Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ted Thompson Draft Chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GreenMeansGo


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Thompson Draft Picks
qty
12 16.0%SEC
10 13.3%FCS & DIV 2
9 12.0%ACC
9 12.0%PAC12
8 10.7%BIG10
8 10.7%BIG12
6 8.0% MNT WEST
5 6.7% BIG EAST
3 4.0% MAC
2 2.7% WAC
2 2.7% CONF USA
1 1.3% INDPENDENT
0 0.0% SUN BELT
75
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GreenMeansGo


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GreenMeansGo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Phase 1: Own 5th round draft picks, Phase 2: ???, Phase 3: Profit.


What?
According to the one chart TT is 83% in the 5th, the highest percentage of any of our draft rounds. Round 5 is money.


Pretty sure that was the percentage of players on offense or defense for that round. It was 83% offensive positions taken in that round.


Yeah 83% was offense that round
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 6816
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Ted hasn't drafted any WR in the first three rounds that has busted (6/6).
Terrance Murphy?

Does not count! He had a neck injury in like his 5th game and looked good before then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 1592
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
He drafted 5 guards? I recall Will Whitticker & Jason Spitz. Who am I missing?

[edit] I see Sitton, Babre, Colledge and Moll listed at G on the NFL site. But I'm pretty sure they were all tackles in college. If Perry is a DE, they should be tackles.

I did forget Schlauderaff and Junius Coston completely.


We'll forgive you this time.
_________________
McThreadski wrote:

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathstar


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 487
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find extremely interesting are the weights of our 1st round picks. Check this out..

1. Rodgers - 222.
2. Hawk - 250.
3. Harrell - 320.
4. Raji - 337.
5. Matthews - 245.
6. Bulaga - 310.
7. Sherrod - 321.
8. Perry - 270.

For an average of 284 lbs. Take out Rodgers and Matthews - two seemingly hall of fame talents - and that average jumps to over 300 lbs.

Anytime I see a mock that projects a safety, wide receiver, or running back to us in the first round I think about this. Thompson seems to value big bodies who move well with his premium picks.
_________________

2012 Adopt-a-Packer: Mike Daniels, #76. Career stats: 35 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 1 TD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 8601
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Ted hasn't drafted any WR in the first three rounds that has busted (6/6).
Terrance Murphy?

Does not count! He had a neck injury in like his 5th game and looked good before then.


Was Justin Harrell a bust?
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 6816
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Ted hasn't drafted any WR in the first three rounds that has busted (6/6).
Terrance Murphy?

Does not count! He had a neck injury in like his 5th game and looked good before then.


Was Justin Harrell a bust?

Totally different situations. Harrell had the red flags coming out. It was reasonable to believe he would have injury issues throughout his career. Terrence Murphy had no prior injuries to believe he'd have a career ender. It wasn't a bad pick, it was completely luck that the pick didn't work out. Therefore, he's not counting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3018
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Ted hasn't drafted any WR in the first three rounds that has busted (6/6).
Terrance Murphy?

Does not count! He had a neck injury in like his 5th game and looked good before then.


Was Justin Harrell a bust?

Totally different situations. Harrell had the red flags coming out. It was reasonable to believe he would have injury issues throughout his career. Terrence Murphy had no prior injuries to believe he'd have a career ender. It wasn't a bad pick, it was completely luck that the pick didn't work out. Therefore, he's not counting.


Sorry, but I have to call BS on this. Harrell hurt a knee, and an ankle, and a bicep before becoming a pro, but that didn't have anything to do with why he couldn't play. What ended Harrell's career was a back injury (suffered in the weight room, IIRC) which isn't something that he had history of nor is it something that was exacerbated by his other injuries. It's not like you can look at a guy and say "well, this guy hurt his arm, his ankle, and his knee so his back is sure to go next."

Harrell's career ended due to a back injury, Murphy's career ended due to a neck injury. The difference? About two vertical feet.

If Harrell's a bust, then Murphy is a bust (a guy whose career was ended by an injury you could not forsee), and if Murphy isn't a bust then Harrell isn't either. I mean, the Packers got a lot more out of Justin Harrell than they did Terrence Murphy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 6816
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true. Some guys just get hurt way more often than others. If a guy seems to always be hurt--even if they all appear to be totally unrelated, you expect that player to be hurt.

Take Darren McFadden. His rookie year it was a toe. His second year he had "numerous injuries" that held him down. His third year it was a hamstring. Then an ankle. Then it's lisfranc.

He's played 13, 12, 13, 7, and 12 games in his first 5 seasons. If DMC blows out his back and never plays again is anyone going to be surprised? No. If Nick Collins gets tapped on the head and his career is over is it a surprise? Yes. Same premise except coming out of college.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3018
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Not true. Some guys just get hurt way more often than others. If a guy seems to always be hurt--even if they all appear to be totally unrelated, you expect that player to be hurt.

Take Darren McFadden. His rookie year it was a toe. His second year he had "numerous injuries" that held him down. His third year it was a hamstring. Then an ankle. Then it's lisfranc.

He's played 13, 12, 13, 7, and 12 games in his first 5 seasons. If DMC blows out his back and never plays again is anyone going to be surprised? No. If Nick Collins gets tapped on the head and his career is over is it a surprise? Yes. Same premise except coming out of college.


I think you're mistaking "durability" (which is a real thing) for "injury prone" (which is not a thing). If you're 5'9" and 180 lbs and you take a lot of hits, then you're going to get hurt because you're reliably going to be hit by people bigger than you are who have bad intentions as far as you're concerned.

If you're a 6'4" 300 lb wall of humanity, you're not going to get hurt for the reasons that McFadden and his skinny legs get hurt, you're going to get hurt for the same reasons that everybody gets hurt.

I mean, Harrell got injured in the weight room. Is there a player in the NFL who is immune to exertion injuries while lifting? There is not. There's no human being on earth who is immune to injurying him or herself while training. Arm and leg injuries do not contribute to the rate of core injuries.

If Harrell's career ended because his knee exploded, and he had a history of knee injuries then you would have a point. But there's no correlation between "you hurt your arm/leg" and "you subsequently hurt your back."

And without the back thing, I'm pretty confident Harrell would have been a player, just like how Murphy would have been a player without the neck thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group