Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTER Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft/Signings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTER Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft/Signings Reply with quote

Key Resignings:

-DE Michael Bennett: 5 years 38.5 mill
-WR Michael Williams Extension: 5 years 37.5 mil
-TE Dallas Clark: 1 year 2 million
-CB EJ Biggers: 3 years 8.5 mil

Tender: RFAs:
-DE Daniel Teo Neisheim: 3rd round
-T Demar Dotson: 2nd Round

Cuts:
-Eric Wright CB: 7.25 mil
-Quincy Black LB: 6 Milion
-Michael Koenen P: 3.25

FA Aquisitions:
-CB Derek Cox : 4 years 20 mil
-CB Mike Jenkins: 3 years 12.5 mil
-DT Alan Branch: 4 years 18.5 mil
-LB Justin Durant: 2 years 5 mil
-QB Matt Moore: 1 year 3.5 mil

Summary/Analysis:

Quote:
Michael Bennett will probably be our biggest signing. He's solid against the run and as a pass rusher. I think Dallas Clark will be brought back. Not only because the TE pickings aren't really great, but because Clark offers veteran leadership to a mixture of young talent.

It was difficult to leave Roy miller off the resigning list, but hey, you can't keep everyone. Alan Branch offers an upgrade. He's a monster and can really help McCoy eat up blockers.

Cox and Jenkins are not elite CBs, but they're starters, to go along with bringing back EJ Biggers at the nickel. I think the FA market offers more than the draft class at CB and it's best to draft towards the strength of the draft.

Justin Durant offers us the typical replacement at SLB. Solid 2 down player thats good against the run.

I think Wright and Black are easy cap cut decisions. Koenen could be brought back with a re-negotiation of his contract. Koenen is blown up by many, but he's a punter and not even an all star all pro or pro bowler and he makes more money than guys who are better than him. He can be replaced. 3.25 mil is stupid to pay him.

Draft:

1st Round: Enzekial Ansah DE BYU

2nd Round: Trade up using our 2nd and 4th: Terrance Williams WR BYU

3rd Round: Travis Kelce TE Cincinatti

4th Round: Tharod Simon CB/FS LSU

5th Round: Damien Square DT Alabama

6th Round: Terrance Brown CB Stanford

7th Round: Alex Hurst T LSU

Quote:
I think the Draft, you have to draft BPA. 1st round, I think Ansuh is just too good of a talent to pass up. Clayborn had a pretty serious knee injury and not sure what type of player we'll get. Bowers has had a history of injuries so how much can we rely on him? Ansah ceiling is an All Pro DE. He's good against the run and his size, speed, strength, and athleticism is something that cannot be taught. No one could stop him at the Senior Bowl. I think it'd be foolish to pass on him and our new Scouting Director loves upside and big physical players.

2nd round: Terrance Williams, we give up New Englands pick to move up. He's a guy that I think can groom into a future starting WR and really give us 3 legit WR options. Reminds me a ton of Torrey Smith coming out. We can move all 3 WRs around, which can cause nightmares for opposing Defenses. 3rd round, we give Freeman another big athletic target in Travis Kelce. He can work his way into the lineup behind Clark and Stocker. May not make an immediate impact, but I like his future in the NFL.

Day 3 I like the value here. Simon is a big physical guy who can start as a CB but has the ball skills to be a ball hawking FS. Not sure if he'll step in right away, but I like Ahmad Black and Keith Tandy rotating to replace Barber. Damien Square played the 5 technique but at 290 lbs, he's got the strength and quickness to come in on pass rush situations. Terrance Brown is a developmental CB I like. Strong, big physical CB who can play man. May not be highly finely tuned, but I like his upside. Could definately compete. Alex Hurst provides depth at RT.

Overall: I like how we beef up our front 4. Our dline we can move everyone around here. Ansuh can play DT on pass rush situations and heck you can even stand him up and rush the passer. He's done it both ways at BYU.
BBando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we need T Williams if we are resigning M Williams?

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

Can you imagine the type of mismatches this would create? We all seem to forget. Jackson is 30 years old. He may only continue to produce at this level for 2-3 years anyways. Not saying this is strictly a future decision.

I just see the value of Williams too good not to have him. We want to continue to help Josh Freeman since we can't upgrade. Why not give him more weapons?

Todays NFL, it seems you need to have a good offense and solid defense. Williams/Williams/Jackson would be 3 WRs that you can all move outside and inside.

Jackson has lined up in the slot before. Can you imagine a #3 CB on Mike Williams and Jackson in certain aspects of the game? Even Terrance Williams? I think this move allows us to create mismatches.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

Word is Schiano(factor in this draft) love Terrance Williams and recruited him heavily. Spent an enormous amount of time with him at the senior bowl. And we need him bc after our starters our WR core is azz. Just a fact. I'd rather sign a nice WR FA but can't be mad if they took Williams. Mike W isn't a game breaker and VJ has 3 good seasons left if that
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
BBando wrote:

Word is Schiano(factor in this draft) love Terrance Williams and recruited him heavily. Spent an enormous amount of time with him at the senior bowl. And we need him bc after our starters our WR core is azz. Just a fact. I'd rather sign a nice WR FA but can't be mad if they took Williams. Mike W isn't a game breaker and VJ has 3 good seasons left if that

Yea i think this is the biggest point. Our coaching staff and decision makers seem to like this kid a lot. There has been a lot of chatter regarding how impressed we were with him after meeting with him at the Senior Bowl.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
BBando wrote:

Yea i think this is the biggest point. Our coaching staff and decision makers seem to like this kid a lot. There has been a lot of chatter regarding how impressed we were with him after meeting with him at the Senior Bowl.

That doesn't mean anything, and we need starters at other positions before we start addressing depth at positions... we could get a WR in the 4th-5th round with some potential that could play slot for now, I'd rather not use the 1st round pick for a slot guy... Vincent Jackson still has plenty of years left
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one said anything of a 1st rd pick, and this fan base sickens me with this " oh we have positions to fill". Dude outside Martin nicks dj VJ penn/McCoy David ac Barron everyone's job is replaceable. Understand that. This mindset has to stop.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
No one said anything of a 1st rd pick, and this fan base sickens me with this " oh we have positions to fill". Dude outside Martin nicks dj VJ penn/McCoy David ac Barron everyone's job is replaceable. Understand that. This mindset has to stop.

150% agree. So many people say "We don't need him". Dude, adding a playmaker of T. Williams caliber would really utilize more mismatches on offense.

When you go into the draft, you draft the Best player available. No if ands or buts about it. That is why Baltimore is where they are year after year. Pittsburgh (although they are rebuilding).

When you are in the midst of building, you look towards the strength of the draft. Eric Stukes has said he likes the DL, WR/TE, and OL. Didn't hear much raving about the Secondary which makes you think, it's not a strong class to take 1st round. Milliner might be worth a top 15 pick, who will get picked higher. But to reach on guys like Rhodes or Banks in round 1 at 13, when we didn't like Morris Claiborne, what makes you think we want Banks or Rhodes when Claiborne is a much better prospect?

Fill needs in FA. Draft to the strength of the draft. It's about value, not need.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the way I saw our team last year:

- An offense that struggled to sustain drives.
- An offense that had too many FGs when they should have scored TDs.

On Defense:
- A dline that was light depth wise and could not consistently rush the passer.
- A secondary that struggled to cover.

QBs had too much time to find WRs on 3rd down. That says our dline was a weakness in the pass rush. Why not strengthen that? No one has done anything not to be replaced. Clayborn, Bowers? You talk potential. Thats it.

A strong dline can make a sold secondary better than it is.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A secondary that 'struggled' to cover is putting it very lightly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

You think I care one bit about anything you have to say? Your opinion is completely worthless to me, i was replying to the other post. Believe me I wish nothing more than for you to just delete your account from this website so I don't have to read anymore of your worthless ramblings
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

150% agree. So many people say "We don't need him". Dude, adding a playmaker of T. Williams caliber would really utilize more mismatches on offense.

When you go into the draft, you draft the Best player available. No if ands or buts about it. That is why Baltimore is where they are year after year. Pittsburgh (although they are rebuilding).

When you are in the midst of building, you look towards the strength of the draft. Eric Stukes has said he likes the DL, WR/TE, and OL. Didn't hear much raving about the Secondary which makes you think, it's not a strong class to take 1st round. Milliner might be worth a top 15 pick, who will get picked higher. But to reach on guys like Rhodes or Banks in round 1 at 13, when we didn't like Morris Claiborne, what makes you think we want Banks or Rhodes when Claiborne is a much better prospect?

Fill needs in FA. Draft to the strength of the draft. It's about value, not need.

Yeah we don't need him
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
A secondary that 'struggled' to cover is putting it very lightly.

Any team that fails to pressure the QB, will make an all pro secondary look average.

Yet, a dominate dline can make a weak secondary look average. See the Atlanta game. We need to continue to build.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
No one has done anything not to be replaced. Clayborn, Bowers? You talk potential. Thats it.

"Potential that's it"... really? Clayborn getting 7.5 sacks as a rookie with McCoy basically being out the year and no other interior threat to take some pressure off of him wasn't impressive?

Bowers has shown he can be very solid against the run and is able to get to the qb now and again while getting limited snaps. He is backing up Bennett anywho so I love what Bowers brings.

I am not saying our group is lights out but overall a very talented group. I am down for sure to grab a rush tackle and wouldn't be mad with adding a speed guy through the draft or fa but I would be pissed if we went end forcing Clayborn to rotate in. I am not giving up on him this early.

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
No one has done anything not to be replaced. Clayborn, Bowers? You talk potential. Thats it.

"Potential that's it"... really? Clayborn getting 7.5 sacks as a rookie with McCoy basically being out the year and no other interior threat to take some pressure off of him wasn't impressive?

Bowers has shown he can be very solid against the run and is able to get to the qb now and again while getting limited snaps. He is backing up Bennett anywho so I love what Bowers brings.

I am not saying our group is lights out but overall a very talented group. I am down for sure to grab a rush tackle and wouldn't be mad with adding a speed guy through the draft or fa but I would be pissed if we went end forcing Clayborn to rotate in. I am not giving up on him this early.

Can't beat the facts: Been bottom 5 in the league in rushing the passer the last 5 years now.

Clayborn is coming off a knee injury and how much can you count on Bowers to consistently stay healthy?

When you're building a defense, it all starts up front. If your front 4 isn't getting after the QB, the entire defense is going to suffer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: