Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Manti Teo "Love Em or Dislike Em" Thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: The Manti Teo "Love Em or Dislike Em" Thread. Reply with quote

Alright, I was getting bored at work so I wanted to see what people's REAL thoughts are about Manti and whether you think he is a good fit for our scheme or not. We ALL know that we need the oline to be addressed and Kromer is not going to come in here and just magically turn our oline into immediate All-Pros. Emery will address it thru FA and give us flexibility to draft BPA in the 1st. I think with all this "Hoax" stuff Manti is actually pushed down in the draft and he is not going to have crazy combine work out numbers. We might be able to trade back and pick up and extra low 3rd or high/mid 4th and still get him in the 1st. He brings the ability to run a defense from day 1, he has crazy instincts which allows him to read and diagnose plays. All the talk about him not getting off blocks is crazy, bcuz no LB is going to make consistent plays when he consistently has lineman on him...see Bama game. He will solidify our defense as a leader for the next 10 plus years and it's only one position. Dream scenario for me in the offseason without trading would go as follows: (Didn't want to try to predict trade scenarios).

FA
Andy Levitre OG
Jared Cook TE ( I think they are tagging him though)

Draft
1st Rd = Manti Teo LB Notre Dame
2nd Rd = Kyle Long OL Oregon
4th Rd = Travis Fredrick OL/C Wisconsin/Jordan Mills OG La. Tech
5th Rd = Josh Boyce WR TCU/Marquiss Wilson WR Wash St.
6th Rd = A.J. Klein LB IOWA

What are thoughts on Teo?

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player I think the positives with Te’o is that he will rack up tackles and more than likely lead his team in tackles every year…he will add leadership and intensity to any D…his instincts and football IQ are very high…and I don’t feel he is limited to just one scheme at the next level…he would be a long term captain on whichever team drafts him…the negatives are that he needs to play at around 240lbs which help him this year rather than the 255lbs he was listed at when ND ran a 3-4 D…and the biggest problem I have always had with Te’o is that he hasn’t been a consistent playmaker throughout his career…the 7 INTs this year were impressive no doubt…but he didn’t have a single INT in 38 games before that…his TFL count is also average with 33 TFL in 51 career games…compare that to a guy like Luke Kuechly who had 35.5 TFL in just 38 career games…I think he would be a rock solid player for the next 10-13 years who will consistently lead his team in tackles like Keith Brooking did during his days in Atlanta but I don’t see him as a big time playmaker in the pros.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Minter more. Very good ILB who is VERY good in coverage.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even imagine drafting him until
the 3rd round after the kind of poor skill
set he showed during the BCS game.
And any guy that falls for a relationship long distance
online is a ratard in my book.. PASS

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
online is a ratard in my book
.. PASS
1 in 5 marriages are between people who met online now. The stigma you just stated is why he felt the need to keep the fact they had met online secret.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if he falls to us in the 2nd. Our offensive line has too many holes to fill strictly via free agency so I would presume a guard or tackle would be the pick. I'm praying we sign a TE and don't use a first on one. The TE pool is huge and I imagine Emery already has his eyes set on a couple guys.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
online is a ratard in my book.. PASS

Because one game defines a player Rolling Eyes
And Te'o is hardly the first person to be duped. He'll probably be drafted in the mid-late 1st IMO. But he isn't the sideline to sideline player the Bears need. Minter and Ogletree are and they are better in coverage than Te'o. If Urlacher isn't re-signed I'd love for Minter or Ogletree to be his successor.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like him. I would definitely take him at #20. He's my #1 LB in this class. A great fit for our scheme. A do it all guy.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him as a player. I like Minter and Ogletree more though.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I like him as a player. I like Minter and Ogletree more though.

+ 1

If we take a linebacker in the first it has to be one of them. I can see Te'o falling to the early second.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Minter before Te’o as I have been high on him for a while but I think you have to look at what Ogletree would be getting asked to replace…for me the MLB spot is much more than just having a guy who can play that spot…he has to be the emotional and intellectual leader of the D…I don’t think Ogletree has the leadership or maturity to take over from Urlacher who has been the face of the franchise for so long…there is no doubt a lot of potential but I just worry about the intangibles.
neo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how people think these guys are better than Teo. Ogletree has exceptional athletic skills, but look at everyone around him on defense including a 6-4 358 plus lb dlineman, and a consensus All-American in Jarvis Jones that offenses had to scheme for. Minter as well played on a defense that ushers in top 100 players on defense every year. Teo came in and showed crazy instincts his freshman year and got better technically every year. Its hard to make tackles for a loss when you defense sucks, and thats what he had his 1st 2 years. Kelly hired a GREAT DC and Notre Dame got significantly better, and Teo as well. He explodes when he gets to the ball carrier, he diagnoses plays quickly and isn't prone to take false steps when the play has begun. First off if you think he can't run sideline to sideline you are mistaken, and when he gets there he explodes into the ball carrier. I mean what freakin game other than Bama did he not show he is a 1st rd talent. (Mind you Stephen Tuitt who was coined the perfect Def End was getting man-handled all game and that includes the entire front line of ND).

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
I don't understand how people think these guys are better than Teo. Ogletree has exceptional athletic skills, but look at everyone around him on defense including a 6-4 358 plus lb dlineman, and a consensus All-American in Jarvis Jones that offenses had to scheme for. Minter as well played on a defense that ushers in top 100 players on defense every year. Teo came in and showed crazy instincts his freshman year and got better technically every year. Its hard to make tackles for a loss when you defense sucks, and thats what he had his 1st 2 years. Kelly hired a GREAT DC and Notre Dame got significantly better, and Teo as well. He explodes when he gets to the ball carrier, he diagnoses plays quickly and isn't prone to take false steps when the play has begun. First off if you think he can't run sideline to sideline you are mistaken, and when he gets there he explodes into the ball carrier. I mean what freakin game other than Bama did he not show he is a 1st rd talent. (Mind you Stephen Tuitt who was coined the perfect Def End was getting man-handled all game and that includes the entire front line of ND).

You make it sound as though Te'o was doing it all by himself for ND and that's not the case at all, and had Te'o done what he did against the SEC like the other two then I may think differently. Minter can do everything Te'o can do IMO, only he did it in the SEC. Fair or not, Te'o played against the SEC one time and looked remarkably average.

I still think he is a very good prospect and I won't be upset if he ends up a Bear. I just prefer the other two guys.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
neo wrote:

You make it sound as though Te'o was doing it all by himself for ND and that's not the case at all, and had Te'o done what he did against the SEC like the other two then I may think differently. Minter can do everything Te'o can do IMO, only he did it in the SEC. Fair or not, Te'o played against the SEC one time and looked remarkably average.

I still think he is a very good prospect and I won't be upset if he ends up a Bear. I just prefer the other two guys.
Minter isn't nearly as natural in coverage. Teo was really good this year in coverage.
Athelite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUST. And I thought this way before national championship or girlfriend bs. No athleticism

^Takeonme^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: