Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Warren Sapp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3651
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Warren Sapp Reply with quote

Just made the HOF, he played in Oakland 4 years. I know he has a big mouth but he was a Raiders at one point.

Thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20305
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Brown not even in final 10. Confused

Warren can suck a fat one. He and Hall are my most hated Raiders.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.


Last edited by RaiderX on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2074
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lacked heart in Oakland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3624
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Tim Brown not in.

Warren can suck a fat one. He and Hall are my most hated Raiders.


Yup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32526
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Tim Brown not even in final 10. Confused

Warren can suck a fat one. He and Hall are my most hated Raiders.


They're up there but Russell and McClain are higher for me. Bill Romo too. I'll always hate that guy.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
La_Vader


Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 182
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wth with tim brown
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
early43


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 1078
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I was just making thread about this but thought to double check and make sure I wasn't doubling up on the topic...

My feelings are complete disgust and sadness...

Disgust because of the fact that its gotten to this point that sports writers are voting in undeserving players. Sapp is and will always be a one trick, scheme limited players. Hes a Tampa-2, penetrating DT. I don't want to discredit what he accomplished throughout his career but IMO, the HOF is for the elites elite. Players that can play in any scheme, any era, any team. Players that are elite at all phases of the game, not just one aspect. Sapp was elite pass rusher, he was not an elite DT in terms of HOF'ers. I understand his stats are probably better than most DT in the HOF, but the guy was above-average at best when it came to run defense. People are probably going to compare him to John Randle as an example but its a moot comparison because John Randle was a great run defender as well as being a elite pass rusher from his position.

The same reason Kevin Green isn't getting voted in should have carried over to Sapp IMO.


Saddnes because I feel for Tim Brown. How can you say Cris Carter is worthy but not Tim Brown when they have almost identical careers in terms of stats/accolades? Same thing goes for Will Shields vs Larry Allen IMO. Almost identical players in terms of career accomplishments, minus SB rings obviously, but according to the Peter Kings of the world, one was worthy over the other... Just makes no sense to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20305
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Tim Brown not even in final 10. Confused

Warren can suck a fat one. He and Hall are my most hated Raiders.


They're up there but Russell and McClain are higher for me. Bill Romo too. I'll always hate that guy.


I should have said before they actually played. Guys I never wanted as Raiders.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3651
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Tim Brown not even in final 10. Confused

Warren can suck a fat one. He and Hall are my most hated Raiders.


They're up there but Russell and McClain are higher for me. Bill Romo too. I'll always hate that guy.


I should have said before they actually played. Guys I never wanted as Raiders.


Warren Sapp and Hall simply did not fit Al Davis's system. And in alot of cases we made them look ordinary or even bad, playing Sapp at 5tech and not winning more than 4 games then giving D.Hall 50 mill to play man D when he was clearly a zone guy?

They got pissed off that we were wasting there talent similar to Randy Moss and now Seymour. Many times we acquired players that were top 15 in there position and turned them into bottom ten players because Al defensive system was inflexible similar to Knapp last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3651
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
lol I was just making thread about this but thought to double check and make sure I wasn't doubling up on the topic...

My feelings are complete disgust and sadness...

Disgust because of the fact that its gotten to this point that sports writers are voting in undeserving players. Sapp is and will always be a one trick, scheme limited players. Hes a Tampa-2, penetrating DT. I don't want to discredit what he accomplished throughout his career but IMO, the HOF is for the elites elite. Players that can play in any scheme, any era, any team.
Really is Joe Montana HOF in a vertical system? How can you say that?

Players that are elite at all phases of the game, not just one aspect. Sapp was elite pass rusher, he was not an elite DT in terms of HOF'ers. I understand his stats are probably better than most DT in the HOF, but the guy was above-average at best when it came to run defense. People are probably going to compare him to John Randle as an example but its a moot comparison because John Randle was a great run defender as well as being a elite pass rusher from his position.

The same reason Kevin Green isn't getting voted in should have carried over to Sapp IMO.


Saddnes because I feel for Tim Brown. How can you say Cris Carter is worthy but not Tim Brown when they have almost identical careers in terms of stats/accolades? Same thing goes for Will Shields vs Larry Allen IMO. Almost identical players in terms of career accomplishments, minus SB rings obviously, but according to the Peter Kings of the world, one was worthy over the other... Just makes no sense to be.


Sapp was perhaps the best penetrating DT all-time, has a 3 tech ever gotten 16.5 sacks in a season on one of the best defenses of alltime? Sapp was a game changer and the best DT in the NFL hands down for about 3 seasons which is usually what HOF voters look for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11774
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit Al's system? Sapp just didn't care and Hall has sucked on every team he's ever been on. It's just lacking talent for Hall.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10887
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Sapp.

With a red hot poker. Evil or Very Mad
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3651
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Fit Al's system? Sapp just didn't care and Hall has sucked on every team he's ever been on. It's just lacking talent for Hall.
Well they don't put people in the hall of fame based on emotions, it's about production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11774
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Fit Al's system? Sapp just didn't care and Hall has sucked on every team he's ever been on. It's just lacking talent for Hall.
Well they don't put people in the hall of fame based on emotions, it's about production.


I don't disagree w/ Sapp getting in. He most certainly deserves it.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone_Collector


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 563
Location: So. Cal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Tim Brown? Rolling Eyes
_________________


Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group