Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which WR would you prefer
DeAndre Hopkins
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
DaRick Rogers
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Cordarrelle Patterson
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Brandon Gibson
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

Loomis50

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: WR Reply with quote

I like certain ones better than others I like Rogers the best
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused by the poll. If this is about rookie WRs...why not include the top 5 or 10? If this is about the Rams WRs, then why include the rookies?

Prospect talk should go in here:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=504080

If this is about which WR is the best on the Rams or which we should keep...probably should have all WRs lol.

Sorry, not trying to back-set mod...you're new.

But to answer the question, of those WRs, I choose Da'Rick Rogers or Hopkins.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot poll in General Draft discussion, however.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like patterson but I just feel like he has high bust potential.

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:

High risk high reward. He's one of the exceptions to my rule about drafting for potential. I still prefer Keenan Allen but Williams and Patterson are tied for 2nd.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

High risk high reward. He's one of the exceptions to my rule about drafting for potential. I still prefer Keenan Allen but Williams and Patterson are tied for 2nd.

I don't really understand why you rate Patterson at #2 then don't have Austin in your top 6?

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites are Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin and DeAndre Hopkins.
martiin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to select a WR from the draft my choice would be Keenan Allen.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I don't really understand why you rate Patterson at #2 then don't have Austin in your top 6?

Size. I will never put a slot WR into a top 5.

I love what he offers and would love to have him on the team, but there are 5 guys... Or more... That I would choose before him or any slot for that matter.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Size. I will never put a slot WR into a top 5.

I love what he offers and would love to have him on the team, but there are 5 guys... Or more... That I would choose before him or any slot for that matter.

That's a weak justification. And you did. Cordarrelle Patterson is a slot WR.

Sure, you can argue that he could play outside. I could say the same thing with Austin. But Patterson's skill-set best translates to the slot.

And with Patterson and Austin, you're talking about two extremely similar players. The big differences between the two are that Patterson is a few inches taller while Austin is faster and frankly, better at what both guys do...which is run with the football.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few inches? More like half a foot. Patterson may have started at the slot but he finished outside so thats what I base it off of and thats where he will play at the next level.

Like I said in the draft discussion and in other posts. There are about 10 WRs in this class (Austin included) that I would be thrilled to have so its not really a debate that im really passionate about. But with that being said Tavon Austin is not in my top 5.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with Patterson cause of his athleticism. I like Rogers a lot, he has had off the field issues though.

Patterson and Allen are the only two receivers I would draft in the first round.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
A few inches? More like half a foot. Patterson may have started at the slot but he finished outside so thats what I base it off of and thats where he will play at the next level.

Like I said in the draft discussion and in other posts. There are about 10 WRs in this class (Austin included) that I would be thrilled to have so its not really a debate that im really passionate about. But with that being said Tavon Austin is not in my top 5.

Patterson can play outside all he wants, his skill-set fits best in the slot.

He's not physical and he's not a guy known for going up and getting the football. His strength is catching the ball and running with it. That fits best in the slot.

Tavon Austin has the same ability to play outside that Patterson has. But you want Austin in the slot because it maximizes your opportunities to get the ball in his hands in space.

If I'm drafting Patterson, I'm utilizing him properly.

And yes, about 6 inches. But is 6 inches a fair trade off for a lesser player when they do the same thing?

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Patterson can play outside all he wants, his skill-set fits best in the slot.

He's not physical and he's not a guy known for going up and getting the football. His strength is catching the ball and running with it. That fits best in the slot.

Tavon Austin has the same ability to play outside that Patterson has. But you want Austin in the slot because it maximizes your opportunities to get the ball in his hands in space.

If I'm drafting Patterson, I'm utilizing him properly.

And yes, about 6 inches. But is 6 inches a fair trade off for a lesser player when they do the same thing?

6 inches... Size does matter Wink

Haha ok anyway, yes Patterson doesnt use his length as well as he could or should but he can be coached to use it where Austin has what he has. Patterson knows how to use his body to shield off defenders where Austin cant do that.

They can both play slot and both play outside but Patterson has more potential. God I hate that word.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

6 inches... Size does matter Wink

No, it doesn't. Size matters only if you use it. Steve Smith plays a lot bigger than Austin Pettis despite being 5 inches smaller. Which is the same discrepancy that you're looking at with Tavon and Patterson.

Quote:
Haha ok anyway, yes Patterson doesnt use his length as well as he could or should but he can be coached to use it where Austin has what he has. Patterson knows how to use his body to shield off defenders where Austin cant do that.

I hear this often...a lot of things "can" be coached theoretically but in most cases, it ends up that they couldn't actually be coached.

I have strong doubts that you can coach a guy to "use his size" properly because so much of it is mind-set, aggressiveness and physicality. Some guys have it, some guys don't. I mean, why haven't we coached Pettis to use his size?

And Austin can shield off defenders, seen him do it. It's certainly harder which is the one positive that Patterson does have with his bigger frame right now.

Quote:
They can both play slot and both play outside but Patterson has more potential. God I hate that word.

Potential is nice...but is that potential in spots where he can realistically reach it? I don't feel so confident about that. Both will improve their route running but I think looking at it, you gotta consider that both will probably be the same type of players that they are now. And in that context, Austin is more dangerous and better.

He simply is a more talented runner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: