Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Alex Smith trade rumors thread....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: The Alex Smith trade rumors thread.... Reply with quote

Anyone see the blurb on the NFLN bottom bar that Andy Reid is interested in Alex Smith? Would be a great trade partner because the pick we would get would be the top of that round.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by DirtyJersey9er on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex to KC?..... Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Anyone see the blurb on the NFLN bottom bar that Andy Reid is interested in Alex Smith? Would be a great trade partner because the pick we would get would be the top of that round.

Unless he's traded for a 2014 pick. Or worse yet, he could be released.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex to KC?..... Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Well if the asking price is a 2nd rounder this year that would equate to a 1st next year going by how they consider future picks.(using 2nd and 1st as an example of course)

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex to KC?..... Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Well if the asking price is a 2nd rounder this year that would equate to a 1st next year going by how they consider future picks.(using 2nd and 1st as an example of course)

yeah that what it would mean. and i would do back flips for it, but i dont see it

did it say who reported this or the source at all? i also heard it though

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex to KC?..... Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

yeah that what it would mean. and i would do back flips for it, but i dont see it

THe only thing I heard regard KC is Trent Dilfer repeating ad nauseam that he thinks Andy Reid loves Alex. I don't know that it's substantiated by any source closely related to Reid or the Chiefs organization at all.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex to KC?..... Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

THe only thing I heard regard KC is Trent Dilfer repeating ad nauseam that he thinks Andy Reid loves Alex. I don't know that it's substantiated by any source closely related to Reid or the Chiefs organization at all.

KC and Cleveland would be perfect landing spots for Alex. KC has Reid who is a known QB guru(well enough to fleece Arizona on that trade) and Cleveland has Norv.

Alex is best in a WCO or the Norv offense. You would think he would do well with Arians in Arizona but not sure if Alex would fit with the Steelers type offense.

VD85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'll love to have any QB that he knows won't turn the ball over...look what Vick did to him last season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been calling this and really hope it happens.. KC is a QB away from being a playoff team, maybe even a contender if Bowe stays.

Even if we cut Alex and he signs there, we will get at least a 4th round comp pick, maybe 3rd.. Right?

-kiltman

Last edited by adamq on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The niners trade Alex Smith, Larry Grant, and their 2nd round+ a future pick for the Cheifs first rounder. Do it.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Been calling this and really hope it happens.. KC is a QB away from being a playoff team, maybe even a contender if Bowe stays.

Even if we cut Alex and he signs there, we will get at least a 4th round comp pick, maybe 3rd.. Right?

No, if we cut him, he doesn't count as a free agent loss. Compensatory picks are given to teams who are unable (or unwilling) to sign their guys and lose them to other teams. Cutting Alex wouldn't count.

adamq

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, oh well.

-kiltman
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its not the popular vote but i hope we cut him and let him decide where to go the Niners owe him that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
I know its not the popular vote but i hope we cut him and let him decide where to go the Niners owe him that.

It's a business. We'll make the best deal we can. If we have more than one similar offer then we might let him decide.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
The niners trade Alex Smith, Larry Grant, and their 2nd round+ a future pick for the Cheifs first rounder. Do it.

Who would you take with that pick?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:

First, I'd ask Alex which teams he wants to play for, then contact those teams and see if they're interested in trading for him. Only then would I release Alex. I honestly don't expect a high pick for him. The mere possibility that he could be released lowers his value, and if we're to show respect to him by offering him to the team he wants, that limits the market, therefore lowers his value again. So, IF we trade him, I expect something like a 4th-5th rounder, or maybe a 2nd-3rd next year, or a pick swap. Swapping 2nd rounder this year would be tremendous value, in my opinion. Imagine having the 32nd and 33rd pick in the draft. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: