You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick a WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are enamored, and rightfully so, with Patterson for what he can do when he does get the ball.

That being said I wouldn't take a receiver in this draft until the 20's. People who are comparing Patterson to Julio Jones are sorely mistaken.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
I'd jut like to come out and say that I am not so high on Cordarrelle Patterson, and I don't know why he is considered the #1 receiver by some in the class. I get that he is physically gifted and has a high ceiling, but I still view his teammate Justin Hunter as a better prospect. From what I can tell, Patterson is no good at blocking in the run, and is sloppy with his routes. I have several guys ahead of him in my personal rankings, and I'm just looking for a little more explanation from people on what I am apparently missing about him.

I don't like either of them, and would take Hopkins over both.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
People are enamored, and rightfully so, with Patterson for what he can do when he does get the ball.

That being said I wouldn't take a receiver in this draft until the 20's. People who are comparing Patterson to Julio Jones are sorely mistaken.

I agree with your point in terms of value. He is no Julio Jones.

Though its a a poor WR class and that increases the value of the prospect. I would consider a trade up for Patterson if there was good value. I am not sure he will fall to 23.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say poor receiver class, just a class without a high-end type receiver; much like last years.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I wouldn't say poor receiver class, just a class without a high-end type receiver; much like last years.

That is what I meant, poor at the top. Great depth, as you said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

That is what I meant, poor at the top. Great depth, as you said.

I feel like the recievers in this class, while not high end prospects, have a lot of potential to be very good starters in the next few years. Do many of them warrant first round picks? Heck no, but as stated earlier, the lack of stellar prospects in the draft boosts where guys will be selected. To me, the value in rounds 2-4 is really good for this reciever class.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price is right, how do we feel about Brandon Lloyd? I guess he is getting released by the Pats, and he always seemed to be an under-the-radar producer. I think he could be a decent body to add to the field if we can't get any other value in FA.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
fishtanked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
If the price is right, how do we feel about Brandon Lloyd? I guess he is getting released by the Pats, and he always seemed to be an under-the-radar producer. I think he could be a decent body to add to the field if we can't get any other value in FA.

He's being released because he is a terrible teammate. I'll pass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be a reason why Lloyd has played for 5 teams in 10 years, never spending more than 3 years in one place (and only spent 1 year in places).

Thx to Lil Uno!
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Jones to me is an overrated player, he is very versatile, but I don't see his play being at a high enough level to hold down one position for a long time in the NFL.

I don't love either Jennings or Bowe, really. Jennings is getting old and missed time this past year, Bowe I could see more, a bit younger, bit more of a vertical passing attack threat to open stuff for Harvin. I would actually prefer to address OG or LB in free agency than WR. I think that there will be a solid WR we can take in round one and then take another in round four to help fill in the need.
Agree. not a fan of free agent wr's. it's a short term potential fix. high risk on nfl free agents to begin with and I think bigger at wr than most positions. Seems to be easier to address lb/g in free agency.
Boda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:

Definitely not. Isn't Lloyd the same WR who has only seen success while playing with Josh McDaniels? I'm beginning to believe we should be taking 2 WR's in this class possibly in the 2nd & 3rd or 2nd & 4th rounds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: