Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers LB Luke Kuechly named Defensive Rookie of the year

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39700
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Panthers LB Luke Kuechly named Defensive Rookie of the year Reply with quote

Quote:
Carolina @Panthers' Luke Kuechly named 2012 AP Defensive Rookie of the Year. on.nfl.com/NFL_Honors #NFLHonors


http://twitter.com/nfl/statuses/297863306402725889
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthersin12


Joined: 27 Feb 2012
Posts: 227
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time a dory wasn't a pro bowler?
_________________
Asst. GM - Carolina Panthers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 2049
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty hurney = GOAT drafter?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21255
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
marty hurney = GOAT 1st round drafter?


FIFY
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13215
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Hurney's first round picks:

2002 - Julius Peppers (Starter for 7 years, 8x Pro Bowler, 3x 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year)
2003 - Jordan Gross (Starter for 10 years, 2x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All-Pro)
2004 - Chris Gamble (Starter for 9 years, All-Time Panthers INT holder)
2005 - Thomas Davis (Starter for 6 years, Pro Bowl caliber player derailed by injuries)
2006 - DeAngelo Williams (Starter for 5 years, 1x Pro Bowler, All-Time Panthers Rushing Yards/TD holder)
2007 - Jon Beason (Starter for 6 years, 3x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro)
2008 - Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah (Both Pro Bowl caliber players, one ruined with knee and back injuries)
2011 - Cam Newton (Starter for 2 years, 1x Pro Bowler, Offensive Rookie of the Year)
2012 - Luke Kuechly (Defensive Rookie of the Year)

If only he worked his magic in the later rounds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Marty Hurney's first round picks:

2002 - Julius Peppers (Starter for 7 years, 8x Pro Bowler, 3x 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year)
2003 - Jordan Gross (Starter for 10 years, 2x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All-Pro)
2004 - Chris Gamble (Starter for 9 years, All-Time Panthers INT holder)
2005 - Thomas Davis (Starter for 6 years, Pro Bowl caliber player derailed by injuries)
2006 - DeAngelo Williams (Starter for 5 years, 1x Pro Bowler, All-Time Panthers Rushing Yards/TD holder)
2007 - Jon Beason (Starter for 6 years, 3x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro)
2008 - Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah (Both Pro Bowl caliber players, one ruined with knee and back injuries)
2011 - Cam Newton (Starter for 2 years, 1x Pro Bowler, Offensive Rookie of the Year)
2012 - Luke Kuechly (Defensive Rookie of the Year)

If only he worked his magic in the later rounds.

This
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2293
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Marty Hurney's first round picks:

2002 - Julius Peppers (Starter for 7 years, 8x Pro Bowler, 3x 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year)
2003 - Jordan Gross (Starter for 10 years, 2x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All-Pro)
2004 - Chris Gamble (Starter for 9 years, All-Time Panthers INT holder)
2005 - Thomas Davis (Starter for 6 years, Pro Bowl caliber player derailed by injuries)
2006 - DeAngelo Williams (Starter for 5 years, 1x Pro Bowler, All-Time Panthers Rushing Yards/TD holder)
2007 - Jon Beason (Starter for 6 years, 3x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro)
2008 - Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah (Both Pro Bowl caliber players, one ruined with knee and back injuries)
2011 - Cam Newton (Starter for 2 years, 1x Pro Bowler, Offensive Rookie of the Year)
2012 - Luke Kuechly (Defensive Rookie of the Year)

If only he worked his magic in the later rounds.

This

Every team misses on draft picks, but the key is hitting "big" on your picks. The Panthers have obtained some nice players after the 1st round... Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy, James Anderson, just to name a few. The major issue with Hurney was his movement in the draft. Outside of the "trade for Beason and Kalil" (BTW, the Jets drafted D. Revis with that movement!), Hurney has made some terrible decisions in the top of the draft. Trading away future picks for players like E. Brown and A. Edwards have proved to be a massive failure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 9875
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Marty Hurney's first round picks:

2002 - Julius Peppers (Starter for 7 years, 8x Pro Bowler, 3x 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year)
2003 - Jordan Gross (Starter for 10 years, 2x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All-Pro)
2004 - Chris Gamble (Starter for 9 years, All-Time Panthers INT holder)
2005 - Thomas Davis (Starter for 6 years, Pro Bowl caliber player derailed by injuries)
2006 - DeAngelo Williams (Starter for 5 years, 1x Pro Bowler, All-Time Panthers Rushing Yards/TD holder)
2007 - Jon Beason (Starter for 6 years, 3x Pro Bowler, 2x All-Pro)
2008 - Jonathan Stewart and Jeff Otah (Both Pro Bowl caliber players, one ruined with knee and back injuries)
2011 - Cam Newton (Starter for 2 years, 1x Pro Bowler, Offensive Rookie of the Year)
2012 - Luke Kuechly (Defensive Rookie of the Year)

If only he worked his magic in the later rounds.

This

Every team misses on draft picks, but the key is hitting "big" on your picks. The Panthers have obtained some nice players after the 1st round... Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy, James Anderson, just to name a few. The major issue with Hurney was his movement in the draft. Outside of the "trade for Beason and Kalil" (BTW, the Jets drafted D. Revis with that movement!), Hurney has made some terrible decisions in the top of the draft. Trading away future picks for players like E. Brown and A. Edwards have proved to be a massive failure.
Yeah Hurney had no reason to trade away the 1st round picks when he already was striking gold with every 1st round pick he made
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24842
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a tank, well deserved. A team leader that gets fiery at the right times.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24842
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future is bright.

_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29620
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all didnt hear? He's just a big name with a thousand assisted tackles.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2293
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Y'all didnt hear? He's just a big name with a thousand assisted tackles.

You two were just going round and round in the News forum. You'll never convince someone like that of your point even though I thought your points were more objective, unbiased and statistically based. Haters gonna hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2307
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well deserved. shoulda been a probowler
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29620
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Y'all didnt hear? He's just a big name with a thousand assisted tackles.

You two were just going round and round in the News forum. You'll never convince someone like that of your point even though I thought your points were more objective, unbiased and statistically based. Haters gonna hate.


I think it's pretty clear that anyone who thinks Kuechly had no business winning the award didnt watch him this season.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21255
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Y'all didnt hear? He's just a big name with a thousand assisted tackles.

You two were just going round and round in the News forum. You'll never convince someone like that of your point even though I thought your points were more objective, unbiased and statistically based. Haters gonna hate.


I think it's pretty clear that anyone who thinks Kuechly had no business winning the award didnt watch him this season.


We were a completely different team defensively when he stepped in at MLB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group