Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Manti Teo "Love Em or Dislike Em" Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
From a Packer fans perspective-

I'd be scared as all hell if you guys got your hands on Ogletree, Brown or Greene this year to be quite honest. Let them sit under Urlacher/Briggs for a year and replace Brian next year........That would be both disturbing and unnecessary. Laughing

I doubt we bring back Urlacher. Who we draft partly depends upon where Emery goes in free agency. There are many TE's available along with a good OT that our o-line coach knows as well as a MLB that our D-coordinator just left. I'm really hoping we land a guy like Lane Johnson.

In reality, I'm assuming Emery will draft BPA at whichever of our major four needs we don't address in FA.
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good college player for the most part but looked very very bad in the National Championship game against future pros on that Alabama squad. Also too many unanswered questions regarding that whole girlfriend hoax thing. The whole situation is just very weird and fishy and I think it would prove to be a big distraction for whichever team decides to draft him.

For these reasons, personally I wouldn't draft him, but I wouldn't hold it against Emery if he decides to pull the trigger on Te'o after conducting all the pre-draft evaluations and due diligence needed to make an educated decision on whether this guy is a good fit for the Bears. In Emery I trust.....for now.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
I wouldn't even imagine drafting him until
the 3rd round after the kind of poor skill
set he showed during the BCS game.
And any guy that falls for a relationship long distance
online is a ratard in my book
.. PASS
1 in 5 marriages are between people who met online now. The stigma you just stated is why he felt the need to keep the fact they had met online secret.
No one cares about a relationship starting on-line. There is no "stigma" when there is actually a relationship. There is a stigma wrt to being fooled for months on end. This was World Class stupid.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Manti Teo "Love Em or Dislike Em" Thread. Reply with quote

neo wrote:
Alright, I was getting bored at work so I wanted to see what people's REAL thoughts are about Manti and whether you think he is a good fit for our scheme or not. We ALL know that we need the oline to be addressed and Kromer is not going to come in here and just magically turn our oline into immediate All-Pros. Emery will address it thru FA and give us flexibility to draft BPA in the 1st. I think with all this "Hoax" stuff Manti is actually pushed down in the draft and he is not going to have crazy combine work out numbers. We might be able to trade back and pick up and extra low 3rd or high/mid 4th and still get him in the 1st. He brings the ability to run a defense from day 1, he has crazy instincts which allows him to read and diagnose plays. All the talk about him not getting off blocks is crazy, bcuz no LB is going to make consistent plays when he consistently has lineman on him...see Bama game. He will solidify our defense as a leader for the next 10 plus years and it's only one position. Dream scenario for me in the offseason without trading would go as follows: (Didn't want to try to predict trade scenarios).

FA
Andy Levitre OG
Jared Cook TE ( I think they are tagging him though)

Draft
1st Rd = Manti Teo LB Notre Dame
2nd Rd = Kyle Long OL Oregon
4th Rd = Travis Fredrick OL/C Wisconsin/Jordan Mills OG La. Tech
5th Rd = Josh Boyce WR TCU/Marquiss Wilson WR Wash St.
6th Rd = A.J. Klein LB IOWA

What are thoughts on Teo?
I would not draft him in the first round, maybe not even in the second.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rex63 wrote:
Yeah that's my bad MM 90, I was a little unclear in my haste to tease Superman(DH23).

And as for Supes, I'll take that challenge. You just better be ready to win like 75% of the time..............wait that's not good.

A bit off topic, but I am rooting for the Hawkeyes pretty hard right now, my nephew is friends with one of their recruits and he is the first division one football player my old high has ever produced. 8 man Fremont-Mills high football, 2011-12 state champs - 80 to 0 final championship score WOOT!
Holy cow, that tops the Bears 73-0 beat down of the Redskins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: