Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Two things I noticed offensively that both teams have and Green Bay doesn't have - at least 1 outstanding RB and 2 TE's that can catch the ball and block. Might be food for thought this off season.

Pitta really isn't much of a blocker. Walker for that matter as well.
Plus Walker a a ton of drops, 7 to be exact, for a second TE on the depth chart.

Kempes on the custom sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Two things I noticed offensively that both teams have and Green Bay doesn't have - at least 1 outstanding RB and 2 TE's that can catch the ball and block. Might be food for thought this off season.

Plus Walker a a ton of drops, 7 to be exact, for a second TE on the depth chart.
PFF has Walker down for 9 drops on 37 targets for a drop.rate of 30%, next closest is Aaron Hernandez with 16% and Jimmy Graham with 15% Shocked

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

PFF has Walker down for 9 drops on 37 targets for a drop.rate of 30%, next closest is Aaron Hernandez with 16% and Jimmy Graham with 15% Shocked

Asside from the fact Walker has had a lot of drops this year, teams still have to scheme to stop him and he obiously gets open but just can't consistently catch the ball. Finley has plenty of drops too but my observation is both those teams have 2 TE's that are pass catching threats and outstanding RB's. Maybe Quarless can come back and be that additional TE receiving threat and I assume the Packers will be looking for that "other guy". A true #1 RB can only help Aaron Rodgers and brings an additional threat to opposing defenses, so I see that as perhpas the Packers biggest need offensively. I liked what Harris did at the end of the year but he is still a journeyman RB with some talent and hardly a guy the Packers can count as as being a #1 RB. Can you imagine the Packers with a RB with the talent of a Ray Rice or Frank Gore.
persiandud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Ravens, they were the better team yesterday.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a lot of 49er's are bitter about being beat at their own game and getting physically outplayed. Got a say it feels kinda good to see them upset about no calls when that's how their opponents felt all year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Seems a lot of 49er's are bitter about being beat at their own game and getting physically outplayed. Got a say it feels kinda good to see them upset about no calls when that's how their opponents felt all year.

Come on dude...bitter much? We got trounced by them. They were the best football team in the NFL last year.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:

Come on dude...bitter much? We got trounced by them. They were the best football team in the NFL last year.
If the Packers got trounced, the 49er's were whipped by the Ravens.

So they were the best team... until they weren't? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy Baltimore won because I don't want a pistol scrambling gimmick to win the championship. I'm not ready for change, keep pocket qbs with a threat of scrambling.

I'm also bitter because I think we could've hung with baltimore, maybe even win Smile
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to think the Harbaugh parents were rooting for Jim.

They were rooting for Jim because now that his team lost they have to hear him whine and complain and throw dinner rolls at every family gathering for a brand new reason.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
I have to think the Harbaugh parents were rooting for Jim.

They were rooting for Jim because now that his team lost they have to hear him whine and complain and throw dinner rolls at every family gathering for a brand new reason.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I peed

XBL: ShiiNyIV
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
persiandud wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:

If the Packers got trounced, the 49er's were whipped by the Ravens.

So they were the best team... until they weren't? Confused

Whipped? They lost by 3.

Are you aware with how football is played? I said above that the Ravens were the better team last Sunday, but are you really trying to tell me they are a better team than the Niners?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: