Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers LB Luke Kuechly named Defensive Rookie of the year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Panthers LB Luke Kuechly named Defensive Rookie of the year Reply with quote

Quote:
Carolina @Panthers' Luke Kuechly named 2012 AP Defensive Rookie of the Year. on.nfl.com/NFL_Honors #NFLHonors


http://twitter.com/nfl/statuses/297863306402725889

As expected, congrats Kuechly.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19977
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused, why not save the news for the awards show? Or is it going on now and will air as a recording?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13903
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Marty Hurney the only general manager to ever be fired immediately after drafting offensive and defensive rookie of the year in consecutive years? Laughing
_________________

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 15125
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes doesn't need to wait to break news.

He is Roger Goodell.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Is Marty Hurney the only general manager to ever be fired immediately after drafting offensive and defensive rookie of the year in consecutive years? Laughing


Bread and Butter comes after the 1st round Wink
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not terrible, but Bobby Wagner may have been the better choice. Can't really complain though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalton


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 3077
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I'm confused, why not save the news for the awards show? Or is it going on now and will air as a recording?


I would also like to know. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48547
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have given it to Wagner personally. His defense as more relevant and he is just as deserving individually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Id have given it to Wagner personally. His defense as more relevant and he is just as deserving individually.


Why should the talent level of the defense play into an individual award like this?
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48547
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Id have given it to Wagner personally. His defense as more relevant and he is just as deserving individually.


Why should the talent level of the defense play into an individual award like this?


It does for other awards. I actually agree with you, it should be an individual award but there isnt consistency between all of these individual awards. It seems some are determined by team success and others arent. Otherwise, Jared Allen should have been your DPOY of the year last.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30084
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Id have given it to Wagner personally. His defense as more relevant and he is just as deserving individually.


Why should the talent level of the defense play into an individual award like this?


It does for other awards. I actually agree with you, it should be an individual award but there isnt consistency between all of these individual awards. It seems some are determined by team success and others arent. Otherwise, Jared Allen should have been your DPOY of the year last.


Then you may pass. Cool
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B_wolf84


Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Posts: 1470
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Packers fan in Buc country and my good friend thinks David should have won, and I was wondering where Haywood fared. Any one have a link that shows the votes?
_________________
FB: b.wolf84, PSN: b-wolf84
Its good to be a Florida Gator!!!
Go Pack Go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19977
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_wolf84 wrote:
I am Packers fan in Buc country and my good friend thinks David should have won, and I was wondering where Haywood fared. Any one have a link that shows the votes?


Hayward 3rd.

http://blog.packers.com/2013/02/02/casey-hayward-takes-3rd-in-defensive-rookie-of-year-voting/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Car123


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 189
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if he started all games at MLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this one was pretty obvious
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group