Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Honors awards show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Still being mad at Brett.

Grow up, people. The man made his mistakes. I'm not about to forget all my favorite childhood memories of him because of his last 3 years. I grew up watching the guy play and he was the one who made me bleed green and gold.

I'm not going to forget all of my adulthood memories of him because I once possessed childhood admiration for him.

Some folks need to grow up and see the whole picture.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yeah, I couldn't even really address a post telling me to "grow up" because I won't forgive a guy who shows no remorse.

But how well is Aaron handling all of this? Like a true pro. Makes me sick when I think about all of the leadership nonsense that was tossed around about him.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/189893391.html
General_Bean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
Meh, we won a SB in 10, Favre failed in 09. No harm, no foul. It's been years and I accept Favre for who he is, he hasn't apologized and he probably won't ever.

He rebuilt GB from the ruins it was left in in the 70s-80s. He brought a lombardi to GB, not to Min. So I can't be mad forever.

You're right. Attempted murderers shouldn't be locked up for just attempting to murder someone.

After all, no harm, no foul.

Let me just add- I have no emotional attachment to this situation for all the people that will respond, "Get over it".

I feel very calm and rational about it. I would actually argue that the people who just want to "forgive and forget" are just turning a blind eye and looking at things they want to remember, but not exactly how they happened.

I didn't hear about how Brett had an attempted murder...this is new to me.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Still being mad at Brett.

Grow up, people. The man made his mistakes. I'm not about to forget all my favorite childhood memories of him because of his last 3 years. I grew up watching the guy play and he was the one who made me bleed green and gold.

I'm not going to forget all of my adulthood memories of him because I once possessed childhood admiration for him.

Some folks need to grow up and see the whole picture.

Isn't adulthood and maturation supposed to bring more forgiveness and moving past? Why do some people hold so strong a grudge against a person they haven't even met?

His faults hurt no one more than Aaron Rodgers. If Rodgers is ready to move past it, then why aren't you (not just you incog)?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

Isn't adulthood and maturation supposed to bring more forgiveness and moving past? Why do some people hold so strong a grudge against a person they haven't even met?

His faults hurt no one more than Aaron Rodgers. If Rodgers is ready to move past it, then why aren't you (not just you incog)?

I don't "forgive" him because I never took anything he did personally. I have nothing to move on from.

I just analyze the situation from my perspective and even in 2013 he still screwed up plenty in 2007. That will never change. Not sure why anyone would get chastised for suggesting as much.

It's not a matter of forgiveness or moving on, it's just recognition of the entire picture.
PackerPride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the whole calling the Lions to help them beat us thing get debunked????? F Brett Favre, hope he dies.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

Rodgers is being a mature professional leader of the team. What he's doing is awesome, and shows a ton of class and maturity.

As a fan, I don't have those same responsibilities. At the end of the day, his childish antics brought him to the Vikings and his goal was to beat Green Bay. I dislike him for that, I'm allowed to do that without ever meeting him.

I guess my question to you is, do you think the fans (or at least the organization) deserve an apology? The man clearly deserves to be in our HOF, ring of honor, number retired, etc., but it's kind of on him right now to fix the damage he did, no?

Until he shows some remorse, I don't see a reason to forgive him. He screwed up his legacy pretty bad.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerPride wrote:
Did the whole calling the Lions to help them beat us thing get debunked????? F Brett Favre, hope he dies.

I don't like him either, but we can't wish death on people here.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Bean wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
Meh, we won a SB in 10, Favre failed in 09. No harm, no foul. It's been years and I accept Favre for who he is, he hasn't apologized and he probably won't ever.

He rebuilt GB from the ruins it was left in in the 70s-80s. He brought a lombardi to GB, not to Min. So I can't be mad forever.

You're right. Attempted murderers shouldn't be locked up for just attempting to murder someone.

Let me just add- I have no emotional attachment to this situation for all the people that will respond, "Get over it".

I feel very calm and rational about it. I would actually argue that the people who just want to "forgive and forget" are just turning a blind eye and looking at things they want to remember, but not exactly how they happened.

I guess the use of metaphors are lost on your level of intelligence then. It was pretty clear and simple to understand.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Aaron Rodgers take a step forward toward reconciliation. I think as a fanbase we need to do the same.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Look at Aaron Rodgers take a step forward toward reconciliation. I think as a fanbase we need to do the same.

Until Favre admits he was a horse's rear end, forget it. I'm don't forgive people who don't recognize and admit their mistakes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've become very ambivalent about the entire affair with Favre. He was a stupe and put the Packers in quite a conundrum back then. This recent development is interesting and we'll see if this is the start of a reconciliation. But for now I'm more concerned with how we are going to improve the team in 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
General_Bean wrote:

I guess the use of metaphors are lost on your level of intelligence then. It was pretty clear and simple to understand.

I guess bad comparisons are lost on your level of intelligence as well. It's not even comparable and its a bad taste statement coming from you.

Edit* On topic, Rodgers, even though he may have been playing to the media, says it's time to move on, so I feel the same way. Time heals, and I just feel since Favre didn't really win the war (he won 2 games, we won a super bowl) that I can move on from the last 3 years of his career.
General_Bean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Until Favre admits he was a horse's rear end, forget it. I'm don't forgive people who don't recognize and admit their mistakes.

...I mean I don't know, if this was someone I knew personally, then yes your statement is very valid and I would agree with it. But I mean It's like the WWE, football is just entertainment and I don't really want to take it too personally. I don't know the whole insider story about this whole situation, just what happened on the surface. For all I know, Thompson sat with Brett and said you need to be the villain, so let's get a storyline going...haha.. alright so I couldn't say that whole story with a straight face.

He's selfish, I accept it
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

I don't "forgive" him because I never took anything he did personally. I have nothing to move on from.

I just analyze the situation from my perspective and even in 2013 he still screwed up plenty in 2007. That will never change. Not sure why anyone would get chastised for suggesting as much.

It's not a matter of forgiveness or moving on, it's just recognition of the entire picture.

Pretty much this.

I'm not "mad" at him, it's just that my opinion of him has gone down. Used to be a fan of the guy, now I'm not and think he's a tool.

I feel like he's not acknowledging the elephant in the room, the reason why he alienated the organization as a whole (everyone from players to fans), just thinking he can act like it never happened and be accepted back. That's not going to work for him. I still remember what he did for me to think less of him now, and until he addresses those things in some good enough way, I still won't be real fond of him.

If anything, it'll make me like him less, for showing arrogance where he should be humble. I'm not sure he even knows what that H-word means.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: