Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank AFC North

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Rank AFC North Reply with quote

Just curious on everyone's ranking of the AFC North teams in terms of who do you like the most to the least and why. No real issue here-- just fun.

Mine.
1. Steelers - no explanation
2. Browns - love the rivalry and the colors. They just seem like our kid brother who tries so hard but just doesn't succeed. Every once in a while they throw a haymaker and knock us down. I just like the fans' loyalty and their old school city. I wasn't alive in the '50s and 60's when they would beat us.
3. Bengals - no reason just have to put them above the Ravens.
4. Ravens - couldn't stand this team before there was even a rivalry. I don't like teams that wear purple, I live in WA state and I have to live with the Huskies. I also don't like teams that are named after a poem. Can't stand Ray Lewis. Was Good but has been overhyped for 10 years. I wonder if anyone on that team gets tired of the same old speeches and dances. He just annoys me.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Dcash4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Steelers - ...uh, yup.

2) Ravens - So i hope that they go 0-16 every year, but i respect the hell of out a lot of them. If there were no Steelers, id prob be a ravens fan. We play the exact same brand of football and i love that.

3) The Bengals - i feel that i have an unusual number of hate for the Bengals. Not entire sure what that stems from.

4) Browns - I nothing the Browns.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Ravens - Aside from Harabaugh, I respect the hell out of them. They are a very similar team and they are the biggest rivalry in the NFL, rather easily IMO.

3. Bengals - Dont really care much about them either way. Dont like them and dont hate them.

4. Browns - Dont hate them, but there is no rivalry anymore. Anyone claiming this is still a rivalry is hanging on to the past. This hasnt been a real rivalry in nearly 30 year. The only reason I put them below the Bengals is because the Bengals have more individual players I like.

The "Browns" we had a rivalry with moved to Baltimore and are now the Ravens. There still may be a shared hatred between the Browns and Steelers, but its not really a rivalry anymore.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Steelers; Not because I am a Steelers fan and bias, while that is completely true, but because I truly believe we are BETTER than the Ravens. The Ravens backed into the playoffs because we lost two of our last 4 games. The question will always be out there..what would have happened if we would've been a wild card team.

2. The Ravens but not by much above the Bengals. I think, truly, the Ravens are a team about to hit a serious downward spiral. Yes, they're young, but Lewis, Reed, Suggs, Ngata...these guys' windows are closing fast and they're some of the key guys on that defense.

3. Bengals; probably where they'll always be, they have youth but not for a second do I believe that Dalton is their savior. They have a ton of potential and I think they'll make the playoffs over the Ravens next season as a wild card.

4. The Browns..well I mean..it's the Browns, they don't have a QB, Weeden is a joke, McCoy is mediocre, their defense isn't terrible they have some bright spots, especially Haden. Their Offense is relatively young especially at WR and RB(which is probably their best offensive position) but for the foreseeable future they'll hang out in the basement of the AFC North.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we doing how much we like them or who I would choose if the Steelers play them? The Ravens are the best matchup but I like them the least.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW... again I am astonished that you all have so much less hatred for the Ravens than I do.

My list is

2. Bengals
3. Browns
4. Ravens

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I misunderstood the question...

1) Steelers Obviously
2) Browns
3) Bengals
4) Ravens

The Browns fans know they suck and don't try to hide it.

The Bengals fans think they're the best thing since sliced bread and every offseason, are at least willing to admit how wrong they were...yet again.

The Ravens fans are full of excuses and delluision. They're under this belief that they are the not just the best team in the AFC North but the best team in the NFL, even if they lose all but 3 games.

Their fans are very similar to the attitudes of their players and no team in our division talks more trash than the Ravens. There is no other team in the NFL i hate more than the Ravens, I like NE more than I like Baltimore...that's saying something because I really can't stand New England.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
The Ravens fans are full of excuses and delluision. They're under this belief that they are the not just the best team in the AFC North but the best team in the NFL, even if they lose all but 3 games.

Their fans are very similar to the attitudes of their players and no team in our division talks more trash than the Ravens. There is no other team in the NFL i hate more than the Ravens, I like NE more than I like Baltimore...that's saying something because I really can't stand New England.

Actually, most Ravens ans are pretty level headed.

There are some like you described, but Ive met more delusional Steeler fans than I care to recount. Every fanbase has fans that you described. I think your bias is causing you to overlook that.

And there is a very good argument for them being the best team in the AFC North right now. Best in the league...I wouldnt say, but they are the AFC Champs this year.

I have no problem with people hating the Ravens the most. I actually expect most Steeler fans to say it, so Im not disputing that at all. Just the reasoning.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

There are some like you described, but Ive met more delusional Steeler fans than I care to recount. Every fanbase has fans that you described. I think your bias is causing you to overlook that.

And there is a very good argument for them being the best team in the AFC North right now. Best in the league...I wouldnt say, but they are the AFC Champs this year.

I have no problem with people hating the Ravens the most. I actually expect most Steeler fans to say it, so Im not disputing that at all. Just the reasoning.

I will admit most of the Ravens fans I'm referring to, don't post on this website. I actually am not bias at all in regards to that...the Steelers fan base..has a lot of idiots. But my 'explanation of the fan base' really is code for my explanation of what i think of the Ravens players.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

It seems to be getting worse too...I wouldn't mind a few down years to recalibrate and prepare for the next run at the same time a dose of reality for many of our brethren as to what it can be, has been like in the past and is currently for many other franchises, at the same time seeing who is around during and after all of that.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: