Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Manti Teo "Love Em or Dislike Em" Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rex63

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not to nitpick, but AJ Klein is from the better football team in the state. Iowa State Cyclones, not Iowa Hawkeyes.
shruj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh. i think he's a bit overrated and i think bama showed his flaws. i'd take minter and olgetree before i take him.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rex63 wrote:
Also not to nitpick, but AJ Klein is from the better football team in the state. Iowa State Cyclones, not Iowa Hawkeyes.
Any other year I'd be ready for a fight, sadly this year my Hawks gave me no reason

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rex63 wrote:

You know ND is in Indiana and not Iowa right?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
rex63 wrote:

OP has AJ Klein being drafted late, and has him listed as AJ KLEIN, IOWA.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
rex63 wrote:

OP has AJ Klein being drafted late, and has him listed as AJ KLEIN, IOWA.

I figured he was trying to say Klein was the best LB in the same state as Te'o since that's what we were talking about...figured I must have been reading it wrong lol.
rex63

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's my bad MM 90, I was a little unclear in my haste to tease Superman(DH23).

And as for Supes, I'll take that challenge. You just better be ready to win like 75% of the time..............wait that's not good.

A bit off topic, but I am rooting for the Hawkeyes pretty hard right now, my nephew is friends with one of their recruits and he is the first division one football player my old high has ever produced. 8 man Fremont-Mills high football, 2011-12 state champs - 80 to 0 final championship score WOOT!
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
I wouldn't even imagine drafting him until
the 3rd round after the kind of poor skill
set he showed during the BCS game.
And any guy that falls for a relationship long distance
online is a ratard in my book
.. PASS
1 in 5 marriages are between people who met online now. The stigma you just stated is why he felt the need to keep the fact they had met online secret.

And out of that 20 percent, how man of them were all-american linebackers?
You're going to tell me in today's day in age he would never ask once to Skype, Facetime, Oovoo, ect ?? You're way to naive my friend.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
online is a ratard in my book.. PASS

Because one game defines a player Rolling Eyes
And Te'o is hardly the first person to be duped. He'll probably be drafted in the mid-late 1st IMO. But he isn't the sideline to sideline player the Bears need. Minter and Ogletree are and they are better in coverage than Te'o. If Urlacher isn't re-signed I'd love for Minter or Ogletree to be his successor.

Considering that playing Alabama in the National Championship is the closest NFL experience you're going to get without being in the league... uh yeah I'm going to be a critic of his NFL evaluation. Not Saying Te'o is under par but I will say he is not the Heisman candidate we imagined. He dupe us twice.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
online is a ratard in my book.. PASS

Because one game defines a player Rolling Eyes
And Te'o is hardly the first person to be duped. He'll probably be drafted in the mid-late 1st IMO. But he isn't the sideline to sideline player the Bears need. Minter and Ogletree are and they are better in coverage than Te'o. If Urlacher isn't re-signed I'd love for Minter or Ogletree to be his successor.

Considering that playing Alabama in the National Championship is the closest NFL experience you're going to get without being in the league... uh yeah I'm going to be a critic of his NFL evaluation. Not Saying Te'o is under par but I will say he is not the Heisman candidate we imagined. He dupe us twice.
Most players struggle against Alabama. They're a dominant team. They dominated ND not just Teo.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Packer fans perspective-

I'd be scared as all hell if you guys got your hands on Ogletree, Brown or Greene this year to be quite honest. Let them sit under Urlacher/Briggs for a year and replace Brian next year........That would be both disturbing and unnecessary. Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
From a Packer fans perspective-

I'd be scared as all hell if you guys got your hands on Ogletree, Brown or Greene this year to be quite honest. Let them sit under Urlacher/Briggs for a year and replace Brian next year........That would be both disturbing and unnecessary. Laughing
Ogletree on paper is a good scheme fit but I don't love him as a football player. Brown or Greene in the 2nd would be great though.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
.. PASS
1 in 5 marriages are between people who met online now. The stigma you just stated is why he felt the need to keep the fact they had met online secret.

You're going to tell me in today's day in age he would never ask once to Skype, Facetime, Oovoo, ect ?? You're way to naive my friend.
Would he ask, yes, he even says he did, would he stop talking to her b/c she said no, probably not. If you've never been in an online relationship you really don't understand how it can draw somebody in. I have been in an online relationship, and have attempted to take that relationship to real life. You often find that once things progress to that point that its kind of like starting over, b/c when you are online that person is everything you imagine them to be, once it moves to real life flaws are revealed.

TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
.. PASS

Would he ask, yes, he even says he did, would he stop talking to her b/c she said no, probably not. If you've never been in an online relationship you really don't understand how it can draw somebody in. I have been in an online relationship, and have attempted to take that relationship to real life. You often find that once things progress to that point that its kind of like starting over, b/c when you are online that person is everything you imagine them to be, once it moves to real life flaws are revealed.

Anyone who bases an online relationship around someone they have never met in person or actually *seen* via Skype etc. is foolish. And this is coming from a person who met his partner online and has been in that relationship happily for 5 years.

Regardless, Teo doesn't seem like a fool. Given what we've heard from Tuiasosopo about his involvement and "falling in love" with Te'o, I'd argue that Te'o knew all along. To me, he seems like a guy who is gay and knows that he's in a profession that would never accept that from a tough-guy linebacker. He knew his draft stock, Heisman chances and entire National Championship season would be down the crapper if it came out, so he hid it. Then he killed the imaginary character off for the dual purpose of insuring that no one would ever ask to meet "her" and to bolster his Heisman chances with a sob story. He would have pulled it off but he was found out at the 11th hour. Now both he and Tuiasosopo are frantically trying to do damage control so that Te'o's draft stock won't crash any more than it already has.

Viewing it all through this lens, we have a guy who, for better or worse, created a massive lie and then proceded to cover it up once he was caught. I understand why he would do that, if I'm correct in my assumptions, but still. And, if I'm correct, his orientation, should it ever come to light, would be a huge distraction. I don't think it *should* be, but I know that it *would* be.

Given all this, pass on Te'o.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
.. PASS

Anyone who bases an online relationship around someone they have never met in person or actually *seen* via Skype etc. is foolish. And this is coming from a person who met his partner online and has been in that relationship happily for 5 years.

Regardless, Teo doesn't seem like a fool. Given what we've heard from Tuiasosopo about his involvement and "falling in love" with Te'o, I'd argue that Te'o knew all along. To me, he seems like a guy who is gay and knows that he's in a profession that would never accept that from a tough-guy linebacker. He knew his draft stock, Heisman chances and entire National Championship season would be down the crapper if it came out, so he hid it. Then he killed the imaginary character off for the dual purpose of insuring that no one would ever ask to meet "her" and to bolster his Heisman chances with a sob story. He would have pulled it off but he was found out at the 11th hour. Now both he and Tuiasosopo are frantically trying to do damage control so that Te'o's draft stock won't crash any more than it already has.

Viewing it all through this lens, we have a guy who, for better or worse, created a massive lie and then proceded to cover it up once he was caught. I understand why he would do that, if I'm correct in my assumptions, but still. And, if I'm correct, his orientation, should it ever come to light, would be a huge distraction. I don't think it *should* be, but I know that it *would* be.

Given all this, pass on Te'o.
T'eo has vms he saved to his phone that definitely sound like a woman, not a dude, so unless this was the plan all along, I'd say it puts your theory out.

Most likely T'eo was fooled, discovered the truth, never let the cat out of the bag to the media, hoping it would all blow over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: