Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thought's regarding the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Denard looked bad at wideout..I think he would be worth a look at running back.

haha how's that now?

..what?

He is about 5'11, 200 pounds. He is really shifty, and since he played quarterback, has to have at least a decent understanding of blocking schemes. He looked iffy against actual corners at the senior bowl, but at running back he can focus more on what he does well, rather than trying to learn catching and route running from scratch basically.

Who cares if he looks good in the combine...of course he would. He's a fantastic athlete, it's not that hard for him to run around and play catch. Him looking like a great wideout is exactly why the combine is massively overrated as an evaluation tool.

Well I haven't seen him actually play live ball at WR so I can't comment on that, all I was commenting on was how he looked at the combine, which was good... and by good I mean good value around the 5th round that has some potential. He just looks like a good athlete that would be beneficial to have on your team... hell he could even be our backup QB and could even do just as good as Freeman
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8457/denard-robinson

Quote:
Some teams at the NFL Combine asked Michigan QB/WR Denard Robinson if he's willing to play cornerback.
Robinson says he's willing to play any position. A truly special athlete, Robinson helped his stock on Indy with a 4.43 forty, 36 1/2" vertical, 4.22 20-yard shuttle, and 10-foot-3 broad jump at 5-foot-11, 199. He's still going to be a one- or two-year conversion project unless he plays running back in the pros

Wr/Rb/Cb seems like teams views on him are all over the map.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, personally I would put him at running back. What do we know? He's built like a running back, he's shifty as hell and awesome in space, and has at least a decent understanding of blocking schemes. Seems like a perfect fit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Yeah, personally I would put him at running back. What do we know? He's built like a running back, he's shifty as hell and awesome in space, and has at least a decent understanding of blocking schemes. Seems like a perfect fit.

I actually like that idea, would be his easiest transition to the pros for sure
Renegades5544

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I actually like that idea, would be his easiest transition to the pros for sure

He is probably my favorite college player of all time- he has so much heart and is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. I would LOVE to have him on our team.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: