Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson named MVP and Offensive Player of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you think of which player his respective team couldn't do without, it's Peterson.

Was Watt amazing and key to his teams success? Yeah, but they also fared well last year with him at a limited basis, and their defense suffered after Cushing went out.

Just because Peterson is a RB, it doesn't mean we should invalidate him as MVP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be Calvin if we actually won games. Sad
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I'm glad that ultimately Peterson won it because in reality it should have come down to Rodgers or Peterson depending on how you view the award.

O really? You were the guy saying that Adrian would not have been in your top 10? A big chance of heart

He's borderline top 10 if you view it truly as the most VALUABLE player which I do. So ultimately I prefer Peterson win it (more of a most OUTSTANDING player award) than see Peyton win it who was neither the most outstanding nor the most valuable.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

And the thing is, there is absolutely no justification towards having a bias towards running backs. The position is absolutely not valuable relative to others.

It should not have gone to any quarterback, and it probably should not have gone to Peterson. JJ Watt was the best player in the NFL this year, and deserved to be awarded accordingly.

You don't like the Vikings do you. Carter shouldn't be in the HOF and Peterson doesn't deserve the MVP. Any other accomplishments we should give back?
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy he won it, I'm tired of QB's winning because of media hype. It's bad enough Luck got voted over Wilson for ROTY, even though RG3 deservedly won it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad the voters got this one right.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrated to Peterson, since I haven't been on much this weekend. It was a well deserved win for both of those things as he directly carried the team into the playoffs through the time that Ponder was struggling and Harvin had gone down.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely deserving and glad to see the kid from Palestine win it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

And the thing is, there is absolutely no justification towards having a bias towards running backs. The position is absolutely not valuable relative to others.

It should not have gone to any quarterback, and it probably should not have gone to Peterson. JJ Watt was the best player in the NFL this year, and deserved to be awarded accordingly.

Adrian Peterson in my eyes had a better year. He was the offense, teams stacked the box and still couldnt stop him. JJ Watt is on a better team, so i give the edge to AP. Nothing against JJ Watt (although some texans fans may think i do have something against them), AP just that had that special of a year.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

Wait, so because Adrian Peterson is a Runningback, he shouldn't win? You don't think he was key to our success?

I don't get it at all. Sure guys like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are huge reasons to their teams success, but Adrian just went off this year. Not many, if any had quite the success he had at times.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Wait, so because Adrian Peterson is a Runningback, he shouldn't win? You don't think he was key to our success?

I don't get it at all. Sure guys like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are huge reasons to their teams success, but Adrian just went off this year. Not many, if any had quite the success he had at times.

I am pretty sure he is saying if theyre going to use the value aspect of the title to decide the winner, then it shouldnt go to a RB. It should go to a QB. He isnt saying he agrees. He is just saying if that is, indeed, the methodolgy (looking for "who is most valuable to his team") then it shouldnt be a RB. Because, for instance, the argument can be made that the most valuable RB on any team is never going to be more valuable than the most valuable QB.

We are really just saying the award can and should be improved. It's worthless in my eyes as it stands now. No more worthwhile than, say, a spot on the all star team. Because the method and reasons for either are so flawed.

CK on the sig
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

I am pretty sure he is saying if theyre going to use the value aspect of the title to decide the winner, then it shouldnt go to a RB. It should go to a QB. He isnt saying he agrees. He is just saying if that is, indeed, the methodolgy (looking for "who is most valuable to his team") then it shouldnt be a RB. Because, for instance, the argument can be made that the most valuable RB on any team is never going to be more valuable than the most valuable QB.

We are really just saying the award can and should be improved. It's worthless in my eyes as it stands now. No more worthwhile than, say, a spot on the all star team. Because the method and reasons for either are so flawed.

I agree with the fact that QBs are more valuable than RBs but AP got them to the playoffs. Regardless of how many wins. When you see teams winning the SB by winning 10 games in a year, record is not regarded highly it is somewhat dismissed if you make the playoffs.

Look at his second point is what i dont get. AP shouldnt have won it but JJ Watt, why should that be the case? AP in my eyes was more valuable to the Vikings than Watt was to the texans. Not to mention they had just as good a season or maybe even better.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

You don't like the Vikings do you. Carter shouldn't be in the HOF and Peterson doesn't deserve the MVP. Any other accomplishments we should give back?

That is not at all what I said.

SteelKing728 wrote:

That is not at all what I said.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Peterson is the rightful MVP because there's no way the Vikings win more than 5 games without him. He was our offense and delivered every game. He was outstanding this season and kept us in games that we would have had no shot in otherwise.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Link to the video of Peterson accepting the MVP award:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors/0ap2000000134483/NFL-Honors-Most-Valuable-Player-Adrian-Peterson

We may not have gotten over the hump to win a Super Bowl yet, but this is the kind of thing that makes me proud to be a Vikings fan. Adrian Peterson is a great young man that is everything the Vikings and the NFL as a whole should stand for. Bravo Adrian!

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: