Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
Nah.

We roll with Harris, Green, and Benson.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.

+1

+2

+3

Maybe add someone in the pipeline via the draft. I think Harris is a really good player and he can be the 'lead dog' of our backfield. Kid has serious game.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

You and me both, b.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?

Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.

We don't need to be a dominating run team, we just need someone to keep opposing defenses honest. Teams shouldn't be able to sit in two Safety shell all day long, we should have a RB that makes them sneak one of the Safeties up.

That would be anyone of the guys you mentioned. Although considering we likely will only keep 1 FB, I'd keep Starks too.

Was thinkin about Starks the other day. I'm not so sure I would not ask that boy to come in around 230lbs this year for a host of reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cut Starks. Give me Steven Jackson or Chris Ivory.

Reggie just seems like he'd want too much money. Our offense would be really sexy though.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still dirt cheap. I don't cut ties there until final cuts going into next season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the toughest spots to evaluate on this team. None of these guys has enough carries in a Packer uniform to give a grade. It's like trying to evaluate a baseball hitter on his stats in day games. If one is added to the mix, I would prefer a between the tackles guy not, a Reggie Bush.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?

Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.

Isn't Bush younger than Jackson with fewer miles/yards? And if Philbin used a similar offense Bush would be familiar with a lot of ours.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

We don't need to be a dominating run team, we just need someone to keep opposing defenses honest. Teams shouldn't be able to sit in two Safety shell all day long, we should have a RB that makes them sneak one of the Safeties up.

That would be anyone of the guys you mentioned. Although considering we likely will only keep 1 FB, I'd keep Starks too.

I'd keep Starks too if the poor kid could only stay healthy. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now watch this...he goes to some place like Detroit...
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
now watch this...he goes to some place like Detroit...
Given Detroit's position of currently being up against the cap with a number of their own to sign, I would be entertained watching them bring in a pricey RB to go with their injured high draft picks.

I agree with other posters, Bush appears to be set up to go for a price well out of the Packers range. Don't know how much he's lose in shiftiness playing on the cold turf either, might lose the wiggle that makes him special.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Bush.

1. He is going to be to expensive probably more expensive than Jackson.

2. Like said before, how would he translate from Miami, New Orleans, and USC to Green Bay and the frozen tundra?

Yes Jackson is older, but he has also produced much better than Bush has over the same period of time and he will likely have to settle for a deal with less years and money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: