Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Mara: "Cruz is asking for too much money right now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Man I really dont want to see Cruz playing somewhere else. But you have to trust the Giants' FO

With how well we draft I'd be fine with letting him go for a 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Cruz's Agent Malik Shareef is an up and coming one, who would benefit from appearing as the Winner in this negotiation. This might lead to him overplaying his hand, requesting too much money to keep Cruz in Blue.

On the other side is Cruz's off the field endeavors. Only earning $ 540,000 on the field in 2012, he clearly earned more off it with endorsements from Foot Locker, Pepsi, Time Warner, Campbell's Soup & Got Milk. These deals were negotiated by IMG.

There is a strain between IMG & Shareef. Malik is out to get his Client a major payday, but IMG is concerned his demands will not be meet & Cruz will test RFA Waters.

Cruz's marketability would decline significantly in any other market. New York is the top Media Market in the country. The Giants appear willing to let Cruz test FA Waters, with a first round compensation should he sign elsewhere.

In the next week, Cruz will fire Malik Shareef and hire an Agent that understands the Guaranteed money in his contract is only one element of his concern. He cannot alienate the fan base with a prolonged negotiation, which will hurt his marketability. He cannot sign with say Minnesota or even San Francisco- which will hurt his marketability. The latter is more of a possibility and an option Shareef could use as leverage in negotiations with the Giants.

IMG will want the guy that has advertisements with Foot Locker, Campbell's Soup, Tim Warner, Pepsi & Got Milk to remain in NY. They'd be crazy not to.

Good post. More to any deal that meets the eye.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Man I really dont want to see Cruz playing somewhere else. But you have to trust the Giants' FO

I agree. Every player we have drafted in the first recently (since 2008) has turned out to be a stud.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I agree. Every player we have drafted in the first recently (since 2008) has turned out to be a stud.

I really wouldn't want Cruz to leave. Him and Nicks work so well together (when healthy) it be a shame to split them up.

Then again I think I'd only take two firsts primarily because he's one of my favorite players as well.

We the North
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
I really wouldn't want Cruz to leave. Him and Nicks work so well together (when healthy) it be a shame to split them up.

Then again I think I'd only take two firsts primarily because he's one of my favorite players as well.

I agree that hes a great compliment and a very good receiver but this is probably one of the times where you kinda have to chose since both players are asking for great money and we can only afford one.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

I agree that hes a great compliment and a very good receiver but this is probably one of the times where you kinda have to chose since both players are asking for great money and we can only afford one.

Tis a shame people want money over the game ...

But I know exactly where he's coming from, he's been working on this his whole life and just wants to provide for the people he loves.

We the North
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Tis a shame people want money over the game ...

But I know exactly where he's coming from, he's been working on this his whole life and just wants to provide for the people he loves.

I never fault players for wanting to get their money. This game is so dangerous and owners/NFL makes so much money, that the players should see some money. Obviously sometimes it gets outrageous, but for things like this I don't blame him.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:

I never fault players for wanting to get their money. This game is so dangerous and owners/NFL makes so much money, that the players should see some money. Obviously sometimes it gets outrageous, but for things like this I don't blame him.

Yea I dont blame him for wanting whats his Laughing

I just wish we had more money ...

We the North
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing with Cruz is the Giants don't win that 2011-12 championship without him. He made clutch plays when the Giants had to have a play. Plus Nicks has never played a full 16 game schedule. I mean a lot of this is probably just posturing but it'd be hard for me to see such a charismatic, home grown stud playing for another team.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
My thing with Cruz is the Giants don't win that 2011-12 championship without him. He made clutch plays when the Giants had to have a play. Plus Nicks has never played a full 16 game schedule. I mean a lot of this is probably just posturing but it'd be hard for me to see such a charismatic, home grown stud playing for another team.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Nicks is my favorite player but it would probably be harder for me to see Cruz in another jersey because of the way in which he became big as a Giant. It would be really weird to see him salsa dance with different colors on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: