Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mccammon07


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 900
Location: Washington State
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reggie Bush Reply with quote

I have read recently that Reggie Bush is unlikely to return to the Miami Dolphins next season.

I think he would be a great addition to the Pack. He would add explosion at the running back position and can make plays by himself, unlike Benson who was brought in last year. We would no longer need to put Cobb in the backfield to get some sort of rushing attack.

Thoughts on Bush to Green Bay?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10423
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone else will be willing to pay him far more than Green Bay will making him a pipe dream at best. Someone is still going to think he can be "that guy" they see flashes of and pay him like he can be that guy every play, every game, and I just don't think that's likely.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13874
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even want to think about what it would take to get Bush playing in the snow..... Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13247
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Don't even want to think about what it would take to get Bush playing in the snow..... Shocked
Is that a big reason he went to Miami?
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 11297
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Don't even want to think about what it would take to get Bush playing in the snow..... Shocked
Is that a big reason he went to Miami?


I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that Miami said they would give him a chance to be "the guy"in the backfield.

Remember back in the 05' draft, Bush wanted us to trade up and grab him.... Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19641
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2790
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?


Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9427
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?


Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.


Prolific? I'd settle for average.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3732
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not feeling Bush. He kind of fits, but I can't get my head around it. I want somebody bigger and stronger.
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3240
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah.

We roll with Harris, Green, and Benson.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
HokieHigh


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 1865
Location: Blacksburg
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ~4 years 24 million is what I would put on the table. Its Reggie Bush, if you have a chance to add him you do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2165
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Nah.

We roll with Harris, Green, and Benson.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byzr


Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 3117
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
Nah.

We roll with Harris, Green, and Benson.

Spend every dime we have this offseason on retaining our blue chips and getting some legit, borderline All Star Safety.


+1


+2
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19641
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, only if the price is right, and I am still holding out hope that Steven Jackson will be the guy.

Also, when you look at the type of backs MM likes in his offense, they tend to be bigger, thicker backs. Bush is shiftier and more elusive. I wonder how he'd fair in blitz pickups?


Steven Jackson - DuJuann Harris - Alex Green would give the Packers the best RB group they have had in many many years. Fact is Green Bay does need a prolific running game and top that group off with a healthier offensive line and we could have something here. The signing of a guy like Jackson would alow TT to beef up his front 7 and front 5 more and make the Packers a very dangerous team next year.


We don't need to be a dominating run team, we just need someone to keep opposing defenses honest. Teams shouldn't be able to sit in two Safety shell all day long, we should have a RB that makes them sneak one of the Safeties up.

That would be anyone of the guys you mentioned. Although considering we likely will only keep 1 FB, I'd keep Starks too.
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3303
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get Bush here, we'd need to be the high bidder. It's not that attractive of a landing spot (I mean, the guy in California, indoors, and Miami recently) and he's already got a ring.

I don't think outbidding everybody else on Reggie Bush is a good idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group