Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal???
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal??
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
NO
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
Bears54


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 932
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Would you sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal??? Reply with quote

Ok, Randy Moss was only signed to a 1 year deal for the 49ers and has said publicly he wants to play 1 more year. The guy obviously isn't the Randy Moss of the Vikings or even the Patriots, but the guy is a big target for Jay Cutler and the guy still can fly. He was recorded running a 4.2 forty earlier this year in training camp. Defenses would have to respect his speed and would open up a lot of underneath routes for Brandon Marshall and keep 8 guys out of the box for Matt Forte.

Randy would come cheap and I really think he would help our ball club out. He has good hands and like I said before, he is a big target and would even make a great decoy. And trust me, Jay would probably love to show off his big arm and throw a few down the field to Moss. We would have Marshall, Moss, Jeffery, Bennett, possibly Knox (injury), Hester (release/retire), and hopefully we draft someone. I like the idea and would strongly consider it

What you guys think?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiscbearsfan


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 6350
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of his current 40 time Moss isn't going to come in and try to fill the roll of a downfield threat. That just not his game. The Bears need a guy who can get down the field consistently. I don't see Moss leaving SF anyway.
_________________
Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.........he is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Regardless of his current 40 time Moss isn't going to come in and try to fill the roll of a downfield threat. That just not his game. The Bears need a guy who can get down the field consistently. I don't see Moss leaving SF anyway.
He can definitely still be a deep threat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11043
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
Regardless of his current 40 time Moss isn't going to come in and try to fill the roll of a downfield threat. That just not his game. The Bears need a guy who can get down the field consistently. I don't see Moss leaving SF anyway.
He can definitely still be a deep threat.

Sure, but I can't see paying him $2.5M (what he got from SF this year) just to run deep. I'd rather we draft a speed WR in the bottom half of the draft and use him the same way at 1/5 the cost.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
Regardless of his current 40 time Moss isn't going to come in and try to fill the roll of a downfield threat. That just not his game. The Bears need a guy who can get down the field consistently. I don't see Moss leaving SF anyway.
He can definitely still be a deep threat.

Sure, but I can't see paying him $2.5M (what he got from SF this year) just to run deep. I'd rather we draft a speed WR in the bottom half of the draft and use him the same way at 1/5 the cost.
I highly doubt we would sign him but I'm just saying he can get deep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss caught 28 passes, 3 TD's and is going to be 36 in two weeks. Why on earth would we want to sign him?
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shruj


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 178
Location: Oswego, IL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Randy Moss caught 28 passes, 3 TD's and is going to be 36 in two weeks. Why on earth would we want to sign him?


this. want no part of him here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7398
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bad idea. The Bears need to find WR talent and develop the passing game over time. Not a quick fix.
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22954
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to make this move it would be like us bringing in Orlando Pace again…it would stunt the development of our younger guys especially Alshon.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7188
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 times for a receiver are the most overrated measurables out there.

Moss? No. What's the point? You've got Marshall, trying to develop Jeffery, and Moss isn't going to play on special teams. He's worthless to the Bears.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2436
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
40 times for a receiver are the most overrated measurables out there.

Moss? No. What's the point? You've got Marshall, trying to develop Jeffery, and Moss isn't going to play on special teams. He's worthless to the Bears.


This. He definitely can't play slot and Alshon is already the better receiver.

He should retire if San Fran wins. If not, stay with the 9'ers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiscbearsfan


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 6350
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
Regardless of his current 40 time Moss isn't going to come in and try to fill the roll of a downfield threat. That just not his game. The Bears need a guy who can get down the field consistently. I don't see Moss leaving SF anyway.
He can definitely still be a deep threat.


I highly doubt he can get down the field on a consistent basis while maintaining his health. You need a guy who can make those runs consistently, not just here and there. Randy Moss is not the guy you are looking for. Nor is he the droid you're looking for.
_________________
Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.........he is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1242
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah than we can line TO on the side and ocho cinco in the slot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bears54


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 932
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

So I get your guys point. He isnt the same guy, he 40 time is over rated, he only caught 20 something balls, he is old, blah blah blah.... ok so bad idea. SORRY!!!!

I still think he can come in and help our ball club. He could be the #3 WR, Bennett, and Jeffery have been injured in the past, and missed games. Having Moss come in would be a good thing.



What about Mike Wallace?????

This guy is young, fast, and a homerun hitter everytime down the field. The steelers just paid Brown, and so they franchised Wallace. If he was to become a free agent and hit the open market, would you pursue Wallace???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonanzaHawk


Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:




What about Mike Wallace?????

This guy is young, fast, and a homerun hitter everytime down the field. The steelers just paid Brown, and so they franchised Wallace. If he was to become a free agent and hit the open market, would you pursue Wallace???


The money required to sign Wallace would be better spent elsewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group