Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Kuhn 2.6 Million cap hit 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor might also work in the backfield
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

Considering Kuhn is a FB and BJax is a RB I would hope TT isn't thinking this way.

Quote:
Ditto - Kuhn is only the most reliable RB on the team - so sure cut him LOL.

so which is it? RB or FB?

Kuhn the lead blocking FB and touchdown scoring RB - its why he is so valuable. He is also on many occassions the short yardage RB but is position is listed as FB. Has Kuhn proven to be more reliable than the other RB's - arguably he has. Now that doesn't mean you build your backfield offense around John Kuhn but he has been the one guy who has been consistent, which should tell us the Packers desperately need to address the offenseive backfield this offseason. If Kuhn does go then I certainly don't believe you can replace him with either a TE or one of the RB's - they need a FB.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMeansGo wrote:
When Grant came in this year, the times he was in on 3rd down, he picked up the blitz fine. He's a 50% upgrade in that when there is a breakdown (common) he's an outlet that can get the 1st down. This avoids another short series/hit on Rodgers.
I completely disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

Considering Kuhn is a FB and BJax is a RB I would hope TT isn't thinking this way.

Quote:

Kuhn the lead blocking FB and touchdown scoring RB - its why he is so valuable. He is also on many occassions the short yardage RB but is position is listed as FB. Has Kuhn proven to be more reliable than the other RB's - arguably he has. Now that doesn't mean you build your backfield offense around John Kuhn but he has been the one guy who has been consistent, which should tell us the Packers desperately need to address the offenseive backfield this offseason. If Kuhn does go then I certainly don't believe you can replace him with either a TE or one of the RB's - they need a FB.
... I'm not sure he does any of those even remotely as well as he used to. His value, as stated above, is solely in his pass blocking IMO. You'll also remember that Kuhn was a RB in college. We already replace him with a TE to lead block.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's lost any skill as a short yardage guy. It's just typically blatantly obvious when we're about to run with him.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I don't think he's lost any skill as a short yardage guy. It's just typically blatantly obvious when we're about to run with him.

The whole point of a short yardage guy though is to still be able to get one or two yards even when the entire stadium knows you are going to get the ball.

If the element of surprise is your biggest asset as a short yardage back you aren't much of a short yardage back.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

The whole point of a short yardage guy though is to still be able to get one or two yards even when the entire stadium knows you are going to get the ball.

If the element of surprise is your biggest asset as a short yardage back you aren't much of a short yardage back.

That's never going to be the strong point of an offense with a ZBS. Even go back to Shanahan in Denver, or Washington/Houston currently. Short yardage power plays aren't a strength of the ZBS even when the O runs the ball well overall.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

That's never going to be the strong point of an offense with a ZBS. Even go back to Shanahan in Denver, or Washington/Houston currently. Short yardage power plays aren't a strength of the ZBS even when the O runs the ball well overall.

Kind of my point. It's not something he or the offense in general are particularly good at. Not really a reason to keep him around. He's only a plus for us picking up the blitz and on teams. His lead blocking and short yardage ability isn't that good or that big of a factor in our offense IMO. If you can find someone who does the first two as well for cheaper the second two aren't a good enough reason to keep him around at his pay.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508865
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508865

PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
We're paying Kuhn the 3rd down pass protector, that's about it.

But considering that far and away the hardest hits on QBs in the pocket come from blitzers who the back has the responsibility to block, and since keeping QB1 healthy ought to be a major priority for this organization, I think it's totally worth $2-$3m for a quality pass protecting back who can do a few other things.
CMIIIPO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

Quote:

... I'm not sure he does any of those even remotely as well as he used to. His value, as stated above, is solely in his pass blocking IMO. You'll also remember that Kuhn was a RB in college. We already replace him with a TE to lead block.

I think the scheme has changed in the way of not having a lead blocker outside of Kuhn (we use Crabtree a bit). In 2010 when Kuhn was converting 3rd and shorts and scoring in the redzone it was at RB while Quinn Johnson (albeit not the greatest lead blocker) was in at FB. Now we see the staff using FB dive with Kuhn and draws from the shotgun.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#KutKuhn
#BringBackBrandon
#BJaxToThePack
#BringBackBJax
#ReleaseTheKuhn

Never thought I'd live to see the day that I wanted Brandon Jackson back badly. I have a deep dislike for Kuhn though, I get so sick of seeing him actually see offensive snaps. I'd try to get one of those hashtag's trending but I know most "Packer fans" love the guy.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
GreenMeansGo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a deep dislike for Kuhn though, I get so sick of seeing him actually see offensive snaps. I'd try to get one of those hashtag's trending but I know most "Packer fans" love the guy.

[b]
wish there was a like button on here. maybe say approve and the legality would be easier?
GreenMeansGo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1433762-what-the-signing-of-ryan-grant-means-for-the-packers

"Perhaps the most important asset that Grant brings to the Packers is his pass protection."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: