Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Alex Smith trade rumors thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Vick is going to re-structure to stay with the Eagles. It's getting better for us.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8936209/michael-vick-signs-one-year-deal-philadelphia-eagles

Hallelujah !!!! Eliminates any chance of him coming to SF! Very Happy

Also elevates Alex to the best QB available. More demand less supply.

Who are the QBs available anyway? Can someone post up a list? Here are the ones I know about. Got them from here: NFL 2013 Free agent QBs

Joe Flacco (BAL)
Jason Campbell (CHI)
Tarvaris Jackson (BUF)
Matt Moore (MIA)
Drew Stanton (IND)
Seneca Wallace (FA)

I haven't been including Flacco as the top QB available because of the fact that either he is getting tagged or getting paid by Baltimore.
yeah I figured that too I just added him because technically he is a FA. Wouldn't it be funny if Cleveland snagged him up from Baltimore?

That would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherrington: I wouldn’t rule out Cowboys trading for 49ers QB Smith

Some guy thinks Dallas could be in play for Smith.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

Thats just dumb cowboys fans thinking they should have a part in every story in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Thats just dumb cowboys fans thinking they should have a part in every story in the NFL.
Romo is a really good QB too. I'm of the opinion that he would do really well if he left Dallas. I think there's too much media attention over there.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Romo is a really good QB too. I'm of the opinion that he would do really well if he left Dallas. I think there's too much media attention over there.

Romo has to stay in Dallas. We don't want him to go to Arizona. He's used to having bad pass pro, and throwing it to Larry Fitzgerald would be hard to stop.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN rumor central just had a spot on how Vick resigning will drive Alex's price up to possibly a 2nd rounder. They noted that Kolb fetched a 2nd rounder and a starting CB and Whitehurst and a second got a backup QB and second round pick. ESPN says Alex is better than both and should get us a 2nd round pick or multiple lower picks in return for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

We all have our opinions. I happen to think Romo hurts the Cowboys a whole lot more than he helps them. If I were them I'd want to end the Romo era and move on. I also think they'd be better with Alex than with Romo, but hey differences of opinion are what makes a horse race.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

We all have our opinions. I happen to think Romo hurts the Cowboys a whole lot more than he helps them. If I were them I'd want to end the Romo era and move on. I also think they'd be better with Alex than with Romo, but hey differences of opinion are what makes a horse race.
Alex wouldn't last a season behind their terrible line, he'd get killed.

"Keep choppin' wood"
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
ESPN rumor central just had a spot on how Vick resigning will drive Alex's price up to possibly a 2nd rounder. They noted that Kolb fetched a 2nd rounder and a starting CB and Whitehurst and a second got a backup QB and second round pick. ESPN says Alex is better than both and should get us a 2nd round pick or multiple lower picks in return for him.

Neither of those guys started many games and had the element of upside. Maybe they're getting a franchise QB, a untapped gem, thats the teams thinking. Alex has about 80 starts so you know for the most part what you're getting, and he still has to prove he can be successful for an entire year outside of Harbaugh's system. I really doubt any team thinks they're trading for a 3 year starter, which means the value in picks should be less. But hey, you never know.

I'm hoping for a fourth realistically, but i'm also hoping a team gets desperate and gives us a 2nd.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Neither of those guys started many games and had the element of upside. Maybe they're getting a franchise QB, a untapped gem, thats the teams thinking. Alex has about 80 starts so you know for the most part what you're getting, and he still has to prove he can be successful for an entire year outside of Harbaugh's system. I really doubt any team thinks they're trading for a 3 year starter, which means the value in picks should be less. But hey, you never know.

I'm hoping for a fourth realistically, but i'm also hoping a team gets desperate and gives us a 2nd.

Or you could look at it this way...

I'm a gm and my team is failing, my owner is breathing down my neck cuz I failed to secured a solid starting QB. I'm desparate and my team needs a legit starting QB. My options are slim this year and I don't value any QB in the draft to be my starter. Vick just resigned with the eagles and redskins aren't trading Cousins. I need to make sure I come away with good QB so I'm going to trade for Alex Smith before he hits the open market and his price tag rises.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I'm a gm and my team is failing, my owner is breathing down my neck cuz I failed to secured a solid starting QB. I'm desparate and my team needs a legit starting QB. My options are slim this year and I don't value any QB in the draft to be my starter. Vick just resigned with the eagles and redskins aren't trading Cousins. I need to make sure I come away with good QB so I'm going to trade for Alex Smith before he hits the open market and his price tag rises.
Or save that second rounder and draft and start Matt Barkley and hope I keep my job... Think Smith is looking like a much more favorable option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I don't disagree with your post, but what teams have a GM that's desperate? The two teams we're connected with have new GM's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo we are definitely getting a second for Alex. I wouldn't mind a player either.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith for Eric Berry straight up. That seems fair right? Wink

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex plus our first, maybe one of our thirds, for KC's first and we take Star. How's that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 21 of 39

Jump to: