Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL announces 2013 HOF class: Carter, Sapp, Parcells...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
It was an excellent post. But your argument for his inclusion isnt a strong one. Not as strong as I think you think it is.

Bettis may get in eventually. But I probably wont agree with it if it happens. Judging by the cuyrrent state of affairs there will always be players more deserving.

I have no problem with this line of thinking, but answer me this...do you think Curtis Martin should get in?

I like Curtis Martin, dont get me wrong, but it annoys me when people say he should get in but Bettis isnt even close. Not even so much that people put Martin in over Bettis....just that some people act like Martin was much better when he wasnt.

No. I dont think Martin should be in. There are way more deserving players still waiting to get in.

CK on the sig
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Sapp got in, but props to Carter.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:

Honestly, what is surprising about him getting in? He's the epitome of a HoF player. And makes a strong case for 1st ballot.

CK on the sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wonder what criminal act Kevin Greene must have committed to one of the voters for him to still not be in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I still wonder what criminal act Kevin Greene must have committed to one of the voters for him to still not be in.

Being terrible in run support apparently.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
You would think the 3rd all time leader in sacks would be able to get into the HoF.. Would have selected him and Strahan over Tuna.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Shields should have gotten in but I understand with the two other Olinemen that he's gonna have to wait a year.

Made up for it with Curley Culp though.Very Happy now this is a guy who revolutionized the game, wasn't around to watch him play but he created the 34 NT position. Chiefs couldn't figure out how to use him, then Stram put him head-to-head with the center and the rest is history.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Will Shields should have gotten in but I understand with the two other Olinemen that he's gonna have to wait a year.

Made up for it with Curley Culp though.Very Happy now this is a guy who revolutionized the game, wasn't around to watch him play but he created the 34 NT position. Chiefs couldn't figure out how to use him, then Stram put him head-to-head with the center and the rest is history.

Man, that Chiefs D. Lanier, Bell, Culp, Buch, Thomas....

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:

Honestly, what is surprising about him getting in? He's the epitome of a HoF player. And makes a strong case for 1st ballot.

The timing of one being inducted is irrelevant since there isn't a hierarchy in the HOF. A HOF player is a HOF player. To suggest that someone deserves to be there, just "not as a 1st ballot" inductee is really, really stupid. It's not as if his numbers are going to improve from that year to the next. If he's a HOF player, then he should get in, period. The decision to induct a player should never be based on the 1st, 2nd, 40th, etc., year of eligibility because that undermines what the HOF is.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting good at picking these and Parcells was incorrect for the previous vote. Picked Brown instead of Carter this season.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Once Randle and Kennedy got in there, it was next going to be Sapp.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

The other great defensive player on the Oilers who I would also nominate for enshrinement is Brazile.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren Sapp's resume

4 First Team All-Pros
2 Second Team All-Pros
DPotY (1999)
NFL 1990s All-Decade Team
NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
The best player (tied with Derrick Brooks) on one of the greatest defenses of all time (02 Bucs)

And he has a Super Bowl ring for whatever that's worth as a DT. I don't see much room to contest him being in the hall of fame.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
You would think the 3rd all time leader in sacks would be able to get into the HoF.. Would have selected him and Strahan over Tuna.

There's no way he shouldn't be in when Andre Tippett has been in for what, three years now? It's kind of ridiculous. And Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis both shouldn't be in the Hall.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
It was an excellent post. But your argument for his inclusion isnt a strong one. Not as strong as I think you think it is.

Bettis may get in eventually. But I probably wont agree with it if it happens. Judging by the cuyrrent state of affairs there will always be players more deserving.

I have no problem with this line of thinking, but answer me this...do you think Curtis Martin should get in?

I like Curtis Martin, dont get me wrong, but it annoys me when people say he should get in but Bettis isnt even close. Not even so much that people put Martin in over Bettis....just that some people act like Martin was much better when he wasnt.

Bettis and Martin are almost the same back in my mind. Not playing style but definitly career. I'd have never voted for Martin to get in but at least he won a rushing title once in his career. I just don't see an argument for Bettis that overcomes the fact that he was never THE best in the league.

Yes I know that makes it ridiculously hard for running backs to get in but there is a huge difference between a Barry Sanders/Marshall Faulk and Bettis/Martin.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: