Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S&B88's 2012-2013 Mock Offseason V2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McRaider


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 243
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I cant believe you cut McClain and Kelly- the heart of our defense!

I love the FA signings, and I'm cool with the Moore pick. A safety in the 3rd is unconventional (going by most of our want's or needs) but I like it nonethless. We have enough holes to where pretty much any position in the 1st 4 rounds will upgrade our team. All in all its pretty realistic IMO. We arent fixing all our issues this offseason and we cant pretend that we will.
i agree we have way too much to be fixed for an off-season, but even digging ourselves out of the davis hole i think reggie and DA have a few cards up their sleeve and we might even see an average to decent defense next season. i can still hold on to hope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5388
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I cant believe you cut McClain and Kelly- the heart of our defense!

I love the FA signings, and I'm cool with the Moore pick. A safety in the 3rd is unconventional (going by most of our want's or needs) but I like it nonethless. We have enough holes to where pretty much any position in the 1st 4 rounds will upgrade our team. All in all its pretty realistic IMO. We arent fixing all our issues this offseason and we cant pretend that we will.
i agree we have way too much to be fixed for an off-season, but even digging ourselves out of the davis hole i think reggie and DA have a few cards up their sleeve and we might even see an average to decent defense next season. i can still hold on to hope


Just with the PBS I expect a big improvement on offense. Even if Palmer and Co play just as well as they did this year, having McFadden in a PBS will make our offense so much better. This will undoubtedly help the D, but I'm not expecting a huge turnaround on that side of the ball just yet.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McRaider


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 243
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
McRaider wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I cant believe you cut McClain and Kelly- the heart of our defense!

I love the FA signings, and I'm cool with the Moore pick. A safety in the 3rd is unconventional (going by most of our want's or needs) but I like it nonethless. We have enough holes to where pretty much any position in the 1st 4 rounds will upgrade our team. All in all its pretty realistic IMO. We arent fixing all our issues this offseason and we cant pretend that we will.
i agree we have way too much to be fixed for an off-season, but even digging ourselves out of the davis hole i think reggie and DA have a few cards up their sleeve and we might even see an average to decent defense next season. i can still hold on to hope


Just with the PBS I expect a big improvement on offense. Even if Palmer and Co play just as well as they did this year, having McFadden in a PBS will make our offense so much better. This will undoubtedly help the D, but I'm not expecting a huge turnaround on that side of the ball just yet.
yes! with the defense actually getting a rest and no more first possession 3 N out's untill the 4th quarter. im sure we are not gonna see 59-14 2010 style, but if our WR's can actually catch and we have a run game it will help and make w/e defense we have in good position to do something good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5388
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
McRaider wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
I cant believe you cut McClain and Kelly- the heart of our defense!

I love the FA signings, and I'm cool with the Moore pick. A safety in the 3rd is unconventional (going by most of our want's or needs) but I like it nonethless. We have enough holes to where pretty much any position in the 1st 4 rounds will upgrade our team. All in all its pretty realistic IMO. We arent fixing all our issues this offseason and we cant pretend that we will.
i agree we have way too much to be fixed for an off-season, but even digging ourselves out of the davis hole i think reggie and DA have a few cards up their sleeve and we might even see an average to decent defense next season. i can still hold on to hope


Just with the PBS I expect a big improvement on offense. Even if Palmer and Co play just as well as they did this year, having McFadden in a PBS will make our offense so much better. This will undoubtedly help the D, but I'm not expecting a huge turnaround on that side of the ball just yet.
yes! with the defense actually getting a rest and no more first possession 3 N out's untill the 4th quarter. im sure we are not gonna see 59-14 2010 style, but if our WR's can actually catch and we have a run game it will help and make w/e defense we have in good position to do something good


Not saying that I dont want or expect our WRs to play better, but honestly they dont even have to and our offense will still be way better. To often our drives were stalled because we were completely one-dimensional outside of 2-3 games. A good run game will bring it all together, and even if our WRs play inconsistantly I wouldnt be surprised if our offense finishes in or near the top-10, assuming McFadden returns to form.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34097
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General replies:


Zoom's reasoning is why I didn't address the offense as much. I think the same way. Sure, we could use some help at WR and TE (as Play4Blood noticed), but those positions aren't really vital to a team's overall success. Sparano is going to be huge for us too; our OL should improve. We'd be better served building up our defense.

Our OL still has some work to do, but Slauson was fine as a Jet. Wiz and JV are fine. Nix/Berg is a little worry some but I think it could be alright, if not a pleasant surprise if it goes well. Dunlap is what I said, a stop gap. Can't do it all in one offseason. Even still, Nix played better than Brisiel who is a old, expensive ZBS guy anyway. Even if Nix and Dunlap are as bad as the 2 guys they're replacing, then the line wouldn't be worse. I can't imagine how it would get worse with Sparano around and better scheme fits.

I agree that the CB's are a little suspect but they should be cost-effective, Rolni. Plus we are trying to develop the young guys we have there. And worst case scenario for this roster, we move Huff back to CB too and let Rambo play FS. He won't be worse than Gio.

RaisinBran and justwinbaby81 both have a point about Omar Gaither. He's not that good. But I already drafted his replacement who I plan on starting some time during the season. Gaither is serviceable depth and was decent enough this past season as a starter. With a better DL in front of him, he'll only improve.

McRaider: Seymour's contract is voided so I guess I could put him there but I figured there was no point since he isn't 'under contract' with us any more.

The core concept of my mock was to address needs with the future in mind. Most of the FA's would be on short deals and would't command big salaries. A lot of the draft picks are guys that could contribute long term. Moore, Rambo and Bostic especially.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34097
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
D+

Below average o line. Mock that has an unrealistic 3rd and 4th pick. Cut DHB?


Actually, CBS Sports has Rambo graded as a 3rd round pick. Jon Bostic is graded as a 3rd-4th rounder for them too. A high 4th is in that range so, I don't see the issue. They're in their proper ranges. You can say they'll go earlier if you want, and that's fine. But then I'll just say, how in the world am I to know when they'll get picked?

I spoke about the offensive line at the end of the write up and within the last post I made in this thread, so I don't really think I need to go over that again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4464
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
D+

Below average o line. Mock that has an unrealistic 3rd and 4th pick. Cut DHB?


Actually, CBS Sports has Rambo graded as a 3rd round pick. Jon Bostic is graded as a 3rd-4th rounder for them too. A high 4th is in that range so, I don't see the issue. They're in their proper ranges. You can say they'll go earlier if you want, and that's fine. But then I'll just say, how in the world am I to know when they'll get picked?

I spoke about the offensive line at the end of the write up and within the last post I made in this thread, so I don't really think I need to go over that again.
La Vader doesnt have a clue why even respond?
_________________
He hate me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34097
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
D+

Below average o line. Mock that has an unrealistic 3rd and 4th pick. Cut DHB?


Actually, CBS Sports has Rambo graded as a 3rd round pick. Jon Bostic is graded as a 3rd-4th rounder for them too. A high 4th is in that range so, I don't see the issue. They're in their proper ranges. You can say they'll go earlier if you want, and that's fine. But then I'll just say, how in the world am I to know when they'll get picked?

I spoke about the offensive line at the end of the write up and within the last post I made in this thread, so I don't really think I need to go over that again.
La Vader doesnt have a clue why even respond?


This is a place for football discussion, no?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5388
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I agree that the CB's are a little suspect but they should be cost-effective, Rolni. Plus we are trying to develop the young guys we have there. And worst case scenario for this roster, we move Huff back to CB too and let Rambo play FS. He won't be worse than Gio.

RaisinBran and justwinbaby81 both have a point about Omar Gaither. He's not that good. But I already drafted his replacement who I plan on starting some time during the season. Gaither is serviceable depth and was decent enough this past season as a starter. With a better DL in front of him, he'll only improve.


+1

-Jenkins and Cox >>> Anyone we had this year
-Huff or Rambo at FS >>> Gio
-Moore, SLH, Bryant, Houston >/= Shaggy, Seymour, Kelly, Houston
-Gaither wont be any worse than McClain.

If this is the way our offseason pans out then we will have improved our secondary and DL, and our LB corps at the very least stayed the same.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willis666


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 350
Location: Mordhaus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good job SB88. The only thing I would rather see is possibly picking an OT instead of a WR. To each their own though. I would not complain one damn bit if our offseason went this way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6238
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft because this is exactly how most of us will actually feel on draft day. Meh, but it makes sense. I especially love the obscure OL from a parochial school! It's so McKenzie. The only things you may have missed is McKenzie LOVES to draft a tall CB (minimum 5'11") with speed late. McKenzie loves small school prospects as well.

Hopefully, Clinkscales will balance him out as there as I'd like to know at least a few prospects the Raiders draft.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
La_Vader


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 182
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
D+

Below average o line. Mock that has an unrealistic 3rd and 4th pick. Cut DHB?


Actually, CBS Sports has Rambo graded as a 3rd round pick. Jon Bostic is graded as a 3rd-4th rounder for them too. A high 4th is in that range so, I don't see the issue. They're in their proper ranges. You can say they'll go earlier if you want, and that's fine. But then I'll just say, how in the world am I to know when they'll get picked?

I spoke about the offensive line at the end of the write up and within the last post I made in this thread, so I don't really think I need to go over that again.
La Vader doesnt have a clue why even respond?


This is a place for football discussion, no?


I do like your mock. What can expect D Moore to project in the pros?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5256
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
D+


I do like your mock.


Laughing
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be one happy Raider fan if the draft shakes out for us this way. Nice job bro.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 4121
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very realistic, McKenzie probably won't get any big name free agents and we should have a solid draft, i like that DeMontre Moore is 20, i don't think he is great right now but he can improve with good coaching and at least be a situational pass rusher until he is good enough to start.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group