Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kysteeler's Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Kysteeler's Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

Just to make things easy I am going to say that Wallace and Mendy leave, I would like us to bring back Lewis, but I don't see it happening.

We bring back all of the RFAs and resign Foote, plus we sign TE Ben Watson & QB Bruce Gradkowski

1. Matt Elam S Florida
2. Terrance Williams WR Baylor
3. Andre Ellington RB Clemson
4. Corey Lemonier OLB Illinois
5. Chris Harper WR Kansas State
6. Vince Williams ILB Florida St.
7. Omoregie Uzzi OL Georgia Tech
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kysteeler's Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
Just to make things easy I am going to say that Wallace and Mendy leave, I would like us to bring back Lewis, but I don't see it happening.

We bring back all of the RFAs and resign Foote, plus we sign TE Ben Watson & QB Bruce Gradkowski

1. Matt Elam S Florida

I'm okay with S Elam in the 1st.

Love WR Terrance Williams in the 2nd.

Not a big fan of the small RB's this draft, maybe if we used a 5th or later on one I wouldn't mind it so much.

Love OLB Lemonier in the 4th but kind of doubt he'll be there.

Love WR Harper in the 5th but he won't be there.

I think ILB Williams is a UDFA but taking him in the 6th wouldn't be enough to complain about.

Don't know OL Uzzi but we could use a backup OL.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-?????
2 & 5-Dont see the need for 2 WRs
3-- back with great vison & initial burst but doesnt have breakaway speeed.
4--Solid pick
6- underrated player
7- would be a steal this late
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Terrance Williams dropping to the 2nd, let alone pick 50.

Are you using CBS Sports , the best thing about them is that that list so many players , the worst thing about them is that about the extent of the work they do.

Vince Williams in the 6th ? I chuckle about hearing writers say he is limited in his range sideline to sideline, really? I must've been watching a different Florida State team, but yet Teo has no issue with range?

Im not a big fan of Lemonier but doubt he goes that late, he will get more love than that unless he has poor showings in work outs. I would think strength would be the area to watch but he should develop in that area.

Not sold on Elam. Don't not like him just don't see the love like everybody else. If it was me I'd flip your 1st & 2nd, then I'd feel better.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kysteeler's Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:

1. Matt Elam S Florida

I really like the position picks for the most part.

I'd substitute Terrance Williams for another S or a CB personally.

I would also rather have another RB than Ellington. I really like Harper and I really like Uzzi, I think he'd be a really quality Guard and honestly, if you look at Beachum and the success he has had, Uzzi could turn into an eventual starter I think. He's 'raw' but teachable.
mwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Kysteeler's Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:

1. Matt Elam S Florida

I'd be happy. I'd love to have a NT in there, but I'd be happy.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I don't see Terrance Williams dropping to the 2nd, let alone pick 50.

Are you using CBS Sports , the best thing about them is that that list so many players , the worst thing about them is that about the extent of the work they do.

Vince Williams in the 6th ? I chuckle about hearing writers say he is limited in his range sideline to sideline, really? I must've been watching a different Florida State team, but yet Teo has no issue with range?

Im not a big fan of Lemonier but doubt he goes that late, he will get more love than that unless he has poor showings in work outs. I would think strength would be the area to watch but he should develop in that area.

Not sold on Elam. Don't not like him just don't see the love like everybody else. If it was me I'd flip your 1st & 2nd, then I'd feel better.

Yeah I did base this off of the CBS draft ranking, it just seems like that is what most people are wanting to use. I agree with some player and disagree with others.

I don't think people have Williams as a 1st round pick, so I could see him being there depending on how the draft goes. I really don't see more than two WRs going in the 1st.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kysteelerYeah I did base this off of the CBS draft ranking, it just seems like that is what most people are wanting to use. I agree with some player and disagree with others.

I don't think people have Williams as a 1st round pick, so I could see him being there depending on how the draft goes. I really don't see more than two WRs going in the 1st.[/quote]

That's what I used as wel when I did my mock in the 'mendy' thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: