Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Honors awards show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
for those asking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5eJEgQKeE&feature=youtu.be

Laughing x 1000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
for those asking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5eJEgQKeE&feature=youtu.be
Love it! Love it! Love it! Seriously was awesome to see them up on stage and together like that. 2 of the top 3 QB's in our franchise's history that just so happened to go back to back in being the leaders of our ball club. IMO, and i may be in the minority here, it's important for them to do stuff like this. Like Manning said, it's good for the game of football and especially for the Packers. Hopefully it leads to more and hopefully, sooner then later, we see Favre and Rodgers in the middle of our field shaking hands after Favre has his number retired and before Rodgers is about to rip the rock like he always does.

Kempes on the custom sig!
justo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low key I think that was a huge moment
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, might as well open this can of worms again. It's the offseason.

1 - I hope Aaron still hates the guy. He has every right to. The way I see it, everyone was laughing but Aaron meant every word he said up there. Laughing

2 - I don't see why any of us should think Brett deserves any sort of reconciliation. Has he apologized for anything? To us, the fans, specifically? I won't even consider forgiving that clown until he asks for it. If you want to say "he doesn't owe anything to us", well fine, then I don't owe him anything either. He's a jackass.
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

1 - I hope Aaron still hates the guy. He has every right to. The way I see it, everyone was laughing but Aaron meant every word he said up there. Laughing

2 - I don't see why any of us should think Brett deserves any sort of reconciliation. Has he apologized for anything? To us, the fans, specifically? I won't even consider forgiving that clown until he asks for it. If you want to say "he doesn't owe anything to us", well fine, then I don't owe him anything either. He's a jackass.

*Shaking my head*
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I might be in the minority, too, here, but Favre is a human being. Hell yes, I hated him when he played for Minnesota. That stung like hell. But he's a damn good player and was one of the most influential players not only in league history but franchise history.

Was it the right move to let him go? Yes. But it's 2012 now, folks, and this disdain toward him is childish. Let it go.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

I'm fully with you. I don't believe in forgiving people who don't acknowledge their mistakes. I'm big on second chances, but to get one, you have to admit you screwed up.

Unless/Until Favre does, he's dead to me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
But it's 2012 now
CentralFC is stuck in a time vortex..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I guess I might be in the minority, too, here, but Favre is a human being. Hell yes, I hated him when he played for Minnesota. That stung like hell. But he's a damn good player and was one of the most influential players not only in league history but franchise history.

Was it the right move to let him go? Yes. But it's 2012 now, folks, and this disdain toward him is childish. Let it go.
I wouldn't call it childish but i agree 100%. Some people love to hate the guy after what transpired between player and team. I made a choice to forgive him and start to enjoy what he did for this team and especially enjoy moments like the one on the Honors show tonight. I'll never forget what happened and the messiness of how it went down but i decided a while ago to simply forgive it. Some people will find it way harder to do such a thing and it's understandable to a point.

Kempes on the custom sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
But it's 2012 now
CentralFC is stuck in a time vortex..

I've been writing 2012 on my homework and exams for a month now.

Mad
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't Rodgers and Favre both listed at 6'2? But Favre looked to be taller than Rodgers. It could be the shoes, but I just don't know. I didn't see Manning stand next to either of them to gauge correctly. But doesn't Brett look taller?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Favre has nothing to apologize for, especially to fans like you who cant move on.

If you cant get past the business aspect of his decisions and the $30-$40 million dollars that he made to play a game he loved playing, I feel bad for you for being so unwilling to forget and move on. The Packers made the right decision to move on, but why should Favre be blasted for wanting to move on as well. Why should he have forced early retirement on himself to appease Packer fans? He played some real good football in 2009 and made a boat load of money.

I'd suggest you appreciate the good memories that you have, and not let a couple of seasons completely mess that all up. So what if he played for a rival. If you're expecting an apology, you're surely going to remain disappointed because it wont happen as he doesnt have anything to apologize for.

Overall, this was a good moment for the Packers and the NFL, seeing Favre and Rodgers poking fun with the situation. It will go a long way to mending fences. Most reasonable and unbias fans will agree, that its good for the game to see Rodgers and Favre attempting to resolve any issues, and it would be good for the Packers to eventually honor Favre properly for the legacy that he did create as a Packer.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Favre has nothing to apologize for, especially to fans like you who cant move on.

If you cant get past the business aspect of his decisions and the $30-$40 million dollars that he made to play a game he loved playing, I feel bad for you for being so unwilling to forget and move on. The Packers made the right decision to move on, but why should Favre be blasted for wanting to move on as well. Why should he have forced early retirement on himself to appease Packer fans? He played some real good football in 2009 and made a boat load of money.

I'd suggest you appreciate the good memories that you have, and not let a couple of seasons completely mess that all up. So what if he played for a rival. If you're expecting an apology, you're surely going to remain disappointed because it wont happen as he doesnt have anything to apologize for.

Overall, this was a good moment for the Packers and the NFL, seeing Favre and Rodgers poking fun with the situation. It will go a long way to mending fences. Most reasonable and unbias fans will agree, that its good for the game to see Rodgers and Favre attempting to resolve any issues, and it would be good for the Packers to eventually honor Favre properly for the legacy that he did create as a Packer.

You're wrong.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

It's childish?

Tell me what he's done that should make me forgive him and move on. All of HIS actions were childish.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Favre retired on his own, what are you talking about? If he had never retired and simply came back for another year, he would've been the starter..

To say he has nothing to apology for is totally, completely, 100 percent laughable. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Saying he wants to "stick it" to the Packers GM and manipulating the Jets to get himself to the Vikings so he could beat GB?

He wasn't wronged by the Packers. He screwed himself with his retirement song and dance. Can we please take a moment to appreciate how Donald Driver just retired?

Can we also please look at all of the things we know he's done wrong just as a human being? I don't think we're necessarily talking about a total stand up guy here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: