Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccammon07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reggie Bush Reply with quote

I have read recently that Reggie Bush is unlikely to return to the Miami Dolphins next season.

I think he would be a great addition to the Pack. He would add explosion at the running back position and can make plays by himself, unlike Benson who was brought in last year. We would no longer need to put Cobb in the backfield to get some sort of rushing attack.

Thoughts on Bush to Green Bay?
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone else will be willing to pay him far more than Green Bay will making him a pipe dream at best. Someone is still going to think he can be "that guy" they see flashes of and pay him like he can be that guy every play, every game, and I just don't think that's likely.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even want to think about what it would take to get Bush playing in the snow..... Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Don't even want to think about what it would take to get Bush playing in the snow..... Shocked
Is that a big reason he went to Miami?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Is that a big reason he went to Miami?

I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that Miami said they would give him a chance to be "the guy"in the backfield.

Remember back in the 05' draft, Bush wanted us to trade up and grab him.... Cool

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?

Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.

Prolific? I'd settle for average.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not feeling Bush. He kind of fits, but I can't get my head around it. I want somebody bigger and stronger.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah.

We roll with Harris, Green, and Benson.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ~4 years 24 million is what I would put on the table. Its Reggie Bush, if you have a chance to add him you do it.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Nah.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.

+1
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
Nah.

+1

+2

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

We don't need to be a dominating run team, we just need someone to keep opposing defenses honest. Teams shouldn't be able to sit in two Safety shell all day long, we should have a RB that makes them sneak one of the Safeties up.

That would be anyone of the guys you mentioned. Although considering we likely will only keep 1 FB, I'd keep Starks too.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get Bush here, we'd need to be the high bidder. It's not that attractive of a landing spot (I mean, the guy in California, indoors, and Miami recently) and he's already got a ring.

I don't think outbidding everybody else on Reggie Bush is a good idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: