Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gil Brandt: "Julio Jones is the Best WR in the NFL"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the better receiver?
Calvin Johnson
73%
 73%  [ 17 ]
Julio Jones
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't even know if Julio is the best WR on THE FALCONS yet. I still think Roddy White is an absolute stud.

Look, Calvin Johnson is the greatest WR in the NFL. He's already on the same level as Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

Julio Jones could be a better WR 5 years down the road because he'll be in his prime while CJ will be in his 30s.

One thing is Julio is already faster with more breakaway speed. But overall Calvin Johnson has the greatest skill set at the position

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
CJ4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

One thing is Julio is already faster with more breakaway speed.

I don't see that. Julio is definitely quicker, but pure speed Calvin is still a little bit faster IMO.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lions fan trying to pimp Johnson some more. He is the best receiver in the league. But Julio isn't anywhere near Johnson's level. Maybe one day but not right now.

Honestly I just wanted your opinions on the statement; I don't need further validation to believe Calvin Johnson is the world's best receiver at this point in time, because my opinion is pretty concrete on the matter. I was just curious as to whether or not Brandt's opinion on the "4/10 people would prefer Jones" matter had any merit even amongst Falcons fans.

Should be interesting to see what happens next year with Gonzalez not returning. Jones should be an even bigger part of the offense, so his skills are going to be tested more.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to big plays IMO Julio is better right now and when it comes to making a contested catch julio is better right now but all round consistency goes to Megatron but in 1 to 2 years I will take Julio over Roddy Megatron Andre Johnson doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
I honestly think Jones is faster. But between the two Calvin is better right now. Jones has more potential though.

Scar that's a bit biased. CJ is the best in the league and will be for another 5 years.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I honestly think Jones is faster. But between the two Calvin is better right now. Jones has more potential though.

Scar that's a bit biased. CJ is the best in the league and will be for another 5 years.

Everyone said the same thing about Andre Johnson too.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lions fan trying to pimp Johnson some more. He is the best receiver in the league. But Julio isn't anywhere near Johnson's level. Maybe one day but not right now.

Honestly I just wanted your opinions on the statement; I don't need further validation to believe Calvin Johnson is the world's best receiver at this point in time, because my opinion is pretty concrete on the matter. I was just curious as to whether or not Brandt's opinion on the "4/10 people would prefer Jones" matter had any merit even amongst Falcons fans.

Should be interesting to see what happens next year with Gonzalez not returning. Jones should be an even bigger part of the offense, so his skills are going to be tested more.

Don't be so sure Gonzo is retiring !
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
I honestly don't even know if Julio is the best WR on THE FALCONS yet. I still think Roddy White is an absolute stud.

Look, Calvin Johnson is the greatest WR in the NFL. He's already on the same level as Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

Julio Jones could be a better WR 5 years down the road because he'll be in his prime while CJ will be in his 30s.

One thing is Julio is already faster with more breakaway speed. But overall Calvin Johnson has the greatest skill set at the position
Jerry Rice? Better slow your roll. Must be a youngun. Laughing
Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

You don't have to be 30 to know that Calvin is on the same level as Jerry.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

lol.

You don't have to be 30 to know that Calvin is on the same level as Jerry.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Recievers have it made nowadays. Defenseless reciever, helmet to helmet, illegal contact, no touching after 5 yds, etc......................................................................... Cb's cant even touch em. Laughing Football was football back then. And Jerry dominated, YEAR AFTER YEAR, AFTER YEAR. Championship after Championship after Championship. Calvin isnt even on the same planet yet imo. Dude hasnt even seen a winning season yet. smh. Hell. Id take Michael Irvin over Calvin Johnson. These guys are leaders. And winners. Jerry and Michael made their TEAM and TEAMMATES better. Who has Calvin made better?? The Lions? Titus? Burleson? Laughing Not saying he's not a good rec, just not there yet imo.

Last edited by terrell123 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil Brandt needs to get his eyes checked regarding who has better hands. Megatron has much better hands. Julio has had some crucial drops his first two years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuHPHNMFQI
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Gil Brandt needs to get his eyes checked regarding who has better hands. Megatron has much better hands. Julio has had some crucial drops his first two years.

Calvin has his fair share of drops also. Ever seen Jerry drop any crucial passes?? Wink
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Calvin has his fair share of drops also. Ever seen Jerry drop any crucial passes?? Wink

Yep Rice his first couple of seasons had trouble with drops but if you look at the numbers its clear Julio has worse hands than Megatron

Calvin 11 drops on 204 Targets /122 receptions
Julio 8 drops on 128 targets /79 receptions
CJ4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
When it comes to big plays IMO Julio is better right now and when it comes to making a contested catch julio is better right now but all round consistency goes to Megatron but in 1 to 2 years I will take Julio over Roddy Megatron Andre Johnson doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin is the most dangerous deep threat receiver. He has more catches of 20 (or 25) yards in the last two years than anyone in the league. And Calvin makes ridiculous catches with corners, safeties, linebackers draped over him all the time.

I think Julio is quicker, has better acceleration and is a "smoother" athlete, but I think that's all he's got on CJ. This isn't a knock on Julio, but you're comparing arguably the most physically gifted receiver of all time to him. He really makes almost anyone look inferior in most aspects.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Yep Rice his first couple of seasons had trouble with drops but if you look at the numbers its clear Julio has worse hands than Megatron

Calvin 11 drops on 204 Targets /122 receptions
Julio 8 drops on 128 targets /79 receptions
Didnt know Calvin was still in his 1st couple of years. My bad. Im talking about in his prime dude. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: