Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cordarrelle Patterson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GermanJuergen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Cordarrelle Patterson Reply with quote

I am hoping that the Dolphins will take a playmaker in the draft. I still think and hope the Dolphins will also make a move in Free Agency. What are your thoughts on Cordarrelle Patterson? He seems like a Dwayne Bowe type player but has also been compared to Stephen Hill. If he's Stephen Hill, I don't think we should take him. What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I overall really like the kid and would be estatic if the fins took him, the only thing that i worry about his tendency to go east and west, you can't really do that unless your name is barry sanders.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is Stephen Hill because he is very athletic but still very raw. He needs time to develop but, he can run the ball out of the backfield, reverses, Line up at WR, and return both kicks and punts.

UniversalAuthor
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he is either of the above. I think he is a more immature, larger Percy Harvin. He is second to Tavon Austin in this draft as a playmaker, but he also is 6'3 220 and runs between 4.3-4.42. I personally think he is a unique prospect, maybe the most unique WR prospect I have ever studied do to his size/speed/skillset.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid is a playmaker straight out. Even if we sign Jennings/Wallace I want this to be the pick. I have done tape on him and he has great vision and is patient when reading the field.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Patterson a lot as well, however, I think there are several considerations:

1) The Packers rarely take WR's high and almost never in the 1st round. While I know we are not the Packers, we are emulating their system and my sense is that Philbin doesn't put a premium on skill position players.

2) Ireland has used 5 of the last 10 top round picks (1st and 2nd rounders) on linemen. We have a need at DE. DE is a stacked position in the 1st round. History tells me we are likely to take a DE.

3) Patterson has limited playing time at elite level of college. He is a Junior and was a JuCo transfer to Tennessee, if I am not mistaken. Meaning he is undoubtedly raw.

4) Tennessee wideouts dont have a great track record of success in the NFL (Robert Meachum, Kelley Washington, Dontae Stallworth, & Denarious Moore). Moore is undoubtedly the best of the bunch. Then again, the Cal Bears and Jeff Tedford had a brutal track record of QB's in the NFL until they didn't with Aaron Rodgers.

5) Greg Jennnigs and Brian Hartline. If we go after Jennings and resign Hartline (I wouldn't), then I would have to believe they would be less likely to take Patterson in the first round. Talented or not, we would have invested a lot in WR's before the draft even started.

6) The 2013 WR class is deep and will, undoubtedly, extend well into the 2nd. Meaning, we could probably still find a gem in the 2nd round (see Patton from Louisiana Tech) and save our 1st rounder for one of the many needs on our team. Also, while some mocks have Patterson as the top wideout from this class, the combine (specifically 40 times) will probably settle who is gonna be the first WR off the boards. I would not be surprised to see Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams or even Tavon Austin leap frog Patterson in the rankings depending on interviews and the combine workouts.

I like Patterson, but we have a lot to sort through before the draft.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have him rated highly at all. To me he is more any athlete than a wide receiver. I see him as a late fourth round early fifth round pick that you take as a project where your wide receiver corps is already set and you look for him two to three years down the road.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen hill and patterson have completly different styles,. Hill is a straight line speed guy with a extra gear with brick for hands. Patterson has way more make you miss in him and can be dynamic in the return game and crossing patterns after the catch. Both are raw though and I think he has the best chance of any WR in this draft to be elite but he has some things upstairs that need to be looked at like does he want to be great.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has good upside but also could be a bust, I really hope this isnt the pick, unless there is a Calvin Johnson type player I think there are several talents in FA we can grab one or two there, and then use a 2nd round or 3rd round to get another WR.

Greg Jennings / Dwayne Bowe
Brain Hartline
D. Bees
New Rookie

Looks pretty good to me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what I have seen of this guy. Yes he is a little raw but the talent and ability are there to contribute to the scoring.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I like Patterson a lot as well, however, I think there are several considerations:

1) The Packers rarely take WR's high and almost never in the 1st round. While I know we are not the Packers, we are emulating their system and my sense is that Philbin doesn't put a premium on skill position players.

2) Ireland has used 5 of the last 10 top round picks (1st and 2nd rounders) on linemen. We have a need at DE. DE is a stacked position in the 1st round. History tells me we are likely to take a DE.

3) Patterson has limited playing time at elite level of college. He is a Junior and was a JuCo transfer to Tennessee, if I am not mistaken. Meaning he is undoubtedly raw.

4) Tennessee wideouts dont have a great track record of success in the NFL (Robert Meachum, Kelley Washington, Dontae Stallworth, & Denarious Moore). Moore is undoubtedly the best of the bunch. Then again, the Cal Bears and Jeff Tedford had a brutal track record of QB's in the NFL until they didn't with Aaron Rodgers.

5) Greg Jennnigs and Brian Hartline. If we go after Jennings and resign Hartline (I wouldn't), then I would have to believe they would be less likely to take Patterson in the first round. Talented or not, we would have invested a lot in WR's before the draft even started.

6) The 2013 WR class is deep and will, undoubtedly, extend well into the 2nd. Meaning, we could probably still find a gem in the 2nd round (see Patton from Louisiana Tech) and save our 1st rounder for one of the many needs on our team. Also, while some mocks have Patterson as the top wideout from this class, the combine (specifically 40 times) will probably settle who is gonna be the first WR off the boards. I would not be surprised to see Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams or even Tavon Austin leap frog Patterson in the rankings depending on interviews and the combine workouts.

I like Patterson, but we have a lot to sort through before the draft.
I mostly agree with Merc. I actually want us to take a pas rusher at 12, and go WR in round 2 and/or 3.

I don't want us signing Jennings. He's getting older and is injury prone at this stage of his career. I prefer Wallace instead.

If it turns out that pass rushers are all gone by 12 (and we'd be reaching for the next one) then I say draft an o-lineman. As boring as it sounds, we need those guys as much as WRs.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if we took Wr at 12.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I would be very surprised if we took Wr at 12.

Yeah I'm with Deadeye , Merc & you on this one.
I just cannot see the current regime taking a WR at #12.

I believe it will be a dynamic DE but I wouldn't rule out OT or a Stud TE at 12 either.

There will be no less than 3 new pass catchers in Mia this yr. (including/possibly a new TE)

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the kid and if the Dolphins were in a place where they didn't have the holes that they do to be filled I would be all over going after the kid.....Risk vs Reward, but in the current state the Dolphins it would be a smarter play to go with a safer pick in the first round.

I still want them to go CB, OL, or DE with 12.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the best chance since AJ Green of being a top 5 receiver. Green was safer but we're looking at similar upside here. I really want to take this gamble.

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: