Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Randy Moss 2x Super Bowl loser.

Feels good man!

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Imagine you're Aaron Rodgers right now watching JOE FLACCO receive the Super Bowl MVP.

Man..

Flacco did play well this entire post season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer70 wrote:
Didn't really care but it's nice to see John win over Jim. Jim just doesn't seem very likable

I've been watching the post game interviews and John seems like a real good guy so I'm glad for him. Jim to me is a tool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
If only the Packers played CK7 like Baltimore did tonight. If they do the read-option, hit the damn QB.

The Ravens did leave a lot of the field open for Kaep to run wild in the second half tho. I guess one of their top D linemen was out of the game then. Happily none of the QBs in our division play like that. But we and other teams are going to have to figure out how to contain a guy like that next season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUOH wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Imagine you're Aaron Rodgers right now watching JOE FLACCO receive the Super Bowl MVP.

Man..

Thanks for saying it. I could not agree more. The packers were better than this ravens team this year, despite the injuries. Bulaga, sherrod, and most importantly Perrys return will be huge.

Ravens had a better running game, better deep threats, were better on the offensive line, and had a better front seven on defense.

Rodgers high level of play hides a lot problems. Not sure that just getting healthy will be enough to get Green Bay back into the Super Bowl.

Do you think the Ravens have a better WR corps?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUOH wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Man..

Thanks for saying it. I could not agree more. The packers were better than this ravens team this year, despite the injuries. Bulaga, sherrod, and most importantly Perrys return will be huge.

Ravens had a better running game, better deep threats, were better on the offensive line, and had a better front seven on defense.

Rodgers high level of play hides a lot problems. Not sure that just getting healthy will be enough to get Green Bay back into the Super Bowl.

Better deep threats? Can't agree with that one. As for the offensive line, when we get Bulaga and Sherrod back, that won't be the case. And for the front seven, when we get Bishop and Perry back, our front 7 will be just fine.
MUOH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MUOH wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Man..

Do you think the Ravens have a better WR corps?

Not an issue of them being better or worse. The Ravens are different in that Smith and Jones can consistently take the top off of a defense in a way that the Green Bay receivers can't.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I'm the only guy that like Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, and Mike Vick, huh?

What does this say about you?

You're a bad person.

You need to start hanging out with a better crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Harbaugh whining at his presser about the refs. Set an example, you dolt. Man, I hate this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I'm the only guy that like Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, and Mike Vick, huh?

Yup. I'm thinking worldwide too.

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I predicted Jim would bully the refs into giving him the game. He tried, seems like it backfired. Happy to see John check "win sibling rivalry" off his bucket list though, he deserved it.
MUOH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:
MUOH wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Man..

Better deep threats? Can't agree with that one. As for the offensive line, when we get Bulaga and Sherrod back, that won't be the case. And for the front seven, when we get Bishop and Perry back, our front 7 will be just fine.

Torrey Smith is among the best deep treats in the league and Jacoby Jones is right there with him. Packers really don't have a WR that can be classified as pure burner. Great functional speed combined with solid route running and great QB play make the Packer WRs what they are.

Sherrod is just a maybe at this point given that we no idea what he is let alone if he is healthy enough to play. Admittedly you will not see Birk and Mckinnine play at this high of a level again but they were better down the stretch than the Packers and with the exception of few blown assignments they played a solid game against the 49ers.

Ravens defense is better up front than Green Bay with or without Perry and/or Bishop and Haloti Ngata is the primary reason for that. Raji is a nice player but Ngata is in a different league. It was no mistake that the 49ers offense really took off when he left the game.

Rodgers makes the Packers an extremely competitive team and if the back end of the defense is generating turnovers they are extremely difficult to beat. However, the limited ability/commitment to running the ball and soft offensive line play makes the Packer susceptible to intense pressure on Rodgers. If the pressure is getting to Rodgers the Packers really do not have enough defensive talent to mask the holes of no proven pass rushers outside of Matthews and enough size up front and size/speed at LB to neutralize the run on a consistent basis.

Ravens were not great team but they had fewer holes than Green Bay did and were able to perform just good enough to win when the games mattered the most.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Randy Moss 2x Super Bowl loser.

Feels good man!
I'd rather see Rae Carruth get a ring before Moss.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I noticed offensively that both teams have and Green Bay doesn't have - at least 1 outstanding RB and 2 TE's that can catch the ball and block. Might be food for thought this off season.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Two things I noticed offensively that both teams have and Green Bay doesn't have - at least 1 outstanding RB and 2 TE's that can catch the ball and block. Might be food for thought this off season.

Pitta really isn't much of a blocker. Walker for that matter as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: