Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packerboy mock 3.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmikep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Packerboy mock 3.0 Reply with quote

ROUND 1- John Jenkins, DT/NT
ROUND 2- Robert Woods, WR/PR/KR
ROUND 3- Da'Rick Rogers, WR
ROUND 4- William Gholston, DE
ROUND 4- Brian Schwenke, C/OG (comp. pick)
ROUND 5- Christine Michael, RB
ROUND 6- Mich Hyde, S/CB
ROUND 7- Joseph Fauria, TE

GO PACKERS !!
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I wouldn't wanna take 2 WR's tho, so if we get woods change Rogers to a safety or ILB and it's almost perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch Rogers, I want nothing to do with a guy who got kicked out of school. Make it a S or ILB
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Scratch Rogers, I want nothing to do with a guy who got kicked out of school. Make it a S or ILB

couldn't agree more. Kick out the 2nd and 3rd rounder and insert Jamar Taylor and DJ Swearinger in those positions and I'd give an extra thumbs up!
pmikep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we need at least one WR in this draft if GJ leaves & DD retires.
Woods would be the man for me in round 2 & that would be a steal.
Then in the third I could see a S.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on Woods so I'd have more of an argument besides the whole "name me a successful WR to come out of USC since Keyshawn" argument.

Outside the trend, Woods wasn't even the best WR on his team this past year; that'd be Marqise Lee. Woods has also had issues with drops. Couple that and the year Marqise Lee had and that explains his fall down the boards.
pmikep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I heard he was injured most of the year also.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Packerboy mock 3.0 Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
ROUND 1- John Jenkins, DT/NT
ROUND 2- Robert Woods, WR/PR/KR
ROUND 3- Da'Rick Rogers, WR
ROUND 4- William Gholston, DE
ROUND 4- Brian Schwenke, C/OG (comp. pick)
ROUND 5- Christine Michael, RB
ROUND 6- Mich Hyde, S/CB
ROUND 7- Joseph Fauria, TE

GO PACKERS !!

I totally get the Jenkins pick because they have to account for Worthy's injury, but WR the next 2 rounds makes no sense to me. Now TT's history is to pick a WR in round 2 but to double up in round 3 is pretty senseless considering other huge needs like RB, Safety, ILB and maybe Center. I see the Packers trying to get stronger up the middle and prefer an ILB in either 2or 3.
pmikep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Woods in the second and Rogers in the third are great value picks for this O. Don't like any of the ILB in round 3. Rogers & Woods could become stars in Green Bay.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
I think Woods in the second and Rogers in the third are great value picks for this O. Don't like any of the ILB in round 3. Rogers & Woods could become stars in Green Bay.

So a #4 and #5 WR are more important than a RB or safety or ILB in this draft where they might be key contributors next year. Silly logic.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
pmikep wrote:

So a #4 and #5 WR are more important than a RB or safety or ILB in this draft where they might be key contributors next year. Silly logic.

Picking a player based on needs is silly logic.

Look back at draft classes and say that some players would be better picks because we need that position over what the player actually turns out to become.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I did some research on Woods so I'd have more of an argument besides the whole "name me a successful WR to come out of USC since Keyshawn" argument.

Outside the trend, Woods wasn't even the best WR on his team this past year; that'd be Marqise Lee. Woods has also had issues with drops. Couple that and the year Marqise Lee had and that explains his fall down the boards.

Hmm, a lot of people were making that same argument about CAL and Tedford QBs. It is a bad argument. Each prospect on their own merits, not where they went to school. You will make horrendous judgements on players if you keep that mentality.
pmikep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a #4 & 5 in year one.
RB-Round 5, Christine Michael
S/CB-Round 6, Mich Hyde
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
pmikep wrote:

Picking a player based on needs is silly logic.

Look back at draft classes and say that some players would be better picks because we need that position over what the player actually turns out to become.

TT and any other GM as far as I can tell picks BPA in round 1 and for need the remainder of the draft. Now if a highly rated guy drops to Green Bay in rounds 2 or 3 I have no doubt TT would make that pick no matter what the position he plays, but typically by the time you get to late round 2 and 3 there are a number of players with the same draft grade so a GM will pick for need. One can argue by the time you get past the initial 10 to 15 blue chip prospects its an educated crap shoot.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

Hmm, a lot of people were making that same argument about CAL and Tedford QBs. It is a bad argument. Each prospect on their own merits, not where they went to school. You will make horrendous judgements on players if you keep that mentality.

Go read the first blurb again and think about reading entire posts before you and contradict your argument while grossly misinterpreting the post.

The fact is that Woods is a risky pick in the 2nd and I'd rather not be picking WR's who drop too many balls that are coming off of injury at that point in the draft; especially when they got their status because of the players around them. Again, I'll make the Marqise Lee argument. If Woods is there in the 5th round, I wouldn't mind picking him, but he's a high risk pick in the 2nd. JMHO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: