Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reading between the lines:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one of these Super Bowl coaches will be the Saints next DC?
Jim Tomsula
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Ed Donatell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ted Monachino
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Jim Leavitt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Teryl Austin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
None of the above
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reading between the lines: Reply with quote

Ok, Sean Payton fires Spagnuolo… announces that the team will switch to the 34 defense and that they will take their time and conduct an extensive search which could include college coaches as well. Payton then admits that this has been in his thought process for years, then the Saints DC position is quickly linked to the names of Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini but the camps of both of those coaches deny that they have been contacted by the Saints. Ever since then there have been speculation but nothing connecting the Saints to any potential canadaties for the position. In the meanwhile the Philadelphia Eagles have continued to interview multiple coaches for their open DC position.

Now this story dropped this little nugget…

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_2.html

Quote:
Payton said twice this week that there really wasn’t any news to report on any coaching front. He also said all of the searches would pick up steam next week after Super Bowl 2013 wrapped up and left town.

So, let’s read between the lines here…

Do any of us actually believe that Sean Payton (regardless of what he’s said publicly) doesn’t have a really good idea of who he wants to run his defense? We’re talking about a coach who is one of the most prepared, calculated and tedious people in the NFL. Everything Sean Payton does is not done on a whim, there is always a plan. He also had an entire season to think about this decision and potential targets for this major project that he understands he needs to get right this time.

There have been zero official interviews for the Saints DC position but yet his long, thoughtful and extensive search will suddenly pick up steam after the superbowl is over?

My dad always told me… Son, “If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck… it ain’t no dam chicken”!

I think we’re all convinced that when we sit back and watch the Super Bowl this weekend, we will be watching it with a real watchful eye because if we read between the lines… we will likely be watching our next DC somewhere on either sideline.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tomsula. How you can go 5 years with that D-line and not get a DC job baffles me. The way he talked about the Saints in that press conference... it HAS to be him. Wouldn't mind Butler or Donatell though.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I think Tomsula. How you can go 5 years with that D-line and not get a DC job baffles me. The way he talked about the Saints in that press conference... it HAS to be him. Wouldn't mind Butler or Donatell though.

Ya know... he did kinda gush (Tomsula) a little bit about Payton and his offense. He also called Vitt a hoot and a tough guy which I think we all know whoever is hired will have to get along with Vitt because he isn't going nowhere.

Maybe that was just a little posturing by Tomsula to get the word out to Payton that he could fit in nicely in New Orleans. He even said we have good defenders down here and went on to say that it's not the system but how you use personnel. That kinda jumps off what Payton said after he fired Spags when he told reporters he asked his coaching staff if we were asking our players to do what they do best.

All this kinda points to Tomsula, however call me crazy but although my personal preference in Jim Tomsula... I just have a feeling that it's going to be the dark horse Ted Monachino of the Ravens.

SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with Ted Monochino. Anyone able to provide some insight?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
I'm not familiar with Ted Monochino. Anyone able to provide some insight?

Ravens linebackers coach for a few years now... highly thought of around the NFL and most feel he's the next up and comer out of the Ravens staff.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope whoever it is is hired Monday morning! lol, I'm tired of waitingggg

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I hope whoever it is is hired Monday morning! lol, I'm tired of waitingggg

Tru dat... im almost to the point where im expecting one of these guys! There is still a chance that Payton get a college guy and is just waiting till after NSD on 2/6/13.

However I fell Payton will go with someone who has experience in his own league.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend said one of the guys on tigerdroppings said that WWL reported the two leading candidates are Keith Butler and Donatell. I'm going to try to get a link, take with a grain of salt until then.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints have had some of the worst DLine play the last few seasons. Tomsula is a DLine guy, and look at San Fran's DLine. End of discussion.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: