Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal??
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
NO
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 21

Bears54

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Your right, Mike Wallace would cost to much.

We need a legit slot WR....

You know who I like and he is pretty DAMN GOOD, I like the Slot WR of the Miami Dolphins...Yes I do live in Hawaii and is from Hawaii university, but he is good..

Devone Bess!!!! runs great routes, great hands, and has only missed 1 game in his entire career. He wouldnt cost alot either.
ak06max

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

You know who I like and he is pretty DAMN GOOD, I like the Slot WR of the Miami Dolphins...Yes I do live in Hawaii and is from Hawaii university, but he is good..

Devone Bess!!!! runs great routes, great hands, and has only missed 1 game in his entire career. He wouldnt cost alot either.

If he cant play TE,LT,LG,C,RT or MLB im not interested. Too many needs as of right now to worry about receiver. Marshall Jeffery Bennett I am happy with as long as these positions get addressed 1st

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
If he cant play TE,LT,LG,C,RT or MLB im not interested. Too many needs as of right now to worry about receiver. Marshall Jeffery Bennett I am happy with as long as these positions get addressed 1st

Who's gonna stretch the field, push those safties back? There's no deep threat on the roster.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
If we were to make this move it would be like us bringing in Orlando Pace again…it would stunt the development of our younger guys especially Alshon.

Soo you're saying there's a chance we bring back Orlando Pace?!?!

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

Bess is like an older Bennett that can stay healthy. I'd take him considering he wouldn't be asking for much. The guy hasn't had a quarterback of Cutler's caliber his entire career.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:

Bess is like an older Bennett that can stay healthy. I'd take him considering he wouldn't be asking for much. The guy hasn't had a quarterback of Cutler's caliber his entire career.

I don't know, he might command as much as Bennett, and the Bears are already paying Bennett. Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the league and I'm sure teams will be interested in him. I'm fine with Earl if he's healthy. A big chunk of the time he's missed was due to an illegal spear to the chest in 2011. I don't know that he's really that injury prone considering the hits he takes.

It would be nice to have an occasional deep threat (maybe in the draft) and somebody that can be an adequate backup possession receiver and special teamer. Maybe Joe Anderson can fill the latter role.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Who's gonna stretch the field, push those safties back? There's no deep threat on the roster.

What makes you think Randy Moss is going to be that guy? His 40 time back in camp? That's all well and good, but a 40 time is running in a straight line as fast as you can with no one around you. For my money, it's the most overrated metric ever.

He's going to be 36 this month. His best football is long behind him and there's no reason to pay for an aging superstar in the twilight of his career, especially when he won't play special teams and is well-known for temper tantrums and "not trying" when he's upset.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

What makes you think Randy Moss is going to be that guy?

Uh... nothing. I never said the Bears should sign Moss.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
So I get your guys point. He isnt the same guy, he 40 time is over rated, he only caught 20 something balls, he is old, blah blah blah.... ok so bad idea. SORRY!!!!

I still think he can come in and help our ball club. He could be the #3 WR, Bennett, and Jeffery have been injured in the past, and missed games. Having Moss come in would be a good thing.

What about Mike Wallace?????

This guy is young, fast, and a homerun hitter everytime down the field. The steelers just paid Brown, and so they franchised Wallace. If he was to become a free agent and hit the open market, would you pursue Wallace???

The guy thought he was worth $100mil. I'd rather not deal with a headache like him, especially when we don't want to overpay.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt, theres other WR options in FA and the draft. Moss is 37? We can do better.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

We need a WR to replace Knox don't kid yourself. A speed guy will make even Marshall better. My guess is we will pick up one in the mid rounds or FA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: