Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason V.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i would be very upset if this happened.
osi had no place on our d at all.
hunt doesnt deserve to go in the first. and chase looks to slide now with the senior bowl

I think Osi would make the 49ers defense significantly more dangerous on passing downs and Jim Harbaugh has shown an appreciation for veteran players. As for Hunt, he just seems to jump out off the screen when he played on Saturdays. I think he definitely deserves to go in round one. On Chase Thomas, I think Jim Harbaugh believes Thomas is a good player regardless of his senior bowl performance. As we've learned from the past couple of drafts, the 49ers aren't tied to any consensus draft board.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of any of those picks for the Bengals.

If they re-sign MJ, they won't go DE in 1, and I'd rather draft a LB to play LB. Give us Allen or Patterson at 21.

The Bengals are happy with their line if they re-sign Andre. Give us Bernard there.

Not sure Amerson is the CB I want, and CB isn't really a need. Give us Chase Thomas there.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:

If they re-sign MJ, they won't go DE in 1, and I'd rather draft a LB to play LB. Give us Allen or Patterson at 21.

The Bengals are happy with their line if they re-sign Andre. Give us Bernard there.

Not sure Amerson is the CB I want, and CB isn't really a need. Give us Chase Thomas there.

I don't think WR makes a whole lot of sense in round one for Cincinnati. The team's issue this year wasn't quality at the position, but rather injuries. Sanu and Hawkins are capable #2 receivers in the NFL and I think the Bengals believe that as well. Montgomery would offer the Bengals the same luxury that Mathias Kiwanuka did when he was drafted by the Giants.

In the second round, I believe the Bengals could stand to pick a player who can not only improve upon the center position (which the Bengals could stand to improve) but also play just about any other position along the offensive line as well. Amerson is a player who could project to either play safety or corner for the team moving forward. Nate Clements is an aging player (and the team's best safety last year) so having Amerson as a possible replacement would make sense.

I feel like all of the picks I projected for the Bengals offer the team a sense of versatility that was absent last year on both sides of the ball.
IrishBengalGXG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather like this offseason. I like Jones in the second cause C/G could be better. Like the resigns and pick ups. I don't think theyd take Sam in the first if they bring back Johnson so a LB or S i think would be better. Even if they pick up a S in free agency I think that'll still be one of their 1st or 2nd round picks, same with the LB position. I do like the Bush pick up

Cincinnati... just keep doin' what your doin' and that's WIN...
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishBengalGXG wrote:
I rather like this offseason. I like Jones in the second cause C/G could be better. Like the resigns and pick ups. I don't think theyd take Sam in the first if they bring back Johnson so a LB or S i think would be better. Even if they pick up a S in free agency I think that'll still be one of their 1st or 2nd round picks, same with the LB position. I do like the Bush pick up

I understand the contempt some Bengals fans might have if the Bengals use their first round pick on what appears to not be a position of need but I really think it would immediately make the team better. I think the Bengals could easily become a team with a pass rush akin to the 2007 New York Giants. Now, I'm projecting Montgomery as being a tweener type player so it depends on how the Bengals see him.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid. I'd say a bit above break even.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Geno pick but 3 things:

1. Lilja retired.

2.I feel safe in saying better chance Alex Smith is a Chief then Kolb is

3. WHY would we trade up to take a QB projected to go oin the 3rd rd at earliest after usining the 1st pick on one?terrible pick there

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
I like the Geno pick but 3 things:

1. Lilja retired.

2.I feel safe in saying better chance Alex Smith is a Chief then Kolb is

3. WHY would we trade up to take a QB projected to go oin the 3rd rd at earliest after usining the 1st pick on one?terrible pick there

Thanks for pointing those out. I fixed Lilja and the QB trade (I usaully have Lotulelei at #1).
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
-NY Jets receive DB Tramon Williams, 2013 1st, 2013 3rd, 2014 2nd
-Green Bay Packers receive DB Darrelle Revis, 2013 6th

Despite what ESPN says, there is NO way that Ted Thompson even entertains the idea of trading for Darrelle Revis. It's too much money when contract extensions for Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are coming up.

Quote:
23) Green Bay Packers select Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

Not a first round talent and not a need. So where is the motivation for the Packers? Just doesn't make the slightest sense.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
-NY Jets receive DB Tramon Williams, 2013 1st, 2013 3rd, 2014 2nd
-Green Bay Packers receive DB Darrelle Revis, 2013 6th

Despite what ESPN says, there is NO way that Ted Thompson even entertains the idea of trading for Darrelle Revis. It's too much money when contract extensions for Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are coming up.

Quote:
23) Green Bay Packers select Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

Not a first round talent and not a need. So where is the motivation for the Packers? Just doesn't make the slightest sense.

That's a 2nd round selection. I imagine with the loss of Driver, the potential loss of Jennings, and Nelson's injury history; the Packers could add depth an high caliber talent to their receiving corps.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:

I don't think WR makes a whole lot of sense in round one for Cincinnati. The team's issue this year wasn't quality at the position, but rather injuries. Sanu and Hawkins are capable #2 receivers in the NFL and I think the Bengals believe that as well. Montgomery would offer the Bengals the same luxury that Mathias Kiwanuka did when he was drafted by the Giants.

In the second round, I believe the Bengals could stand to pick a player who can not only improve upon the center position (which the Bengals could stand to improve) but also play just about any other position along the offensive line as well. Amerson is a player who could project to either play safety or corner for the team moving forward. Nate Clements is an aging player (and the team's best safety last year) so having Amerson as a possible replacement would make sense.

I feel like all of the picks I projected for the Bengals offer the team a sense of versatility that was absent last year on both sides of the ball.

Sam Montgomery is a great pick in round 1 because it gives the DLine depth, especially if geathers and gilbery leave. The bengals love to rotate their dlinemen a lot during games.

Barrett Jones wont play center. the bengals have to starting centers on the team. He will move in as LG in place of boiling who isn the greatest.

As for amerson, yes the bengals need a saftey, but they cant afford a project, they need someone who will play right away, especially with crocker and clements both as FA
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
That's a 2nd round selection. I imagine with the loss of Driver, the potential loss of Jennings, and Nelson's injury history; the Packers could add depth an high caliber talent to their receiving corps.

I understand that. But the Packers have three very capable receivers in Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones. And they are pretty high on Jarrett Boykin from what I've read. Boykin will almost certainly get that #4 spot barring some one who fits the offensive scheme to a T (Robert Woods) being on the board, so it's highly unlikely Ted invests a high pick into a receiver that isn't a great fit nor is good value. WR isn't a need even if they let Greg Jennings walk. They'll take one if the value is right, but they aren't reach by two or three rounds for a guy who might make a decent #3.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Why the hell would Cleveland want Cassell?

Our offense is going to require a QB with a strong arm

Never thought I would say this but I would prefer Derek Anderson Shocked

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

I understand that. But the Packers have three very capable receivers in Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones. And they are pretty high on Jarrett Boykin from what I've read. Boykin will almost certainly get that #4 spot barring some one who fits the offensive scheme to a T (Robert Woods) being on the board, so it's highly unlikely Ted invests a high pick into a receiver that isn't a great fit nor is good value. WR isn't a need even if they let Greg Jennings walk. They'll take one if the value is right, but they aren't reach by two or three rounds for a guy who might make a decent #3.

I guess it depends on what Thompson thinks of Dobson. I personally like him as a prospect and the late second is an appropriate place for him to go.

Considering the available players, who would you project to the Packers in the late second.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Keith Rivers signs with Oakland Raiders

It's a small thing, but I don't get the logic here. Does he play STs? He certainly wouldn't be a starter.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: