Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packerboy mock 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Picking a player based on needs is silly logic.

Look back at draft classes and say that some players would be better picks because we need that position over what the player actually turns out to become.

I agree with this to a fault, the only difference is that we now have specific needs that we can address in the draft. When TT showed up and BPA'ed his way through the draft for 5 years, he had to rebuild almost an entire team. Some could argue he's still doing that simply because our defense was a complete omnishambles in 2011.

What's nice to know is that despite our evident needs, TT is still able to conduct a solid draft netting us quality players without making wild risks that jeopardize an entire draft or any draft to come...

Now, we've narrowed our needs down to three immediate needs and three secondary needs which are as follows:

1. Safety: Throw out 2010 and look how we've lost in the playoffs the past 3 years. The secondary has been TORCHED. We fought back by putting Woodson at Safety(which we all know is a stop-gap), drafting Casey Hayward, and drafting Jeron McMillian. We're halfway there but we need another reliable Safety on this roster.

2. Center: Is EDS the long-term solution? We don't know, therefore we must draft one or groom one. Granted, we did sign Garth Gerhart who was a fan-favorite as a RFA or 7th round pick in last year's draft, but I believe it's wise to address this in the draft as well.

3.D-line: We did very well with our rookies along that D-line last year but still need more improvement, especially at back-up NT as Ryan Pickett is pretty much to the end of the line. We don't know how much he has left in the tank. Finding a NT to spell Raji is a must.

The secondary needs are simple.

1. We need a WR to replace Driver and/or Jennings. While Boykin and Ross could fill this role, drafting at least one WR in the draft should be a priority. Some feel this is a priority which I can agree with, but I believe we have bigger needs.

2. We need another CB. House has been banged up and has hardly seen the field, Williams is CLEARLY past his prime and has played horribly the past two years, Hayward and Shields have shown signs of solidarity but we haven't hit on consistency. You can never have enough quality DB's, so if we stumble upon a Jamar Taylor or Logan Ryan in the 3rd round, I can see TT pleading BPA and pulling the trigger.

3. We need another TE. DJ Williams can't see the field, Quarless hasn't played in nearly two years, Finley is a headcase, Crabtree is quite hit-or-miss, and Ryan Taylor is MIA most of the time. With Finley's contract expiring after this season(if we don't cut him first), it's wise to draft another TE this year if not next.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I do not like about this is taking receivers back to back in the second and third.

I love Jenkins in the first.

Michael could be a really good running back.

I think Woods is a solid prospect but I'm not sold on Rogers.

Pretty solid draft overall. Would have liked to see a linebacker taken.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: