Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donald Driver Just Announced His Retirement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17873
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That montage was awesome. Can't wait for Driver to speak.
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
General_Bean


Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 1274
Location: Crossroads of CT
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does a key to the city actually open?
_________________
Packers fan since 93.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Packerbacker93


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 713
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to lose it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 7193
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Bean wrote:
What does a key to the city actually open?

Everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
General_Bean


Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 1274
Location: Crossroads of CT
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
What does a key to the city actually open?

Everything.


O.O my god, the endless possibilities
_________________
Packers fan since 93.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BobSacamano


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 13264
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish Greg would take a not from Driver and stay Wink
_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RG25


Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 242
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you retire the same number and have two names next to it? 80 for Lofton and Driver I think they should
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDpacks_5


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was seriously the most Awesome retirement I have ever seen, I dont think there has ever been a player so beloved by his fans. Driver is hands down a class act. He clearly still has years left but wanted to retire as a packer. He left money on the table, and he left valuable time doing what he loves on the table to leave in the Green and Gold. I never get choked up for anything, barely got choked up for my first born but seeing Driver and that montage, I had to fight it. Driver you will be missed. Taught me you have to grind to get what you want but not only that, it doesn't mean anything unless you do it with a smile and don't let anyone see you down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12548
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my favorite players growing up are retired(Favre/Butler), and now my favorite players when I started to understand the game are retired(DD, Al Harris). Phenomenal, I'm getting old. Crying or Very sad
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WIsportsfan


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 2722
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal ceremony. Didn't cry but certainly got a lump in my throat a few times. Seeing MM get choked up really shows just how good of a player/person Driver was/is. You never see MM show that side of himself, at least publicly (or did he get that way a little when they won it all? I can't remember Laughing ). Seeing those clips of a young DD brought back some good memories along with a few laughs at how skinny he really was, certainly compared to how he looks now.

Damn will I miss seeing him out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HokieHigh


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 1861
Location: Blacksburg
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDpacks_5 wrote:
That was seriously the most Awesome retirement I have ever seen, I dont think there has ever been a player so beloved by his fans. Driver is hands down a class act. He clearly still has years left but wanted to retire as a packer. He left money on the table, and he left valuable time doing what he loves on the table to leave in the Green and Gold. I never get choked up for anything, barely got choked up for my first born but seeing Driver and that montage, I had to fight it. Driver you will be missed. Taught me you have to grind to get what you want but not only that, it doesn't mean anything unless you do it with a smile and don't let anyone see you down.


Lmao "barely got choked up for my first born but seeing Driver"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JDpacks_5


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
JDpacks_5 wrote:
That was seriously the most Awesome retirement I have ever seen, I dont think there has ever been a player so beloved by his fans. Driver is hands down a class act. He clearly still has years left but wanted to retire as a packer. He left money on the table, and he left valuable time doing what he loves on the table to leave in the Green and Gold. I never get choked up for anything, barely got choked up for my first born but seeing Driver and that montage, I had to fight it. Driver you will be missed. Taught me you have to grind to get what you want but not only that, it doesn't mean anything unless you do it with a smile and don't let anyone see you down.


Lmao "barely got choked up for my first born but seeing Driver"


Don't tell my wife Laughing Laughing There was just tooo much going on, not like the movies....at all
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2905
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see him go, I hope he comes back as a WR coach one day.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7086
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome to watch, one of the best of all time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackersGuy


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 593
Location: Syracuse,Ny
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG25 wrote:
Can you retire the same number and have two names next to it? 80 for Lofton and Driver I think they should



yeah i agree, i think driver is a packer hall of famer even tho sum ppl on here disagree. he has the most catches for a green bay wr and apart of the packer familey i hope to see him on green bays side line as a wr coach in the future
_________________
MUCHO PROPS! to my man,BlueQuickSilver for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group