Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Honors awards show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Screw Favre, Heyward got robbed, a linebacker making a bunch of tackles, never seen that before from a rookie. I dunno, I am sure I have to watch more of him, but six picks from Heyward and a bunch of pass defenses.

As good as Hayward was, let's not forget he played NICKEL corner. He was 3rd on the depth chart on a good pass defense. Not saying it's a bad thing because of who started ahead of him, but he wasn't Revis here. Luke and both Wagner played really well in their situations as well and had as much claim to the award as he did.

As for Brett, if Rodgers is cool with him, I'm cool with him. His yes/no retire/no retire game was obviously not fair to the team. Sleazing his way out of New York was terrible, but in the end, if Rodgers is okay with what he did to him, I'm willing to forgive as well as he took the worst of it in the whole fiasco. He was an innocent piece in a bigger game and handled it with total class. In the end, he didn't bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota and ended his career there with a beautiful pick, so that makes his tenure their easier to forget. Brett gave me more good memories than bad as a Packer fan and I'm okay with acknowledging his status as one of the Packer greats if he's willing to no longer slight the fans. I don't need an apology, though I'm generally not one for apologies.

It was cool to see the two of them up there doing their thing. Also excited to hear Rodgers' podcast this week and what he has to say about it.
packerjmf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I just don't understand why time passing should make it any more forgivable. He has to apologize to the fans and the organization, plain and simple. Because yes, he does have things to apologize for, and I'm not sure how that's debatable.

Totally agreed. I don't hate the guy, but I'm not ready to write off everything he did and said after he left the Packers. Once he takes responsibility for what he did I'll be more than happy to forgive the guy and let him back in the Packers' good graces. I just don't want to honor the guy in Green Bay if he expects us to just completely ignore everything he's done and walk into Green Bay like nothing's happened.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerjmf wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I just don't understand why time passing should make it any more forgivable. He has to apologize to the fans and the organization, plain and simple. Because yes, he does have things to apologize for, and I'm not sure how that's debatable.

Totally agreed. I don't hate the guy, but I'm not ready to write off everything he did and said after he left the Packers. Once he takes responsibility for what he did I'll be more than happy to forgive the guy and let him back in the Packers' good graces. I just don't want to honor the guy in Green Bay if he expects us to just completely ignore everything he's done and walk into Green Bay like nothing's happened.

Exactly. I didn't even say "apology". Just admitting that he understands why Packer fans may be rightfully peeved.

He went to MN out of spite. I think he wanted out of GB before he "retired" as well because McCarthy held him accountable which was something Sherman never did. He didn't go because he wanted to get back at "someone who didn't think he could play". That was never an issue. He wanted revenge simply because someone told him "No, you don't get whatever you want just because you are Brett Favre". It was petty and vindictive and you can't "stick it to the Packers" without giving a big ole middle finger to the fans as well.

As long as he acts like that was no big deal and it wasn't a supreme jerk move, he can DIAF for all I care.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
He went to Minnesota to get back at the guys who didn't think he could play anymore.

Who thought he couldn't play anymore? Where is that coming from?

Reading this, you would think Brett was set to come back and GB told him "hey, you're old and washed up, we're going with Rodgers."
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some day I will make Epic Bread about why Favre ended up where he did.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ Favre not doing anything wrong.

Wow Laughing
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
He went to Minnesota to get back at the guys who didn't think he could play anymore.

Who thought he couldn't play anymore? Where is that coming from?

Reading this, you would think Brett was set to come back and GB told him "hey, you're old and washed up, we're going with Rodgers."
No kidding. Dude tried to make himself bigger than the team and he got away with it until he retired and we gave Rodgers our word that he was our starter. He got sour because we wouldn't go back on our word to Aaron and when we wouldn't hand him the starting job on a silver platter he set out to get back at at the Green Bay organization because they quit pampering him. Pathetic.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I'm just thankful the people that were in control of the Packers at the time had the balls, unlike 60% of the fans at the time, to tell Favre no. It is quite obvious in 2008 we weren't going to go anywhere thanks to the worst 4th Q defense I've ever witnessed as a Packer fan and 2009 was going to be an adjustment year either way. As much as everyone complains about the defense now, 2008 and parts of 2009 they were much worse. It was time to make the switch and Thompson, and most of all McCarthy saw that.

He wanted to go to Minnesota to "prove" something and weaseled his way out of NY to do so. Funny thing is, if he stayed in New Yorks there is a chance he has the same caliber season he did in Minnesota because the Jets were VERY good that year(had a better defense than Minnesota as well). I think with the Jets he wins the super bowl to be quite honest in 2009.

Favre choked enough in his last decade as a Packer for me to say that I wanted to move on from him after the 2005/2006 season. I couldn't stomach watching him toss up picks anymore after that. I only really hated him when he was on the Vikings though and I honestly don't want an apology because I don't care. The Packers upgraded QB while Favre choked his last chance away at a Superb Owl.

edit- remember when the Packers invited him back to be apart of Holmgren's Packer Hall of Fame induction and he said no? Who seems more [inappropriate/removed] in this whole situation?

Sig brought to you by Justo

Last edited by ugLymayNe on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre will forever be a Viking to majority of us until we get what we consider is the truth and reconciliation.

There are some who remember him as the teammate toting loveable guy, but others remember him as the back-stabbing, vindictive quarterback looking to get back at the organization that hindered his "big moment" into retirement.

Pick apart any bit you'd like... yet there's no possible way that each and every fan, or teammate, will feel like the situation was handled correctly or justified by either side.

Give it 30 years and come back when the next generation of Packer fans are ready to deal with it.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Screw Favre, Heyward got robbed, a linebacker making a bunch of tackles, never seen that before from a rookie. I dunno, I am sure I have to watch more of him, but six picks from Heyward and a bunch of pass defenses.
He got drafted high and made a ton of tackles, screw whoever was better, give it to the bulk stats. I also learned from Panther fans that Hayward didn't deserve to be in the conversation because our INT totals went down from last year, so our defense was worse.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many people appologize for acting like a baby back b****
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would everyone love Favre again if he came out and sang this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLmYLw0WRI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, we won a SB in 10, Favre failed in 09. No harm, no foul. It's been years and I accept Favre for who he is, he hasn't apologized and he probably won't ever.

He rebuilt GB from the ruins it was left in in the 70s-80s. He brought a lombardi to GB, not to Min. So I can't be mad forever.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Bean wrote:
Meh, we won a SB in 10, Favre failed in 09. No harm, no foul. It's been years and I accept Favre for who he is, he hasn't apologized and he probably won't ever.

He rebuilt GB from the ruins it was left in in the 70s-80s. He brought a lombardi to GB, not to Min. So I can't be mad forever.

You're right. Attempted murderers shouldn't be locked up for just attempting to murder someone.

After all, no harm, no foul.

Let me just add- I have no emotional attachment to this situation for all the people that will respond, "Get over it".

I feel very calm and rational about it. I would actually argue that the people who just want to "forgive and forget" are just turning a blind eye and looking at things they want to remember, but not exactly how they happened.
persiandud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still being mad at Brett.

Grow up, people. The man made his mistakes. I'm not about to forget all my favorite childhood memories of him because of his last 3 years. I grew up watching the guy play and he was the one who made me bleed green and gold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: