Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thought's regarding the Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Thought's regarding the Draft Reply with quote

So, in regards to the Draft, I'm thinking we should Draft an Offensive Tackle in the 1st rd. Luke Jockel from Texas A+M is the consensus #1 OT in the Draft and should go in the Top 5.

Eric Fisher from Central Michigan had a super showing at the Senior Bowl week, and probably earned a lot of money, I'm not sure of the numbers, but he has a crazy wing span which is a must for an OT in the NFL.

D.J Fluker from Alabama is huuuuuuuuuuge, at the Senior Bowl, he came in around 6'5 and weighed 355lbs, and apparently thats not sloppy weight?

My personnel favourite though is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma, at 6'6 he can add to his 302lbs, he showed he can play both left and right tackle, which would allow him to bookend with Donald Penn.

Obviously we need DB's, but IMO, this class is pretty deep, and I'm sure they'll be some real talent in the 2nd and 3rd rd's. FS maybe a need depending on Ronde.

+ if Georgia's OLB/DE Jarvis Jones dropped to us at #13, should we pull the trigger?

Last edited by RedCoat on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's too early to take a guy like lane Johnson. He's still a developmtal guy who is feel more comfortable taking if we didn't have more pressing needs.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Thought's regarding the Draft Reply with quote

RedCoat wrote:
So, in regards to the Draft, I'm thinking we should Draft an Offensive Tackle in the 1st rd. Luke Jockel from Texas A+M is the consensus #1 OT in the Draft and should go in the Top 5.

Eric Fisher from Central Michigan had a super showing at the Senior Bowl week, and probably earned a lot of money, I'm not sure of the numbers, but he has a crazy wing span which is a must for an OT in the NFL.

D.J Fluker from Alabama is huuuuuuuuuuge, at the Senior Bowl, he came in around 6'5 and weighed 355lbs, and apparently thats not sloppy weight?

My personnel favourite though is Lane Johnson from Oklahoma, at 6'6 he can add to his 302lbs, he showed he can play both left and right tackle, which would allow him to bookend with Donald Penn.

Obviously we need DB's, but IMO, this class is pretty deep, and I'm sure they'll be some real talent in the 2nd and 3rd rd's. FS maybe a need depending on Ronde.

+ if Georgia's OLB/DE dropped to us at #13, should we pull the trigger?

IF Fisher drops to 13 then he will be a great pick-up.

Fluker was one of the weaker spots on the Alabama line so taking him before the second round may not be the best decision...

Lane Johnson is a talent and should do very well at the next level, but I agree that taking him at 13 will be far too early.

Basically if Jockel and Fisher are off the board when you pick then it may be good to wait until later in the draft.

Free Agency may be a better way of attacking the position as so many will be available. Clady, Long, Vollmer may all test the FA market. If the Bucs run a man blocking scheme then Long may be a nice option (he doesn't currently fit the Dolphins ZBS, but in a man scheme he can still be dominate).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I don't agree with you guy's regarding Johnson, he (if he hadn't already) proved himself a 1st Rd pick at the Senior Bowl, and with his 6'6 frame, he can really add some good weight.

I'd imagine Jockel and Fisher will be loooooong gone before we even get a whiff of them at #13.

Fluker is a pure RT, who may (IMO) move inside, if we picked him at #13 I'd probably charter the first plane to Tampa and kick Mark square in the crutch Wink I really shouldn't have mentioned him in this topic, but if the other three go early, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go at the back end of the 1st.

Regarding FA, we should also include Andre Smith from the Bengals to the list of Clady, Long, Vollmer. However, I'd be shocked to see any of these guys being allowed to 'test the waters' so to speak, I'd expect each team to re-sign them accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I think it's too early to take a guy like lane Johnson. He's still a developmtal guy who is feel more comfortable taking if we didn't have more pressing needs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl-commercials/0ap2000000133479/Chiefs-select-Leon-Sandcastle

Shocked Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson at 13? No. We need corners and pass rushers a lot more than tackle, and the caliber of players there will be better than Lane Johnson at tackle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Lane Johnson at 13? No. We need corners and pass rushers a lot more than tackle, and the caliber of players there will be better than Lane Johnson at tackle.

If we want a RT to compete with Dotson we should pick up Gosder Cherilus in FA. But regardless I agree that we need CBs and pass rushers more. Fix those things and we will be much more improved.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

If we want a RT to compete with Dotson we should pick up Gosder Cherilus in FA. But regardless I agree that we need CBs and pass rushers more. Fix those things and we will be much more improved.

I'm not against upgrading the tackle positions, but not at the expense of the 13th overall pick while reaching for a guy who had a postseason rise up the draft boards. I'm always sketchy of guys whose draft stock rises AFTER they stop playing football.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have no problem with them addressing the RT position in the first round. Both tackle positions have to be strong with the various blitz packages in today's NFL. Also, Penn will turn 30, I would hate to see the Bucs not take a talented LT because I don't think they will be drafting this high again for many years.

Penn being an UDFA LT is the exception, not the rule when it comes to franchise LTs. Most elite LTs are first round draft picks. With Penn's constant battling of weight, I can't say for sure he will continue to play at a high level for the next three years.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper & McShay have us mocked as of now for T'eo & Moore
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Teo??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not happening.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I actually have no problem with them addressing the RT position in the first round. Both tackle positions have to be strong with the various blitz packages in today's NFL. Also, Penn will turn 30, I would hate to see the Bucs not take a talented LT because I don't think they will be drafting this high again for many years.

Penn being an UDFA LT is the exception, not the rule when it comes to franchise LTs. Most elite LTs are first round draft picks. With Penn's constant battling of weight, I can't say for sure he will continue to play at a high level for the next three years.
Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I don't agree, I'd be really surprised and pretty dissapointed if we go DE in the first. The DT and DB position is pretty stacked, and after Milliner, I just don't see the value.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Teo??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not happening.
I'm an Irish fan, and although Te'o will do a great job for someone, I'd be stunned if we drafted him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Teo??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not happening.

Did you read the reasoning for the pick? It's epic.

Present an upgrade in run defense? Yes, because our #1 ranked run defense is surely the problem Laughing

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: