Cary Williams push live, and I had the same reaction. There was no way that wasn't going to get flagged.

To my amazement, nothing happened.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From one replay angle it looked like Williams punched a 49er right before that too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: