Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Alex Smith trade rumors thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Alex plus our first, maybe one of our thirds, for KC's first and we take Star. How's that?

I wouldn't mind that as we are essentially giving up our 3rd round pick to jump 30 draft spots. However, VERY unlikely KC pulls the trigger on a deal like this one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
ESPN rumor central just had a spot on how Vick resigning will drive Alex's price up to possibly a 2nd rounder. They noted that Kolb fetched a 2nd rounder and a starting CB and Whitehurst and a second got a backup QB and second round pick. ESPN says Alex is better than both and should get us a 2nd round pick or multiple lower picks in return for him.

Neither of those guys started many games and had the element of upside. Maybe they're getting a franchise QB, a untapped gem, thats the teams thinking. Alex has about 80 starts so you know for the most part what you're getting, and he still has to prove he can be successful for an entire year outside of Harbaugh's system. I really doubt any team thinks they're trading for a 3 year starter, which means the value in picks should be less. But hey, you never know.

I'm hoping for a fourth realistically, but i'm also hoping a team gets desperate and gives us a 2nd.

Or you could look at it this way...

I'm a gm and my team is failing, my owner is breathing down my neck cuz I failed to secured a solid starting QB. I'm desparate and my team needs a legit starting QB. My options are slim this year and I don't value any QB in the draft to be my starter. Vick just resigned with the eagles and redskins aren't trading Cousins. I need to make sure I come away with good QB so I'm going to trade for Alex Smith before he hits the open market and his price tag rises.
yeah but most coaches/gms get more flexibility when they draft a guy vs a stopgap. If I'm a coach/gm who's pressured I'm going with a rook. Alex isn't saving any franchise.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Alex plus our first, maybe one of our thirds, for KC's first and we take Star. How's that?

I know it's not much to go by, but if you go by the draft value chart it makes Alex worth a top 3 pick. The Chiefs would get shafted here, I just can't see this happening. But if it did, great day for us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were running the show- and im not, I would trade Alex, our first round pick for jax 2014 1st round pick.

I dont feel jax would do anything next season thus giving us a top 5 pick in 2014 putting us in line for a jedaveon clowney or a marquis lee and several other potential starters.

we have soo many picks we can trade up and we are essentially trading only a late first for an early first

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
If I were running the show- and im not, I would trade Alex, our first round pick for jax 2014 1st round pick.

I dont feel jax would do anything next season thus giving us a top 5 pick in 2014 putting us in line for a jedaveon clowney or a marquis lee and several other potential starters.

we have soo many picks we can trade up and we are essentially trading only a late first for an early first

I agree...the talent is not exactly overwhelming, in this draft, while it looks solid and articulate in the next...plus we have a few players that should be tested a year more, in terms of how age is affecting them, and eventually make decision a year from now...
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italian49erFan wrote:
sbrown wrote:

I agree...the talent is not exactly overwhelming, in this draft, while it looks solid and articulate in the next...plus we have a few players that should be tested a year more, in terms of how age is affecting them, and eventually make decision a year from now...

One of the best guys of all time at accumulating and managing talent was Bill Walsh. He beleived firmly in getting rid of a guy after he had peaked, but before it became obvious to everyone else. That way he got good value for them in trades and was able to keep priming the pump with good young talent. An approach well worth remembering!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I know it's not much to go by, but if you go by the draft value chart it makes Alex worth a top 3 pick. The Chiefs would get shafted here, I just can't see this happening. But if it did, great day for us.

Yep, unrealistic. Just dreaming here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Mortenson is reporting "limited buzz" for Alex Smith Crying or Very sad .

Give me a 4th rounder, and I will be happy................................

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@SteveBateman99 According to @mortreport the #49ers have received little interest in QB Alex Smith & may decide to cut him.

Quote:
Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete
True MT @evansilva: Shortage of Alex Smith interest around league isn't surprising. Was FA last yr and only 49ers & Fins took him seriously.

Welp, even a 7th rounder maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I figured. There was minimal buzz when he was an FA last year, I didn't it changing too much. I'd be happy with any pick tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I figured. There was minimal buzz when he was an FA last year, I didn't it changing too much. I'd be happy with any pick tbh.

So much for getting a 2nd round pick though Laughing .

I knew it was too good to be true, oh well.........................

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my 2017 conditional 7th rounder, dammit!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
@SteveBateman99 According to @mortreport the #49ers have received little interest in QB Alex Smith & may decide to cut him.

Quote:
Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete
True MT @evansilva: Shortage of Alex Smith interest around league isn't surprising. Was FA last yr and only 49ers & Fins took him seriously.

Welp, even a 7th rounder maybe?
My god, what a disgrace! A top ten QB isn't getting interest from even the neediest NFL teams. I was hoping for a first or second rounder, I was actually starting to believe the hype.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not saying he's going to go for a 2nd but lets slow our roll it was just one report...one very credible source....
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why make a trade when you know that a team is not in a place of leverage? Just wait until he is cut and then make your best offer. Its that simple. I didnt think he would be traded in the first place.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 22 of 39

Jump to: