Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4789's Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redskins4789

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: 4789's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Re-signings
Kory L-solid LG
Tanard Jackson-he is a huge upgrade over anything we have right now
Fred Davis-1 year prove it contract
Kedric Gholston-solid depth
Lorenzo Alexander-great special teamer great depth
Rob Jackson-him Kerrigan and Rak will destroy QBs next season
Tyler Polumbus-IDK about him starting but he is good depth
Chris Baker-great depth only true NT on the team
Sexy Rexy-give him one more year with RG3s knee issue

Cuts
Deangelo Hall-I believe we can find a better replacement
Jammal Brown-dude just cant get healhty
Santana Moss-as much as I love the guy he is a victim of the cap penalty

Free Agency
Chris Houston-We pry him away from the Lions he is a solid CB

Pat Mcafee-we really need a punter who can do kickoffs Mcafee should be one of our top FA priorities field postition is very important.

Draft

Round 2-Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State

Thomas is IMO the best FS prospect in the draftt and I beleive he will be avaible at our pick. Thomas has great range and cover skills. He would definetly help us stop giving up huge plays. Huge upgrade over Madieu.

Round 3-Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenesse Tech

Rogers has character concerns but there is no denying his talent with Moss gone this gives Rogers the opportunity to come in and sit and develope for a little behind our solid vets. Reminds me alot of Mike Williams coming out of Syracuse.

Round 4-Justin Pugh RT Syracuse

Pugh is a soild prospect that fits what we do with the ZBS he Compton and Polumbus will battle it out for the RT position in training camp.

Round 5-Andrew Jackson ILB WKU

Jackson is a thumper and would bring much needed physicality to our ILBs and will take over for Flech after next year.

Round 5-Tyran Mathieu CB

Mathieu may not be the best cover corner in the world but he has a rare ballhawk skills and at the very least he is a great returner.

Round 6-Cooper Taylor SS Richmond

Huge Safety 6-5 235 who dominated at Richmond great sleeper prospect with alot of potential.

Round 7-Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

Talented runningback who is a good receiving threat as well.

2013 Roster
QB-Griffin/Cousins/Grossman
RB-Morris/Helu/Johnson
FB-Young
WR-Garcon/Hankerson/Morgan/Robinson/Rogers
TE-Davis/Paulsen/Paul
LT-Williams/Compton
LG-Litch/Lerib
C-Monty/Lerib
RG-Chester/Hurt
RT-Pugh/Polumbus

DE-Carriker/Jenkins
NT-Coefield/Baker
DE-Bowen/Gholston
LOLB-Kerrigan/Jackson
ILB-Flech/Jackson
ILB-Riley/Robinson
ROLB-Rak/Alexander
CB-Houston/Wilson/Crawford/Mathieu/?
FS-Thomas/Jackson
SS-Meriweather/Taylor

P-Mcafee
K-Forbath
KR/PR-Mathieu

I beleive we make the playoffs again in 2013 and I believe RG3 will come back around week 6 and tear it up while protecting himself. I have alot of faith in Cousins and I believe we will have a winning record when Griffin comes back. This is probably Cousins last year here in Washington as well he will prove to somebody next season he's worth a first round pick. The defense will be improved as well our secondary cant get much worse than last year and with all of these injured players coming back next season the only way to go is up. The future is bright and hopefully Griffin can make an AP type recovery and come in and start protecting himself more.
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more inclined to think that we draft a CB in the third than a WR. we have spent draft picks and money on WR the past couple of years and they are just starting to mature.

Da'Rick Rogers is a talented player that I don't think gets past the Texans in the 2nd round. If we are going to cut Moss then I would think we shoot for a guy like Quinton Patton or Marquise Goodwin.

Love Andrew Jackson, but I really believe that teams are going to target him in the 3rd round. Either he is that good or his potential is that good.

And you know I love me some Phillip Thomas. LOVE that pick.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like selecting Da'Rick Rogers. I think ShanAllen will continue to shy away from players who have off the field problems like him and Mathieu. So I don't see us drafting either Rigers or Mathieu.

I agree with mike23 that I don't see us selecting a wr. I don't see any wr we are going to draft in the mid rounds be better than the ones we currently have on our roster.

Andrew Jackson, went back to school for his senior season. I hope we are able to select him in the 2014 draft because I feel this will be Fletcher's last year.

I think we will restructure Hall and moss rather than cut them.

What happened to Adam Gettis? Our reserved RG we drafted last year in round 5. I don't see a 7th rounder coming in and taking Royster's job, Johnson will be on the practice squad. You don't have Chris Neild on the team? I think we carry 3 NTs next year. Cofield, Baker and Neild. We can use Cofield some as DE and give him more of a rest by rotating in the young guys. I also am not sure Golston is back, we could go with the cheaper option who has more upside in Doug Worthington who played ok last year when he got the chance.

I like the rest of what you did in cuts, re-signs, free agency and the rest of the draft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign

Cory williams

Dwayne bowe or wallace or boldin.

Keep hall.

Everything else i agree with but resigning brandon wouls be good.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I saw Hall cut. I knew you actually knew what you were doing.
Fantastic mock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Fantastic mock.
Dhl was pretty shutdowm cb last 7 gms. We need some one better than him tho.

As for LB kruger would be nice .
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Fantastic mock.

Hall has never been and will never be a shut down cb. He gambles to much and doesn't play with sound enough technique.

Why in the world do we need to use our little bit of cap room we have to sign Kruger, who is a Ryan Kerrigan clone and isn't as good in coverage as Kerrigan?

Anyways. Kruger will be back in bmore. I guarantee that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4789's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
Re-signings
Kory L-solid LG

Lichtensteiger is probably free agent #1 to target; his injury probably limits his demand on the market, which might mean we get him at a bit of a discount. Alexander is probably #2. Davis is #3. I wouldn't sign Davis to another "prove it" deal; give him a 3 or 4 year deal with an out clause at year two (say, with a big roster bonus due in year 3).

Not sure I would bother with Tanard Jackson considering he hasn't shown that he can be relied upon. I'd also part ways with Grossman; Cousins showed he can run this offense, and do it with a lot less "eff it" mentality.

If we can keep Golston, that would be great. I wonder, though, if he's going to move on in hopes of maybe getting a starting gig. I would floored if we kept Jackson because he played his way into a starting role (or at least compete for one), which he will likely not do here.

Polumbus and Baker are good for depth. As long as the money is reasonable, sure. If they want to get paid, there's the door, gents.

Quote:
Cuts

All make sense.

Quote:
Free Agency

Pat Mcafee-we really need a punter who can do kickoffs Mcafee should be one of our top FA priorities field postition is very important.

Detroit's secondary was nothing to write home about this past season. Maybe Houston was the lone bright spot, but it seemed that teams could pass on the Lions at will.

Apparently, McAfee is pretty popular in Indianapolis, so I suspect they're working hard to prevent him from bolting.

Quote:
Draft

Thomas is IMO the best FS prospect in the draftt and I beleive he will be avaible at our pick. Thomas has great range and cover skills. He would definetly help us stop giving up huge plays. Huge upgrade over Madieu.

Rogers has character concerns but there is no denying his talent with Moss gone this gives Rogers the opportunity to come in and sit and develope for a little behind our solid vets. Reminds me alot of Mike Williams coming out of Syracuse.

I like the Thomas pick as it fills a huge need, but I'm not sure about a WR in the third. I'm not against it, but I would be curious if there would be other, better options (RT or OLB).

Quote:

Pugh is a soild prospect that fits what we do with the ZBS he Compton and Polumbus will battle it out for the RT position in training camp.

Jackson is a thumper and would bring much needed physicality to our ILBs and will take over for Flech after next year.

Round 5-Tyran Mathieu CB

Mathieu may not be the best cover corner in the world but he has a rare ballhawk skills and at the very least he is a great returner.

I'm okay with a small school ILB, but I really don't want to deal with the headache of the Honey Badger.

Quote:

Huge Safety 6-5 235 who dominated at Richmond great sleeper prospect with alot of potential.

Sound like solid late round grabs.

Quote:
2013 Roster
RB-Morris/Helu/Johnson
FB-Young
TE-Davis/Paulsen/Paul
LT-Williams/Compton
LG-Litch/Lerib
C-Monty/Lerib
RG-Chester/Hurt
RT-Pugh/Polumbus

I thought Compton was more of a right tackle? Do we only want to roll with five wide receivers, and nine offensive linemen?

Quote:
DE-Carriker/Jenkins
NT-Coefield/Baker
DE-Bowen/Gholston
LOLB-Kerrigan/Jackson
ILB-Flech/Jackson
ILB-Riley/Robinson
ROLB-Rak/Alexander
FS-Thomas/Jackson
SS-Meriweather/Taylor

P-Mcafee
K-Forbath
KR/PR-Mathieu

You've got quite a few openings there (I believe five extra roster spots to fill). I assume the "Jackson" behind Fletcher is actually your sixth round pick of Johnson.

Overall, it looks solid. I think your free agent moves might be dashed due to signings before people hit the market, but your moves for us otherwise look well thought out (I'll leave the draft pick evaluation to others, beyond my simple thoughts).
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of new names out there im not familiar with. I'm excited to look up more on these small school guys. I personally am against using anything higher than a 4th on a receiver. I do agree it is a need, but that needs to be dealt with next offseason. We need to go defense and/or oline. Also never been a fan of Chris Houston, he gets burnt A LOT. I can tell you put a lot of work and effort in this mock offseason, keep it up and keep on updating!

mike23md on the sig!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz, No Grossman,,I'm oK cept RG3 likely will be on the PUP list to start --so where do we get a back up??
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Fantastic mock.

Hall has never been and will never be a shut down cb. He gambles to much and doesn't play with sound enough technique.

Why in the world do we need to use our little bit of cap room we have to sign Kruger, who is a Ryan Kerrigan clone and isn't as good in coverage as Kerrigan?

dude did u see dhall the last 7 games? And what cbs will we get the best thing to do is re-sign brandon and jackson and draft a cb in the second and maybe go after byrd but i dont think will be signing to much i do see a kyle arrington or something cb.
mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin won't be on the PUP. If he is he can't do ANYTHING on the field. Not even play catch, NOTHING at all with his team mates. Then he would need to be taken off before the end of preseason or he'd have to wait till week 6 to come off. He won't be on the PUP.

I see no need in drafting a WR either. I'm good with the safety in the second, especially since he's a lifelong Skinz fan. But I'd like to see a CB in the 3rd and AJ Klein in the 4th if he's still there.

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Fantastic mock.

dude did u see dhall the last 7 games? And what cbs will we get the best thing to do is re-sign brandon and jackson and draft a cb in the second and maybe go after byrd but i dont think will be signing to much i do see a kyle arrington or something cb.
yeah. He had his ups and downs like usual. Look he played well, I've said that over and over, but was he Revis good or top 5 cb in the NFL good (which is what I consider A shutdown cb) no, I'm sorry, Hall was not that good.

Meriweather is already signed for next year. We don't need to re-sign him.

Someone pointed out to us in another thread that Tanard Jackson is suspended for an entire year, meaning he won't be allowed to sign with a team till sept 2013. I don't think it's worth bringing Tanard back unless we have injury problems or something because he won't even be able to participate in our offseason and Tanard barely participated in our 2012 offseason because of his shoulder injury he was recovering from.

At this point, the Tanard Jackson experiment has sailed.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Griffin won't be on the PUP. If he is he can't do ANYTHING on the field. Not even play catch, NOTHING at all with his team mates. Then he would need to be taken off before the end of preseason or he'd have to wait till week 6 to come off. He won't be on the PUP.

I see no need in drafting a WR either. I'm good with the safety in the second, especially since he's a lifelong Skinz fan. But I'd like to see a CB in the 3rd and AJ Klein in the 4th if he's still there.
I'm not sold that rg3 won't start on the PUP list just yet, I'd like to believe he will be 100% week 1, but that's not a given just yet. It's yet to be determined.

I totally agree with your 2nd paragraph. We don't need to draft a WR we have 4 young ones developing and we have 3 veterans who were productive last year returning.

I totally agree with going cb in the 3rd and ilb in the 4th again, although I'd like to think we can sign upgrades in FA at both positions and then maybe we don't have to draft the positions so high.

Signing a guy like Larry Grant as an ilb option will be an answer at ilb, restructuring Hall and Wilson and signing a FA cb like Keenan Lewis will make CB not such a high priority as well.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 4789's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:
Re-signings
Kory L-solid LG

Lichtensteiger is probably free agent #1 to target; his injury probably limits his demand on the market, which might mean we get him at a bit of a discount. Alexander is probably #2. Davis is #3. I wouldn't sign Davis to another "prove it" deal; give him a 3 or 4 year deal with an out clause at year two (say, with a big roster bonus due in year 3).

Not sure I would bother with Tanard Jackson considering he hasn't shown that he can be relied upon. I'd also part ways with Grossman; Cousins showed he can run this offense, and do it with a lot less "eff it" mentality.

If we can keep Golston, that would be great. I wonder, though, if he's going to move on in hopes of maybe getting a starting gig. I would floored if we kept Jackson because he played his way into a starting role (or at least compete for one), which he will likely not do here.

Polumbus and Baker are good for depth. As long as the money is reasonable, sure. If they want to get paid, there's the door, gents.

Quote:
Cuts

All make sense.

Quote:
Free Agency

Detroit's secondary was nothing to write home about this past season. Maybe Houston was the lone bright spot, but it seemed that teams could pass on the Lions at will.

Apparently, McAfee is pretty popular in Indianapolis, so I suspect they're working hard to prevent him from bolting.

Quote:
Draft

I like the Thomas pick as it fills a huge need, but I'm not sure about a WR in the third. I'm not against it, but I would be curious if there would be other, better options (RT or OLB).

Quote:

Round 5-Tyran Mathieu CB

I'm okay with a small school ILB, but I really don't want to deal with the headache of the Honey Badger.

Quote:

Sound like solid late round grabs.

Quote:
2013 Roster
RB-Morris/Helu/Johnson
FB-Young
TE-Davis/Paulsen/Paul
LT-Williams/Compton
LG-Litch/Lerib
C-Monty/Lerib
RG-Chester/Hurt
RT-Pugh/Polumbus

I thought Compton was more of a right tackle? Do we only want to roll with five wide receivers, and nine offensive linemen?

Quote:
DE-Carriker/Jenkins
NT-Coefield/Baker
DE-Bowen/Gholston
LOLB-Kerrigan/Jackson
ILB-Flech/Jackson
ILB-Riley/Robinson
ROLB-Rak/Alexander
FS-Thomas/Jackson
SS-Meriweather/Taylor

P-Mcafee
K-Forbath
KR/PR-Mathieu

You've got quite a few openings there (I believe five extra roster spots to fill). I assume the "Jackson" behind Fletcher is actually your sixth round pick of Johnson.

Overall, it looks solid. I think your free agent moves might be dashed due to signings before people hit the market, but your moves for us otherwise look well thought out (I'll leave the draft pick evaluation to others, beyond my simple thoughts).
Andrew Jackson, IlB from Western Kentucky went back to school for his senior season. If he came out this year in think he'd be a mid round pick or higher.

In 2014 right now he's projected to be one of the highest Ilbs taken in the draft, which means possibly a 1st round pick. Maybe we get lucky and he falls to us in round 2. I guess we will see, he's exaclty the big run stuffer we need in our defense at the "buck" spot, Silb next to Riley. I hope we can draft him next year. It would have been nice if Jackson came out this year and we could nab him the mid rounds but sadly, that won't happen now. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: