Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horton thinks Ward can be his next great safety
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Horton thinks Ward can be his next great safety Reply with quote

"What I see in T.J. is a player that's dynamic in the run game; a player that's going to get better because he will hit," Horton said. "He will hit you." Ward will return as a top IDP defensive back in 2013.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Jan 29 - 3:20 PM


I love hearing these kind of things
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42095
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's right.

He has show a lot of growth from last year. He doesn't get burnt like he used to. He is learning to defend taller TEs better. I wish he had better hands so he'd get INTs.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dude's been here for 8 years and doesn't know that his avi is too big? Not talking


You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just need a young FS behind him... That kid from Fresno looks very interesting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Just need a young FS behind him... That kid from Fresno looks very interesting.



I like Phillip Thomas too
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Well, he's right.

He has show a lot of growth from last year. He doesn't get burnt like he used to. He is learning to defend taller TEs better. I wish he had better hands so he'd get INTs.


I expect him to be much better attacking the ball without the cast.

But I want to see more INTs and big plays from the FS too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42095
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else to think about, look at the scrubs at the FS spot that TJ had to bail out.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dude's been here for 8 years and doesn't know that his avi is too big? Not talking


You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Just need a young FS behind him... That kid from Fresno looks very interesting.



I like Phillip Thomas too


I 3rd that commotion
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 2591
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip Thomas is a prospect I really like. DJ Swearinger too. If we can get one of those two in the 3rd to put alongside Ward, that would be so nice. Like the safety class and believe we could get a good talent in the 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 7310
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see this year's version of our defense. I heard/read somewhere that Ward will be our Troi Polomolomulewallabee.
_________________

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20481
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boner
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13344
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Horton thinks Ward can be his next great safety Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
"What I see in T.J. is a player that's dynamic in the run game; a player that's going to get better because he will hit," Horton said. "He will hit you." Ward will return as a top IDP defensive back in 2013.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Jan 29 - 3:20 PM


I love hearing these kind of things


I appreciate The Plain Dealer timestamp on that DP.

Much appreciated
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Phillip Thomas is a prospect I really like. DJ Swearinger too. If we can get one of those two in the 3rd to put alongside Ward, that would be so nice. Like the safety class and believe we could get a good talent in the 3rd.


Would love either if them
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 6276
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Phillip Thomas is a prospect I really like. DJ Swearinger too. If we can get one of those two in the 3rd to put alongside Ward, that would be so nice. Like the safety class and believe we could get a good talent in the 3rd.


Would love either if them


Yeah I like the DJ potential pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kelbot


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 2154
Location: Dayton, OH
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs to stay healthy. This scheme is more like the one where TJ shined the most in his rookie year.

Off topic, but can we get some avatar variety. I think I'm reading the same person's post with all of these Lombardi staches. I get it, it's ironic and clever. He had a bad mustache and is a bad hire. But up your creative game.
_________________
There's always money in the banana stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
Needs to stay healthy. This scheme is more like the one where TJ shined the most in his rookie year.

Off topic, but can we get some avatar variety. I think I'm reading the same person's post with all of these Lombardi staches. I get it, it's ironic and clever. He had a bad mustache and is a bad hire. But up your creative game.


we are doing it as part of the FFMD
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group