Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Honors awards show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why time passing should make it any more forgivable. He has to apologize to the fans and the organization, plain and simple. Because yes, he does have things to apologize for, and I'm not sure how that's debatable.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Favre has nothing to apologize for, especially to fans like you who cant move on.

If you cant get past the business aspect of his decisions and the $30-$40 million dollars that he made to play a game he loved playing, I feel bad for you for being so unwilling to forget and move on. The Packers made the right decision to move on, but why should Favre be blasted for wanting to move on as well. Why should he have forced early retirement on himself to appease Packer fans? He played some real good football in 2009 and made a boat load of money.

Favre retired on his own, what are you talking about? If he had never retired and simply came back for another year, he would've been the starter..

To say he has nothing to apology for is totally, completely, 100 percent laughable. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Saying he wants to "stick it" to the Packers GM and manipulating the Jets to get himself to the Vikings so he could beat GB?

He wasn't wronged by the Packers. He screwed himself with his retirement song and dance. Can we please take a moment to appreciate how Donald Driver just retired?

Can we also please look at all of the things we know he's done wrong just as a human being? I don't think we're necessarily talking about a total stand up guy here.

Get over it already. The guy decided he wanted to play again, he wasn't gonna start here so he wanted out.

This is the same logic of a guy in FA staying with his first team. If he does cool, but he doesn't actually OWE anything to that team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I just don't understand why time passing should make it any more forgivable. He has to apologize to the fans and the organization, plain and simple. Because yes, he does have things to apologize for, and I'm not sure how that's debatable.

He has nothing to apologize for. He wanted to to play and GB wouldn't play him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Get over it already. The guy decided he wanted to play again, he wasn't gonna start here so he wanted out.

This is the same logic of a guy in FA staying with his first team. If he does cool, but he doesn't actually OWE anything to that team.

If he never retired, he would have been the starter. Unless you're disagreeing with that, then we can agree that Brett did this himself. He forced the Packers to move on.

This isn't the same logic at all, I'm confused at the comparison. Brett was under contract, he was the starter, and he RETIRED. As in, done with football, not coming back, his team needs to replace him.

If the Packers had actually done something wrong, I'd be so much more understanding. But they didn't, and I'm not sure why I have to get over any of the crap he pulled.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been five years and yet another Favre debate has begun to unravel... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

If he never retired, he would have been the starter. Unless you're disagreeing with that, then we can agree that Brett did this himself. He forced the Packers to move on.

This isn't the same logic at all, I'm confused at the comparison. Brett was under contract, he was the starter, and he RETIRED. As in, done with football, not coming back, his team needs to replace him.

If the Packers had actually done something wrong, I'd be so much more understanding. But they didn't, and I'm not sure why I have to get over any of the crap he pulled.

The Packers didn't do anything wrong. Brett didn't either, IMO. He decided he wanted to play, and GB didn't want him anymore. He made like 50M dollars from the last 3 years. Talk about legacy all you want, but it's a business.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

The Packers didn't do anything wrong. Brett didn't either, IMO. He decided he wanted to play, and GB didn't want him anymore. He made like 50M dollars from the last 3 years. Talk about legacy all you want, but it's a business.

Alright, I almost want to end it here, but I'll give it one more try.

Brett had the opportunity to play, he opted to retire. Later that month when he was having second thoughts, he met with GB about coming back. He backed out of that meeting. (I forgot about this, but it's here if you want to look.) The Packers didn't even have to do that, but they did.

At that point, IMO, Brett just ended any chance he had at playing for the Packers. Right? Two chances, and he turned them both down.

Now everything goes in motion and eventually he ends up in Minnesota, publicly states part of him coming back was sticking it to TT. I view that as wrong. If you want to stick it to the GM of my favorite team after the door was wide open for you to return, I'm going to dislike you. Now you're telling me I need to get over it, and that he did nothing wrong. You can read this and honestly still say that?

We can agree to disagree after this, that's fine. If you want to forgive and forget, I don't agree, but you can do that. I just don't like hearing that I need to get over it and move on. He hasn't given me a reason to.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Agreed. The notion that we should just wake up one morning and decide that it has been "long enough" is crazy. The guy had 1 reason and 1 reason only for going to MN and that was to "get back" at us for stopping his dog and pony act in Green Bay. And if he cant admit that and apologize l, I have no reason to even acknowledge his existence.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Favre, Heyward got robbed, a linebacker making a bunch of tackles, never seen that before from a rookie. I dunno, I am sure I have to watch more of him, but six picks from Heyward and a bunch of pass defenses.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Agreed. The notion that we should just wake up one morning and decide that it has been "long enough" is crazy. The guy had 1 reason and 1 reason only for going to MN and that was to "get back" at us for stopping his dog and pony act in Green Bay. And if he cant admit that and apologize l, I have no reason to even acknowledge his existence.
One reason and one reason only? That's just stupid. Are really going to sit there and tell me that it had absolutely nothing to do with the money or the championship he almost won?

Listen, I'm not going to tell anyone to get over it. If you want to keep hating him that's your business. But me, I moved on. I forgave him. I forgave him because its was easier to forgive then to keep hating him. I forgave him so I could enjoy seeing one of the greatest Packers of all time on NFLN and enjoy moment like last night.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Well, might as well open this can of worms again. It's the offseason.

1 - I hope Aaron still hates the guy. He has every right to. The way I see it, everyone was laughing but Aaron meant every word he said up there. Laughing

2 - I don't see why any of us should think Brett deserves any sort of reconciliation. Has he apologized for anything? To us, the fans, specifically? I won't even consider forgiving that clown until he asks for it. If you want to say "he doesn't owe anything to us", well fine, then I don't owe him anything either. He's a jackass.

I'm fully with you. I don't believe in forgiving people who don't acknowledge their mistakes. I'm big on second chances, but to get one, you have to admit you screwed up.

Unless/Until Favre does, he's dead to me.

I still don't see what Favre did wrong? Did I hate him on the Vikings? you bet, but we moved on to A-Rod (the correct move). The man is a HOF no doubt and someone (TT & MM) doubted his ability to play at a high level. You don't get that far in your career without taking pride in your craft and Favre certainly has that. I have no problem with Favre wanting to "stick" anything to TT or MM, they challenged his pride and as any competitor would do he set out to prove them wrong.

I do agree with you that he does need to open up to the organization and fans of this team, but I don't think he needs to admit any wrong-doing. Just try to reconcile a little bit from the hostile feelings both share.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
One reason and one reason only? That's just stupid. Are really going to sit there and tell me that it had absolutely nothing to do with the money or the championship he almost won?

Listen, I'm not going to tell anyone to get over it. If you want to keep hating him that's your business. But me, I moved on. I forgave him. I forgave him because its was easier to forgive then to keep hating him. I forgave him so I could enjoy seeing one of the greatest Packers of all time on NFLN and enjoy moment like last night.
He didn't have enough money? There was 1 reason he went to the Vikings. That was the ultimate sign of disrespect and he hasn't apologized and so I have no reason to forgive. Simple as that, in my book he is still a Viking.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

He didn't have enough money? There was 1 reason he went to the Vikings. That was the ultimate sign of disrespect and he hasn't apologized and so I have no reason to forgive. Simple as that, in my book he is still a Viking.

He went to Minnesota to get back at the guys who didn't think he could play anymore. We have such a sensitive fan base, geeze. I would've done the same thing, we get transfers here at UWO all the time from guys who were cut from other conference schools, they want nothing more than to play their old team, beat them and prove them wrong. Its human nature to want to triumph over your doubters, yet everyone here needs an apology for it? Please haha. TT made the right move, but if he brings Favre back, he retires a Packer, simple as that, the guy left cause he wasnt wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Well, might as well open this can of worms again. It's the offseason.

1 - I hope Aaron still hates the guy. He has every right to. The way I see it, everyone was laughing but Aaron meant every word he said up there. Laughing

2 - I don't see why any of us should think Brett deserves any sort of reconciliation. Has he apologized for anything? To us, the fans, specifically? I won't even consider forgiving that clown until he asks for it. If you want to say "he doesn't owe anything to us", well fine, then I don't owe him anything either. He's a jackass.

I'm fully with you. I don't believe in forgiving people who don't acknowledge their mistakes. I'm big on second chances, but to get one, you have to admit you screwed up.

Unless/Until Favre does, he's dead to me.

I still don't see what Favre did wrong? Did I hate him on the Vikings? you bet, but we moved on to A-Rod (the correct move). The man is a HOF no doubt and someone (TT & MM) doubted his ability to play at a high level. You don't get that far in your career without taking pride in your craft and Favre certainly has that. I have no problem with Favre wanting to "stick" anything to TT or MM, they challenged his pride and as any competitor would do he set out to prove them wrong.

I do agree with you that he does need to open up to the organization and fans of this team, but I don't think he needs to admit any wrong-doing. Just try to reconcile a little bit from the hostile feelings both share.

I don't think TT or MM doubted his ability to play at a high level or they wouldn't have tried to keep him out of MN! They used Favre's "retirement" as an opening to go with Rodgers who was more than ready to start. But things truly went south when Brett wanted to play again. Favre wanted to go to MN because he wanted to go to a team with an offense he was familiar with and a team that had a chance for him to win. MM and TT didn't want #4 in this division. Favre's desire to stick it to TT came about when we wouldn't give him his unconditional release.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved watching Favre play and I feel bad on how he left, but he put Green Bay in an impossible position. Once TT and MM flew down to talk Favre out of retirement and he refused they had to move on from there. It didn't matter that he changed his mind after that - it was over and should have been over. No hard feelings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: