Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013 v.13.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013 v.13.0 Reply with quote

[Scenario:
~We are awarded a 4th round compensatory pick for Matt Flynn

Released/Not resigned/Retired:
~Charles Woodson
~Greg Jennings
~Cedric Benson
~Donald Driver
~Jeff Saturday

Resigned:
~Evan Dietrich Smith

~Sam Shields

~Erik Walden

~Tom Crabtree

Free Agency:
~Steven Jackson RB St. Louis Rams

Still think this guy is gonna be cheap and still think he has some tread left on the tires. I think he could give GB a big time spark both as a receiver and a runner. If you believe the rumors that TT has tried many times to acquire Jackson, one has to think he’ll make a move for him now that he is a FA.

The Draft:
With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Sheldon Richardson DE Missouri
6’4” 295 lbs. 5.17/40

RELENTLESS pass rusher that brings a boosted pass rush to our DL. Want a RDE that will make us forget about Jenkins? This is your guy.

I am typically against going high DPs in back-to-back years, however, a torn ACL is a major injury, and we might realistically be without Worthy for quite sometime. Perhaps it is time to invest in another premium pass rusher to raise our defense back to championship level.

With the 58th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
6’1” 182 lbs. 4.40/40

Explosive playmaker that doesn’t get enough love. He is very elusive after the catch and oh-so-fast. Should make us completely forget about DD and Jennings.

With the 90th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
5’11” 192 lbs. 4.4/40

Physical and fast. Demonstrated the necessary coverage ability to slide into a solid mid-level CB prospect. Adequate height, but his greatest strength is the nasty demeanor he plays with. Anyone else think it is time to upgrade over Tramon Williams? Taylor might be the guy.

*****Trade Alert: Green Bay trades their 4th Round pick (#126) & 5th Round Pick (#164) to Team X for their 3rd Round pick (#95)*****

With the 95th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Shawn Williams S Georgia
6’1” 217 lbs. 4.60/40

Tough, physical Safety with quickness and ball skills. Flying under the radar and expected to be there at the end of Round 3. Improves our secondary and gives us another talented S to pair with Morgan Burnett.

With the 126th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Traded

With the 134th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Tarvarres King WR Georgia
6’1” 191 lbs. 4.49/40

Constant deep threat that excels at breaking tackles and picking up YAC. TT loves WRs and with the departure of two of his WR stable leaving, expect him to go WR more than once in this draft.

With the 164th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Traded

With the 182nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Braden Wilson FB Kansas State
6’4” 254 lbs. 4.81/40

Some depth at FB could be used and Wilson is the best lead blocker in the country. We seem to struggle in short yardage situations, and the thought of giving Kuhn the ball and putting Wilson in as a blocker might remedy this problem.

With the 210th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
6’2” 190 lbs.

Consistent 75% FG kicker in college has hit beyond 50 yards several times throughout his career. A good prospect to challenge Crosby for his starting job.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great draft. Love the DE early, love adding a quality WR (two though?) and safety. If we would sign Jackson we wouldn't neccesarily have to draft a RB.

The only thing that I find unlikely is that we do not draft one O-lineman.

Which brings me to ask....

Where is my center? ( I ask that of every mock that ignores the position as I see it as the #2 need after DE) (I believe we need to solidify that position beyond EDS)
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside from cutting Woodson i like it. would rather he get his contract restructured and stay with the team.

is the FB Wilson really 6'4? is it me or is that HUGE for a back? that's like Brandon Jacobs big.

you only drafted one d-line man too. any reason why we don't take more than that. especially someone to spell Raji.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've addressed OL and NT in every mock I've done. TT doesn't operate by saying "let's see we need a S, and a NT, and a WR." He lets the board fall where they may.

Also, there is something to be said for UDFA.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two picks. Richardson is one of my favorite prospects period.

I really don''t think we take a CB early, as we already have a ton of young talent.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Love the first two picks. Richardson is one of my favorite prospects period.

I really don''t think we take a CB early, as we already have a ton of young talent.

We could use an upgrade over Tramon Williams...

I Am Rodgers wrote:
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a few problems with your mock:

1. You reached for Wheaton in the 2nd, when Woods or Patton (both better options) might still be there (some of these guys are expected to drop with guys like Patterson/Hopkins' stock rising). OTOH, Wheaton might fall to the 3rd round.

2. Sheldon Richardson might not be there by the time we pick. Most recent mocks I've seen had him going to Carolina at 14, which most likely leaves one of Keenan Allen or Terrance Williams (possibly both) and Johnathan Hankins falling to us. The next 2 picks ahead of us, Minnesota and Seattle, both have needs at either DL or WR, leaving us with any one of the 3 for the taking. IDK about you, but I'd personally rather have Hankins or Allen/T. Williams, but that's just my take. Richardson probably won't be there, anyway, according to most recent mock drafts, like I said.

3. No C or TE? While starting EDS won't necessarily be the end of the world in getting both Sherrod and Bulaga back next year (I think most people are seriously underestimating our OL next year with both of those guys coming back), we could definitely use a guy who will either compete with him for the starting C spot or fill-in as depth behind him. We could also use a TE in the draft, since I don't see us keeping Finley beyond next year. We'll need a guy to groom and eventually replace him, or better yet, pair with Finley in a 2 TE set for one year. That would be just unreal.

4. Shawn Williams is a SS, I'd prefer a starting FS (Tony Jefferson and Baccari Rambo might still be there in the 3rd) so we can move Burnett to SS, his natural position. Williams and Burnett in their respective positions wouldn't necessarily be bad, but Burnett would be a lot more effective at SS.

All-in-all, good draft in terms of players/talent, but in terms of filling positions of need (and value at some spots), it certainly has room for improvement. Then again, no one expects perfection out of these mocks, so I guess I can wing it.
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft but I think Richardson is a top 20 lock. Also, not a fan of drafting 2 wr's, but i like Wheaton a lot. I'd rather take a center in the 3rd, we don't need a cb that bad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
I like the draft but I think Richardson is a top 20 lock. Also, not a fan of draftign 2 wr's, but i like Wheaton a lot. I'd rather take a center in the 3rd, we don't need a cb that bad.

Actually, since we'll be losing 2 WRs in both Driver and Jennings, I could see it happening. I agree with the rest, though.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color me surprise if Sheldon Richardson was on board at 26. I think he's going top 15 come draft day.

Wheaton is alright, but I feel like better receivers will be on board at 58.

Not sure Taylor beats out the Packers top 4 CB, so I see it as a waste of a pick if they aren't long term better than House/Hayward/Shields.

The rest is alright. Shawn Williams seems more like a SS to me. Really like the Tavarres King pick though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: