Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was a very forgettable game, the main thing that I'll remember is Cary Williams shoving an official and staying in the game and the 34 minute delay. The comeback was fun, but nothing really stood out to me as all that great or memorable besides those two things, so I won't remember the game like I remember Santonio Holmes tapping his toes to beat Arizona or Eli Manning escaping pressure and Tyree catching it against his helmet. The whole thing was nothing special I thought.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lousy commercials this year too.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap isn't an NFL QB

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Kap isn't an NFL QB

Oh yes he is. He made some big time throws over the middle of the field. He has the arm and has scary athleticism. No doubt Kaep has a ways to go, but the sky is the limit for him. Maybe I am just a big Kaep fan but I think he will be a top 10 QB quite easily.

Its only his second year and he has not even had a full year as as starter. I think the 49ers need to eventually get away from the option stuff, but its an easier offense to run with a young QB. I think Kaep will be the second best QB from the 2011 draft behind Newton.
twslhs20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Kap isn't an NFL QB

Oh yes he is. He made some big time throws over the middle of the field. He has the arm and has scary athleticism. No doubt Kaep has a ways to go, but the sky is the limit for him. Maybe I am just a big Kaep fan but I think he will be a top 10 QB quite easily.

Its only his second year and he has not even had a full year as as starter. I think the 49ers need to eventually get away from the option stuff, but its an easier offense to run with a young QB. I think Kaep will be the second best QB from the 2011 draft behind Newton.

They will figure that offense out. His delivery is shoddy at best. I like the guy, but hes like a better Tebow

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Kap isn't an NFL QB

They will figure that offense out. His delivery is shoddy at best. I like the guy, but hes like a better Tebow

He has an odd delivery, but so does Philip Rivers. The delivery doesnt matter for Rivers or Kaep though, they get the ball out fast with a ton of velocity. He has shown so much more than Tebow ever has as a passer. Kaep's passes dont flutter like Tebow's do. He throws a tight spiral that moves down field in a hurry. Usually delivery is an issue in terms of delayed releases leading to misplaced throws but Kaep largely seemed on the money all night. There were some drops by 49er receivers, especially the big ones to Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree down field.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it could be us in a year or two. That's my common thought when I see the Super Bowl, it reminds me how badly I want to see the Vikings finally get there.
twslhs20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Kap isn't an NFL QB

He has an odd delivery, but so does Philip Rivers. The delivery doesnt matter for Rivers or Kaep though, they get the ball out fast with a ton of velocity. He has shown so much more than Tebow ever has as a passer.

Agreed.

However Tebow "lead" the Broncos to a playoff win. Tebow was an unknown when he did it.

Kap is an unknown. He was inconsistent in the regular season at best. He is notorious for Delay of game penalties. Some of this should go away with time. However, as his body of work builds, he won't be able to rely on his running ability.

RGIII probably cost the Skins by running so much and getting hut. Though he single-handedly got them there. Kap has a great D for him to lean on and they got shredded.

Kap has a lot of work to do

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
lousy commercials this year too.

I totally agree . . . except for the commercials about veterans and the Paul Harvey commercial paying respect to farmers.

Go Daddy was THEE major bust . . . what the hell happened there? . .. lol.

Ok . . . I did chuckle at a couple of them . . . but certainly not like in recent years . . .
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapernick is a stud. He made a couple mental mistakes today but he's so gifted. I don't know how you can question whether he's an NFL qb. He's a top 10 NFL qb right now.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Kapernick is a stud. He made a couple mental mistakes today but he's so gifted. I don't know how you can question whether he's an NFL qb. He's a top 10 NFL qb right now.

Oh come on, you are just reaching a bit, he is not top 10, that is nuts dude
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not nuts at all. He carried the team in the playoffs. The vaunted 49er defense gave up nearly 30 ppg in the playoffs,yet they were 5 yards away from the championship.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this for a stat...

49ers came into Sunday as only franchise undefeated in multiple Super Bowls (were 5-0). Ravens left Sunday with same honor (2-0).
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are definitely better than Kaepernick:

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Flacco
Manning
Manning
Roethlisberger
Ryan

These guys are definitely worse than Kaepernick

Vick
Weeden
Sanchez
Fitzpatrick
Ponder
Tannehill
Bradford
Cassell
Kolb
Freeman
Dalton
Palmer
Gabbert
Locker

I think Kaepernick is in the glut of QBs with
Cutler
Stafford
Luck
Wilson
Griffin III
Romo
Newton
Schaub
Rivers
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked quite a few commercials this year.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: